Nevada-Las Vegas

VENDOR REVIEWS FOR 11/1/12---PART 2--very long too

Here are the balance of my reviews--I hope you find them helpful too!

Bentley & Wilson Photography--what can I say that already hasn't been said about Todd--he's amazing went over and above my expectations--he seemed to be everywhere.  He told me he took about 1000 pictures--we had him for 4 hours but he stayed longer.  Can't wait to see the pictures I am sure based on how many he took that there are many I will love.  If I remember the total cost was under $700

The Orleans Hotel-Stardust Suite--I worked with Pamela Eddy via email 100% she was extremely easy to work with. Our reception was technically from 6pm to 10pm. The room is stunning--has an amazing view and a balcony that allows the smokers to enjoy as well as some great pictures.  We had 50 people and ordered the traditional buffet with 3 options----salmon with mustard cream sauce, short ribs and grilled chicken breast--everyone raved about the food and not just one entree they loved ALL of them. The buffet also came with some other side items as well as a dessert table that consisted of 2 pies, fruit and 4 cakes.  The price for the buffet prior to tax/tip etc....was $43 per person.  We had a 3 tier wedding cake 2 tiers white with bavarian cream filling with strawberries and 1 tier red velvet--it feeds 75 people so we had alot left over and it cost $275 prior to tax/tip.  We had an open bar that we capped at $1500 prior to tax/tip--that got us about 4 hours.  The prices are very reasonable but make sure you are very clear about what you do and do not want---I specified no martini's and no shots in my contract---when I get to the reception I see everyone with martini's that the bartender recommended, towards the end of the evening everyone is doing shots. It was my wedding day and I wanted everyone  to have a good time so I didn't say anything but I think our $1500 would have gone a lot further otherwise.  Also we bought punch which they passed around on trays along with ice tea (included in the package) and SMALL bottles of water--which cost $3 EACH---and they were pushing them---so make it clear if you don't want them handing out bottles of water as if they were free that you tell them ahead of time.  There were a few glitches---no knive,cake cutter,plates with the cake but once we told them they were quick to get it for us.  The servers couldn't have been nicer and overall I think a great deal for the money.  For the champagne toast they let you bring your own champagne for a $7.50 corking fee per bottle or they will provide champagne for $25/bottle.  Any upopened champagne is returned to you--we bought 1.75 liter size champagne bottle and only opened 3 bottles out of 5 purchased.--reception was about $5500 including tax and tip.  They do include their Presidential Suite if available for the night of the wedding.  It is huge with 2 sleeping areas,a living room, dining room and  3 bathrooms with a huge shower as well as huge oversized roman jacuzzi tub--the finishes were a little cheesy and i'll be honest we were going to get in the tub the next morning but it looked dirty so we decided to pass.  The bed wasn't very comfortable--but our friends loved hanging out in the suite for a reception after party. 

The Orleans Hotel---we provided a group rate at the Orleans and the prices were ridiculously low--I think most people paid an average of of about $150 for three nights including resort fee and taxes.  Now if you are expecting luxurious this is not and it is off the strip but for the price the guest that stayed there thought it was a great value.    They had a lot of inexpensive food options including a good breakfast buffet for the cost of $7.99 per person--a true bargain.

DJ Godzilla--One of my favorite vendors--I gave him a playlist and he used it as a guide--we like old school funk, R&B and top 40--the dance floor was packed the entire time and everyone had a great time.  My family is Colombian and they wanted to listen to latin music he was able to keep everyone including my family happy.  His fee was $350 but he really should charge more--a true bargain!

The Verandah Restaurant at the Four Season's--we went there for breakfast one morning at it was delicious.  The atmosphere was beautiful and relaxing.  Breakfast for two was about $60 with tip and worth every penny.

Border Grill Cafe at Mandalay Bay--we liked this place so much that we went there 3 times----overlooks the pool and the food is delish---this is upscale Mexican--and we live in Dallas so we are picky--no complaints at all but it is pricey.  Even my new 7 year old Stepson said his cheese quesadilla's were delicious!  High praise from him he's picky.

Lupo's Restaurant at Mandalay Bay--we went there for dinner with a group of 12 the night after the wedding.  By that time we didn't want much alcohol so our bill including tax/tip was about $420---their chicken marsala and pizza was delicious. 

The Bathhouse Spa at TheHotel--went with 3 friends the day after the wedding.  I had a 50 minute massage and a 25 minute relaxation bath.  I recommend taking the bath first and then the massage for a truly relaxing day.  We spent 4 hours hanging out in the Spa but got in trouble for being a little loud--that being said we had a great time.  They were having a special buy one treatment and get the next one for 50% off so I spent about $240 including tip---a bargain in the spa world!  

Re: VENDOR REVIEWS FOR 11/1/12---PART 2--very long too

• nursing2unursing2u member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited November 2012
    That was sooo amazing.. you guys did soo much and I am really happy you had a Beautiful weddinf.. I appreciate all of your Info in Stardust... it will help me... Question... so u think people will need a couple of tables to sit down and eat at during dinner?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks for the wonderful reviews of Stardust and DJ Godzilla. You provided much information about Stardust as I didn't realize the cocktail costs. I asked them for open bar for 3 hours for my 50 guests...I thought that meant no additional costs for shots or martinis, etc. Didn't realize they would consider things like that extra.
    And they lived happily ever after... February 16, 2013 Chapel of the Flowers Stardust Suite at The Orleans
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_vendor-reviews-for-11112-part-2-very-long-too?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:2e8dbdcf-2d0b-4249-bbf9-886224b9034cPost:9720af5a-450c-4aa3-b09b-e690081938bf">Re: VENDOR REVIEWS FOR 11/1/12---PART 2--very long too</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for the wonderful reviews of Stardust and DJ Godzilla. You provided much information about Stardust as I didn't realize the cocktail costs. I asked them for open bar for 3 hours for my 50 guests...I<strong><em> thought that meant no additional costs for shots or martinis, etc. Didn't realize they would consider things like that extra.
    </em></strong>Posted by jkr41271[/QUOTE]

I thought on the info they sent on drinks... it has the breakdown on the drinks and the specialty drinks.... I know I want the cotton candy martini to be our specialty drink... so I am expecting the price.. you know
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • M... I didn't pay much attention to the ala carte items but remember reading martinis (since I love them) are $9.00 each. I know we budgeted $5K for the reception with $2,800.00 going towards food including the cake and the rest will be for bar.

We are still working on our signature drink as well and I'd love for it to be a martini however not for an additional $9 per drink. We have major drinkers in our group it could really add up.

And they lived happily ever after... February 16, 2013 Chapel of the Flowers Stardust Suite at The Orleans
  • yeah you're right.. I have to figure out the price breakdown...

funny... there are certain things I know I want.. and then I am trying to figure out the rest..

Like I want the movie go'ers break at the beginning before we get there..

I want the cotton candy martinis

I want a mash potato bar (yummm)

I know I want cupcakes(not sure from where yet).. since pyp just confirmed they are leaving Vegas Dec 31, 2012.

and still working out the rest..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_vendor-reviews-for-11112-part-2-very-long-too?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:2e8dbdcf-2d0b-4249-bbf9-886224b9034cPost:12d2437a-9c2a-49c9-881c-b1766bf76c25">Re:VENDOR REVIEWS FOR 11/1/12PART 2very long too</a>:
    [QUOTE]That was sooo amazing.. you guys did soo much and I am really happy you had a Beautiful weddinf.. I appreciate all of your Info in Stardust... it will help me... Question... so u think people will need a couple of tables to sit down and eat at during dinner?
    Posted by nursing2u[/QUOTE]

<div>No one seemed to need one at our reception and we had quite a few older people too.</div><div>There are low tables scattered around the room especially in the club looking section.</div><div>Anyone that was serious about eating just sat at the bar--it seats about 10 people.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_vendor-reviews-for-11112-part-2-very-long-too?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:2e8dbdcf-2d0b-4249-bbf9-886224b9034cPost:9720af5a-450c-4aa3-b09b-e690081938bf">Re: VENDOR REVIEWS FOR 11/1/12---PART 2--very long too</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for the wonderful reviews of Stardust and DJ Godzilla. You provided much information about Stardust as I didn't realize the cocktail costs. I asked them for open bar for 3 hours for my 50 guests...I thought that meant no additional costs for shots or martinis, etc. Didn't realize they would consider things like that extra.
    Posted by jkr41271[/QUOTE]

<div>There are two options--you can pay for unlimited consumption which is a flat fee per person. We did not do this because we had quite a few non drinkers and it seemed a waste of money to pay $40 per person on people that don't drink--so we did save money vs. going that route.  We had a hosted bar and set up a preset spending limit--when we got close to that the lady from Stardust helping us with the party let me know if we needed to convert to a cash bar or if we wanted to add more money to bar budget.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_vendor-reviews-for-11112-part-2-very-long-too?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:2e8dbdcf-2d0b-4249-bbf9-886224b9034cPost:432b6b4b-ca85-4926-8e49-63e02f2380fb">Re: VENDOR REVIEWS FOR 11/1/12---PART 2--very long too</a>:
    [QUOTE]yeah you're right.. I have to figure out the price breakdown... funny... there are certain things I know I want.. and then I am trying to figure out the rest.. Like I want the movie go'ers break at the beginning before we get there.. I want the cotton candy martinis I want a mash potato bar (yummm) I know I want cupcakes(not sure from where yet).. since pyp just confirmed they are leaving Vegas Dec 31, 2012. and still working out the rest..

<div>Make sure that they let you bring your own cupcakes---I originally had booked Las Vegas custom cakes as my cake vendor and the Stardust told me I could do that IF i paid them  a cake cutting fee--around $3/per person--that is why they did our meet and greet cupcakes instead. Also remember that the pricing you are given does not include the 8.1% tax and 19% gratuity--so that means for every $100 you spend it is really a cost of about $127----$5000 reception really costs about $6350</div>
  • Sandy.. thanks.. that helps a lot... I am glad that you guys had sooo much fun... I heard your fam had a GREAT TIME..Laughing

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks you Sandy, the information you've provided is invaluable!
  • ok.. I am going to have to remember that pricing... I really want to have it payed in advance as much as possible.... I wanted to have my own cupcakes brought in.. If I decide to use their bakery I wonder if it will come out less...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_vendor-reviews-for-11112-part-2-very-long-too?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:2e8dbdcf-2d0b-4249-bbf9-886224b9034cPost:03db35f6-5d11-4a02-b217-d6158eeea484">Re: VENDOR REVIEWS FOR 11/1/12---PART 2--very long too</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sandy.. thanks.. that helps a lot... I am glad that you guys had sooo much fun... I heard your fam had a GREAT TIME..

<div>Yes we all had an amazing time---better than I could have ever expected!</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_vendor-reviews-for-11112-part-2-very-long-too?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:2e8dbdcf-2d0b-4249-bbf9-886224b9034cPost:8abee088-cda3-4bc6-bd18-680c80e53c58">Re: VENDOR REVIEWS FOR 11/1/12---PART 2--very long too</a>:
    [QUOTE]ok.. I am going to have to remember that pricing... I really want to have it payed in advance as much as possible.... I wanted to have my own cupcakes brought in.. If I decide to use their bakery I wonder if it will come out less...

<div>My cake for 75 people was $275 but that was 10% extra because I had fresh strawberries in the filling.  It was three tiers and really delicious.</div>
  • ok.. I have to look into it.. we are no way near having that many people... and I think I really want cupcakes.. and maybe one top cake layer.. not sure yet
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congrats!!!  I love all of your reviews - they are going to be so helpful for so many people.
    http://angieandchris.weebly.com/ Wedding Countdown Ticker image119 Dealt!
    image 40 Are All In!
    image 51 Had to fold!
    image 28 Are Holding Out For their Turn!
  • Hi, I know this is a old post. I am wondering if you did much decorating for the Starduste Suite and if so what did you do? Thanks a million
  • I just had my reception in feb and the only decorating I did was four tall vases with a flames light with clear stones n placed mine n my briades maid bouqet on top thats all I needed as its beautiful at night time with the city lights!
  • Whooo hoooo - I have DJ Godzilla for mine tooo!!!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards