Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Couple of things...and WFL?

Re: Couple of things...and WFL?

• Options
    All hell breaks loose when KA leaves the building.

On a different note, I am really disliking FB right now because FB makes me want a baby.  Because EVERYONE apparently has a damn baby, or is pregly.  I want to drink the cool-aid!  PEER PRESSURE!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Habs2HartHabs2Hart member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited February 2012
    oh, and I had a salad for lunch because I'm original like that. 
  • Options
    I have a friend who's planned her whole wedding and baby nursery and she's still single. I feel like I would change my mind a dozen times, I did that even after getting engaged.
  • Options
    I like the voice, but you all are right about Christina.  I also hate that they try to make it out like there is some "sexual tension" between her and Adam.

I enjoyed last season because I felt the actual best person on the show won.  Instead of AI where someone that is usually so-so wins but the best person gets voted off earlier.  I think by providing more voting power through the season to the judges, they are able to have a bit more control over the outcome.  Which I personally think is good.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I had baby fever hardcore when everyone around me was pregnant.  Now we're considering not having any kids at all.  We'll see.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    Maybe I can live vicariously through her? 
  • Options
    I think FB will be responsible for the upcoming baby boom. 
  • Options
    A good friend of mine is having a baby, and I'm excited because I'll get to do all the fun stuff without actually having to be pregnant myself.  I can't decide whether her baby is going to make me want a baby more or less though, since it'll be adorable (meaning I will want a baby more) but I'll also have to witness the difficulties a baby creates (which may make me want a baby less).
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Options
    Seeing pregnancy stuff on facebook makes me NOT want to have a baby. I guess that's weird though.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_couple-of-thingsand-wfl?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ee2d20a7-7fe4-40b4-9deb-87ea65c599b6Post:e4208fcc-863b-4090-aae2-bf2148eddc48">Re: Couple of things...and WFL?</a>:
    [QUOTE]A good friend of mine is having a baby, and I'm excited because I'll get to do all the fun stuff without actually having to be pregnant myself.  I can't decide whether her baby is going to make me want a baby more or less though, since it'll be adorable (meaning I will want a baby more) but I'll also have to witness the difficulties a baby creates (which may make me want a baby less).
    Posted by StephBeanWed61502[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm banking on this too.  FI's GM is getting married soon too, and I hope they have a baby so I can "Volunteer" babysit so they can have date night.  I know they want kids, but they could be like us and planning on waiting awhile.  Everywhere I look on fcbk there are babies.  It's ridonk.</div>
  • Options
    I guess my friends just post really cute pictures and not all the gory overshares.  OR I ignore all the overshares or have that person blocked from my news feed. 
  • Options
    I'm the first of most of my FB friends to be getting married, so I don't really have a ton of baby-stuff on my newsfeed.  Which is good because we are planning on waiting a while before having kids.  I think all the cuteness would put me into baby-mania mode though.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Several of my HS friends on FB are on their 3rd or 4th kids already and that just boggles my mind. I'm so not ready for that yet, but I'm happy for them that they are.
  • Options
    I want a baby for the wrong reasons: decorating a nursery, picking a name, dressing it up in cute little clothes, etc. When it comes down to the more serious reasons, though, I don't want one. I never have.
  • Options
    I don't really want a baby, per se, although I do want a little person to raise and be a mom to.  Basically, I want to skip to the part where they can kind of walk and talk (around age 1 is when I start to genuinely enjoy interacting with kids). 
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Options
    FI and I go back and forth on whether or not we want kids, we have a couple of friends who's children drive us crazy so that doesn't help.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_couple-of-thingsand-wfl?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:ee2d20a7-7fe4-40b4-9deb-87ea65c599b6Post:93ef0786-4cad-4bbb-a33e-8be6c6772d8c">Re: Couple of things...and WFL?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I want a baby for the wrong reasons: decorating a nursery, picking a name, dressing it up in cute little clothes, etc. When it comes down to the more serious reasons, though, I don't want one. I never have.
    Posted by specialk84[/QUOTE]

This is me, I think.  I think about getting pregnant and baby clothes and a nursery, and I'm all "aw so cute."  Then I think about raising a teenager and I'm like "hmm, not sure if I really want to do that."
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    I'll bury this in here, but my doctor told me on Monday that I should not have kids. He said any one of my health conditions on their own would be trying, but combined, it would be a nightmare. I already expected having trouble getting pregnant, but he pretty much told me the health risks to me are not worth getting pregnant. He said if I want a kid, I should adopt.

I'm not really sure how I feel about the whole conversation. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_couple-of-thingsand-wfl?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ee2d20a7-7fe4-40b4-9deb-87ea65c599b6Post:ef674198-b1d6-46ef-b295-36841c9f20eb">Re: Couple of things...and WFL?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'll bury this in here, but my doctor told me on Monday that I should not have kids. He said any one of my health conditions on their own would be trying, but combined, it would be a nightmare. I already expected having trouble getting pregnant, but he pretty much told me the health risks to me are not worth getting pregnant. He said if I want a kid, I should adopt. I'm not really sure how I feel about the whole conversation. 
    Posted by specialk84[/QUOTE]

<div>:( I'm sorry to hear that Special, I can imagine that that information would be hard to take. </div>
  • Options
    Aw, I'm sorry Special.
  • Options
    Special i'm so sorry to hear that, I cannot imagine how painful that must be to hear.
  • Options
    *hug* special.  I wouldn't know how to take that either.  However, I know several families that have adopted and their kids are absolutely adorable and there are so many kids and babies who need loving families. 
  • Options
    Part of me wants to be really upset about it, but then I think about how I have NEVER wanted kids. I've thought about it, and there are times when I've thought seriously about it (to the point where I worry about PPD--see the KPS from a while back).

Another part of me is kind of glad, since I won't be labeled a "baby hater" by my ILs and the rest of society.
  • Options
    And I do realize that I sound like an asshole to anyone who might be having trouble TTC. Sorry. (<-- not sarcasm)
  • Options
    Special I wouldn't worry about what your crazy ILs think of you, ever.
  • Options
    Wow that would be a really hard thing to hear from your MD.  I mean, I'm sure the intent was good but I feel like it would feel cruel to hear.
  • Options
    I don't want kids, but I'm not a baby hater. That's damn offensive.

I am sorry that you can't have kids Special.  My aunt was told not to have kids because of a medical condition, and she and my uncle tried anyway. She had SIX miscarriages before they stopped. The last baby went to 6 months before he died and she had to go through birth and fill out a death certificate. Horrible.
  • Options
    Their judgement gets old, fast. It is not at all unreasonable to think that MIL would say something ridiculous and awful to a potential future child, such as, "Your mom hates children--I don't know why she had you." Bitch.
  • Options
    How do you sound like a jerk to people TTC? 
  • Options
    I'm sorry Special :(  I can't imagine how one would take that news.

Fi and I go back and forth all the time about whether or not we really want kids, we've decided to just kind of go with the wait and see how we feel down the line theory.  We both love kids but we're not sure we want any, if that makes any sense.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards