Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Museum venue

I'm wondering if there is anyone who has had their wedding in a museum gallery? SO and I love art and history, so I thought it would be a fun and beautiful place for a ceremony that expresses who we are as a couple. 

We would like to have a very small ceremony with our families, so that may make this more possible. Any much would it cost for us to say our vows in a public space in a museum with a group the size of a tour? 

Re: Museum venue

• Not sure on cost--for that you would need to go to the specific venue you had in mind. Are you wanting to close down all/part of the museum or just have your vows in the museum while the public was still allowed in and milling about?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • I personally think it would be great to have it when there are other people going through the museum. I'm not sure how my SO would feel about that though. It's still an option. I really like the idea of having my wedding in the middle of its context: around and in society, a public social commitement, and something that comes from a historical legacy of thousands of years of humanity and love and beauty. 
  • I looked into it and the prices range from very expensive (like $20,000 membership fee plus a few thousand site fee) to just a thousand for a site fee. Smaller museums tend to be cheaper. They tend to have a lot of restrictions on decor. It's a really cool idea. I'd also suggest sculpture gardens if you want outdoor space.   
    Visit The Nest!  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • All of the museums in our area are open for weddings. If Seattle is anything like Dallas most of the big name museums are fairly expensive. You might try a small private art gallery or something artsy to make it less espensive.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're having our reception at the Museum of Ventura County.  They have a room that holds up to 200.  For an extra fee they will open the museum up for a private viewing for your guests during your event.  We received a $1,000 discount on room rental for choosing a Sunday - which happened to be our anniversary.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • the Portland Art Museum does weddings and receptions, and I just checked and Seattle Art Museum does them as well.  I know the cost can't be too exhorbitant as a friend had her reception there and my school held a formal dance at the Portland A.M. I would expect Seattle pricing is simmilar.
  • hoffsehoffse member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    The ones in Nashville are open, but your rental fees are anywhere from $6,000-$11,000 before you add anything else on top of it.  FI and I looked into this too because I have a degree in art history and he is a composer (so we looked at the symphony hall, etc), but ultimately we decided that was so not worth it.  We're spending that money on a honeymoon in Europe where we can actually see and hear the big stuff ourselves.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks for the feedback! This is really helpful :)
  • Ours is going to be at the Cincinnati Art Musuem. The rental fee is 4k (food and drink is extra) but the meseum closes at 5 and will reopen for our wedding guests at 6. I think it will be so awesome to have the place to ourselves! They have a garden outside we will get married in, then move inside for dinner and dancing. They are shutting off most of the art wings though; only one will be open for guests.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards