Wedding Etiquette Forum

Anyone around this morning?

I'm at work. Hoping to get off early.

I read that A&A thread with DNB and jeeze those newbs got all up in arms.

Who's travelling? Who's staying home for the holidays?

Safe travels for anyone that is travelling!!

Re: Anyone around this morning?

• I'm here! Mr. Fishy and I just got done shoveling/snow blowing....again. He's gotta go into work for awhile, I'm going to pack and clean the house, then we're off to Spice Town at noon! YAY!! So, I'll be around a bit today. I am so pumped to be home for Christmas.

Chances are pretty good we'll be driving home in the snow....again.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • I'm here.  On very little sleep.  Mr Stack was like a little kid waiting for Christmas to go to the store this morning at 5am to try to get these shoes that came out.  He succeeded, but just barely.  The guy behind him wanted the same size and about had a meltdown saying someone was supposed to hold them for him.  Sorry buddy - no holds on Jordan day.  Mr Stack was up like every hour checking the computer and just all around anxious.  I seriously hope he meant what he said about this being the last time he's doing this for Jordans.

We work a half day today and then it's off to our company Christmas party at The Fish Market.
  • Ha! That's hilarious, Stacks. Mr. Stack must love him some Jordan's, eh?

The Margarita Evolution
  • I'm here. Not working though.  I can never sleep in. :(
    The farthest we're traveling is about 20 miles south of us to my Dads tomorrow.  Everyone who is traveling, travel safely!  Especially if you do so in snow/ice.  Yuck. 

I can't believe tomorrow is Christmas eve!  This year was crazy fast.

Stack- Glad Mr. Stack got his J's!  :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• I'm here for a little bit.  H is watching Robot Chicken and I'm not quite tired enough to go to sleep yet.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm here, for now. Another busy day at work. I just had an amazingly fantastic failure when I got to work... I was smoking a cigarette in the car and somehow managed to lose my grip of it, it went flying, the burning end split into a few pieces, and I damn near crashed my car trying not to set myself on fire. Only to pull in to my parking space, realize something didn't smell right, and then realize that I had managed to burn a nice nasty hole in my new sweater. Ugh.

Yes, I know what this should teach me.
  • I'm here. Working a full day, then a half day tomorrow. Ugh.

I have nothing interesting to report though. I made 5 dozen lemon bars last night and have 3 dozen to go tonight. Also need to get boxes for these damn bars and then wrap them, plus that's all after soccer practice, so I'm just hoping I'm not up too late. Baking gifts is great for the budget, but it does mean a last minute rush to get them done without them going stale.

Tomorrow afternoon we head to H's grandma's house which is usally 2.5 hours south but will probably take more like 3/3.5 with traffic. I'm not looking forward to the traffic. No snow here, obviously, but we have the opposite problem of it being hot and not having air conditioning in the car.
  • good morning ladies! I am off to school yet again, but hopefully I will go in and say that we are on call so I can come home and do nothing except wait for FI to get in town. :-)

Stacks that is hilarious! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • Oh no AK. That's terrible.

I'm glad Mr. Stacks got his shoes. I do have funny pictures of a grown man having a meltdown over some Jordans. Made me chuckle.

I'm so glad we haven't had to shovel any snow this year and I'm hoping we never do. We have a gravel drive so I'm not sure how successful that would be.
  • You're a baking machine, Emily!  And I completely understand the no a/c in the car thing.  J's car has no a/c, I hate that!

AK- glad you didn't get in an accident!  That's scary.

• Em, I'm the same as you.  Work today, half day tomorrow.  I'm really not a fan of Christmas being on a weekend this year.  Oh well.  At least I get a half day.  My former boss made me work until 5 PM on Christmas Eve every year (my regular schedule ends at 2 PM).

It's freezing outside and looks like it might snow. 

Books read in 2012: 21/50

• And I just noticed that somehow all the nail polish on my right pinky finger is gone. Oy.

I'm glad today's my Friday!
  • yikes AK! Glad you made it to your parking lot safe.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • Oh my god, this poor woman on the Today Show who lost everything in the mudslide in CA. And her insurance won't cover it. :(

The Margarita Evolution
  • I'm here!  Thankfully, I have tomorrow through January 3 off!  God, I love working for the government (well, university!). 
    White Knot Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Fische, that is terrible.  Why won't they cover it?  Are they arguing that mudslides aren't part of their deal?

• FutureMrsFezzFutureMrsFezz member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2010
    Mudslide coverage should be a mandatory type thing depending on where they live.  Just like flood coverage is mandatory in certain areas close to the beach here.

• I'm here! But only until noon then I'm out.

Stacks, that is hilarious. I agree with mkrupar about seeing grown men have a meltdown over shoes, I would love to see that.

Emily, all this talk about lemon bars this week really makes me want to have some. Can I have your recipe? I might be inclined to bake on Sunday when I'll be bored again.

AK, please try not to set yourself on fire.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Good morning and happy Christmas eve eve! Mr P and I went shopping last night for our Christmas eve/day dinner and breakfast. It's just the two of us this year, but somehow we managed to buy enough food for a small army. Despite this, I've decided to go to Fezz's house for Christmas for rice balls and warm weather. Then we're going to Emily's for dessert, cause I love me some lemon bars. 

Oh hey, guess what? Jerk boss is buying us all lunch today. I think the coal incident is making him have an Ebenezer Scrooge moment and now he's trying to be all nice in hopes Santa will bring him some presents. 
  • I don't know, but she said her insurance doesn't cover for that kind of damage. Aw, man. She cried through the whole interview. I think they were pretty lucky to get out alive, but now they have nothing.

The Margarita Evolution
  • WM, I will do my best.
  • Ha! Manda, take advantage of it while you can! Maybe he'll ask you if you're eating for two?

The Margarita Evolution
  • That is so incredibly sad :(

Manda - Yay!  Enjoy the New and Improved Jerk Boss (while he lasts, which hopefully will be through Christmas).

• That's sad Fishy.

Manda- You guys are most definitely always welcome if you want to hit up the beach at all at any time.  Let me know.  We have an extra room. :)  If I could ship the riceballs without them becoming mush I would be all over that too. 

• Fezz are you anywhere near Miami? I'll be a little sad if you are because I was in Miami three times this year, twice on business when I was bored to tears.
  • Morning!  I'm here!  I woke up half an hour early because I was so excited about our half day at work and my mom coming!  And I haven't even had any coffee today!

We have our holiday potluck lunch at 12pm and I plan to be out of the office by 12:15pm.  Home to straighten up any final things and then my momma should be here around 2 or 3 :)  And we're giving her her photobook today to open because we're going to dinner with some of her girlfriends and she wanted to show them wedding pictures.  Win-win.
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • Love is an understatement when it comes to Mr Stack and his shoes.  Thankfully he likes his daughter dressed in things better than rags so he has eased up a lot on his shoe obsession.  So when he really wants a pair like today I try to support him. 

He said they had the shoe store gate up just a little bit and were yelling that only 2 people could get in at a time and people were screaming and yelling saying it wasn't fair.  One girl said she'd been there since 2am outside in the cold and how dare they give someone shoes before her.  Trevor walked up to worker and said, "I'm so sorry you have to go through this drama over shoes.  It's really not fair people treat you this way."  So the girl said, "what size do you need".  He totally schmoozed her with kindness, and he probably did end up taking the pair right out of that guys hold he had, but it just goes to show - don't shoot the messenger and that it pays to be nice and polite. 

• Manda - yay for free lunch.  Get it while it lasts.
  • And here is a really bad picture of that house in Jersey I briefly mentioned before that has at least 100 of those blow up lawn Christmas things...

ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • Nice going Mr. Stacks! I know when I worked retail (oh, the horror! THE HORROR!) I would go out of my way for people who were nice to me and expressed an understanding that I was just doing my (shitty) job.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards