Snarky Brides

Who's here?

I will be for another ten minutes... the weather is deplorable right now (extreme, "hurricane force" winds, rain that will turn into snow) and I have no motivation to go to the gym right now.  I'd rather go home and curl up with a blanket.

Entertain me now dammit.  Or motivate me to go to the gym.
panther

Re: Who's here?

• I vote for the curling up with a blanket option! Do it, do it!!
    Anniversary
  • I vote going home and putting on warm clothes. It has been raining the pass few days on and off here.
  • We're in the hurricane watch down here too  :) They are saying we've got a decenet chance of snow for late tonight/tomorrow. The wind is vicious!

I made this today:

http://www.macheesmo.com/2009/06/brickle/

Whoever posted the recipe the other day, Thanks You!  I can't remember who it was.

• I'm also dealing with the hurricane force winds here in Milwaukee, and I so do not want to go out to go grocery shopping for dinner for FI and me. We're out of food, though, since my family was here the past week and ate us out of house and home. So I'm not sure what to do. I've also pretty much wasted the day.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • I'm here but leaving in 5. I was supposed to have a girls night with a friend with pizza and beer, but I haven't heard from her. She had a pretty down FB status so I texted her asking why her feelers were hurt. She replied "Oh I will have to tell you over a beer. Long story short, I got the cable bill and there was a 12.99 charge on it". Oy!

It is true that pit bulls grab and hold on. But what they most
    often grab and refuse to let go of is your heart

imageimage
  • The weather is really windy/rainy here too. I was going to curl my hair but there is no point when an umbrella wouldn't even keep me dry in this.
    Photobucket
  • Yeah dinner will be interesting tonight for me too... I have NO food, lol.  But maybe that's a good thing, since I really don't feel like going to the gym now... especially after seeing anna's food :)
    panther
  • I skipped the gym because my drive home from work was pure bullshit (due to the weather) and I had no desire to be out in it any longer. I will work out at home tonight I suppose.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whos-here-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2ffc946b-62ac-444f-88fc-51c72cbe409cPost:04a8654a-d32d-481b-8172-c5492fb53e84">Re: Who's here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm also dealing with the hurricane force winds here in Milwaukee, and I so do not want to go out to go grocery shopping for dinner for FI and me. We're out of food, though, since my family was here the past week and ate us out of house and home. So I'm not sure what to do. I've also pretty much wasted the day.
    Posted by sarah0725[/QUOTE]

You really shouldn't go out there.  I walked to the mailbox and almost got swept off my feet (not an easy task for me) while not being able to catch my breath because of gale force winds hitting my chest.

You could order in tonight ?
  • I don't think I am a good person for workout motivation today. We are having the winds and dark skies down here too, and its miserable. I have been avoiding a workout all day and I have everything I need at home.

We have snow in the forecast for tomorrow as well and I am really annoyed. We are doing family pics and TTD pics next week and I was really hoping for pretty fall colors. I should have known the 1st week of Nov would be a fail.
  • Go home!  I hate snow and never drive in it.

The only thing that was remotely interesting in my life today was the power outage we had at work.  I got to sit in a classroom, in the dark, with 20 sophomores for over an hour.  Good thing they're nice kids.
  • WTF is up with the crazy weather everywhere?  We are having a heat wave.  I want it to cool down, but I don't need hurricane winds.
  • AATB, this is why I go to the gym on the way in to work.  Yes, it sucks getting up at 5 am, but I don't make excuses or skip it in the morning they way I would coming home from work (especially after a rough day).  Of course, it does also mean I go to bed at like 9:00 pm, but since it's dark by then anyway, I don't really mind.  :)
    "Plus who needs a purse when you have a wedding dress? Those things are like walking hobo bags just waiting to be stuffed with surprise treasures." -Wedinator.com image
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whos-here-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2ffc946b-62ac-444f-88fc-51c72cbe409cPost:5a43c864-79df-4441-8f55-0122e908eab5">Re: Who's here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's here? : You really shouldn't go out there.  I walked to the mailbox and almost got swept off my feet (not an easy task for me) while not being able to catch my breath because of gale force winds hitting my chest. You could order in tonight ?
    Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]

I feel bad though because FI is out in it right now at skating practice, and then he'll be home for a short while, and then he has to go out again to go to work tonight. We also ordered in last night because we couldn't face cooking after the family visit. So all moral considerations suggest that I should go to the store. I'm trying to look at cookbooks now to make myself want to go.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • We had a tornado today and I found out that the tallest building in the city tends to sway. It was exciting.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm here, home sick today with (another) stupid UTI. Blah. 

How is everyone? It's weird to be on at the same time as all of you!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whos-here-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2ffc946b-62ac-444f-88fc-51c72cbe409cPost:fc5b161d-3545-45b6-870d-1ab79201e7c3">Re: Who's here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]WTF is up with the crazy weather everywhere?  We are having a heat wave.  I want it to cool down, but I don't need hurricane winds.
    Posted by NatesGirl16[/QUOTE]

I was just about to ask the same thing. It seems like all my FB friends are in miserable weather no matter where they live.  It isn't 2012 yet is it?
  • Wow, all of this talk of tornadoes and snow sounds very exotic to me! 
  • slubkin - I could think of several excuses at 5 am :)
    panther
  • I'm here.  Another hour of work, then spin class with DH.  It's cold and very windy - supposed to be in the low 20s tonight.  Gonna light a fire when I get home.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whos-here-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2ffc946b-62ac-444f-88fc-51c72cbe409cPost:fc5b161d-3545-45b6-870d-1ab79201e7c3">Re: Who's here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]WTF is up with the crazy weather everywhere?  We are having a heat wave.  I want it to cool down, but I don't need hurricane winds.
    Posted by NatesGirl16[/QUOTE]

Yeah what the hell is going on? It should be in the high 40's/low 50's here. It was 75 degrees today. It's pleasant weather, but I can't figure out how to dress in the morning. I start out freezing and then I'm sweating like an animal later in the day.
  • edited October 2010

Haha I'm afraid there's no Antarctic blasts in Queensland! But yes, we get cyclones from time to time- I think I've only been through one or two in my life, though, as they tend to hit further north. Bushfires are a worry of mine as we live on acreage with a lot of bush and it does get very dry here. And floods- this spring was our wettest in many years and the road we take to the train station (over the Brisbane river) flooded by something ridiculous (like three metres). 

I have never seen snow in my life. Nor a tornado or earthquake. *ETA: I should probably be happy about the latter!  

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whos-here-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2ffc946b-62ac-444f-88fc-51c72cbe409cPost:64e652e1-c3e7-4f82-88e3-4fb017ca2730">Re: Who's here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's here? : Yeah what the hell is going on? It should be in the high 40's/low 50's here. It was 75 degrees today. It's pleasant weather, but I can't figure out how to dress in the morning. I start out freezing and then I'm sweating like an animal later in the day.
    Posted by LessThanZero[/QUOTE]
    I had the air on all day at work (with the excetion of the power outage hour). Sounds like wind is picking up, so I better walk the dog before sone crazy weather hits.

Sun--feel better soon!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whos-here-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:2ffc946b-62ac-444f-88fc-51c72cbe409cPost:3da2424f-4497-439a-838a-8b2e2321a12d">Re: Who's here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's here? : I'm 2 out of 3 on this one.  Just tornados left, and there have been a few minor tornado warnings around Calgary this year, but none of them have ever gotten past funnell clouds, thank goodness!
    <p>Posted by rhonwynv[/QUOTE]</p><p> </p><p>I imagine it would be somewhat exciting to see a tornado at a distance. </p><p> </p><p>And I should clarify that I have <em>seen</em> snow, but only on top of mountains in Europe and the States- I've never been close enough to touch it, though. </p>
  • Not to be a jerk to everyone in crappy weather (well maybe a little), but it's 80 degrees and sunny out. Tongue out

This is the time of year I start to really like Phx.
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whos-here-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2ffc946b-62ac-444f-88fc-51c72cbe409cPost:7e5c5ce5-aa36-443e-ab4a-d415becc9ed8">Re: Who's here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]slubkin - I could think of several excuses at 5 am :)
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]
    I did too at first, but since we have 3 rotties who were insisting I get up around that time anyway, I just bowed to the inevitable and started getting up.  It was hard at first, but after a week or two, I started to feel more awake and energized after my morning workout.
    "Plus who needs a purse when you have a wedding dress? Those things are like walking hobo bags just waiting to be stuffed with surprise treasures." -Wedinator.com image
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whos-here-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2ffc946b-62ac-444f-88fc-51c72cbe409cPost:ebaffebf-18dd-4d9e-ba12-f95b0926e03a">Re: Who's here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Not to be a jerk to everyone in crappy weather (well maybe a little), but it's 80 degrees and sunny out. This is the time of year I start to really like Phx.
    Posted by LedZeppelin[/QUOTE]
    Boo.

ETA: Love the new sig!  Emerson is too cute!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whos-here-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:2ffc946b-62ac-444f-88fc-51c72cbe409cPost:ebaffebf-18dd-4d9e-ba12-f95b0926e03a">Re: Who's here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Not to be a jerk to everyone in crappy weather (well maybe a little), but <strong>it's 80 degrees and sunny out. </strong>This is the time of year I start to really like Phx.
    <p>Posted by LedZeppelin[/QUOTE]</p><p>That's our predicted weather for today, too. So far it's early morning and the sun is shining. Hopefully the humidity will be kept at bay today, although all of this recent rain makes that somewhat unlikely!</p>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whos-here-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:2ffc946b-62ac-444f-88fc-51c72cbe409cPost:f79aa45a-fc45-4172-9189-d024c872acfb">Re: Who's here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's here? : Boo. ETA:<strong> Love the new sig!  Emerson is too cute!
    </strong>Posted by NatesGirl16[/QUOTE]

x2. So cute!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • LedZeppelinLedZeppelin member
    First Comment
    edited October 2010
    Thanks, np!

I'm actually jealous of the rain. I love rain! I guess it rained her last week, but of course, I was in Tucson and missed it.

ETA: Thanks MIAF!
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards