March 2012 Weddings

Programs, Menus, etc.

Are any of you doing programs or menus? I planned on doing both. I'm in the process of trying to order all the paper from cardsandpockets.com. I'm really indecisive about the type of paper and colors to use.

*Use this link to refer to colors: clickyyy

My plan for my layered programs is to use metallic rose quartz cardstock for the backing with regular matte paper for each layer.

Questions: Should I use regular matte paper or make each layer cardstock as well (more $$)? If I choose the regular matte paper, I can't decide between cream puff or snow white. I wanted to do cream puff, but then they wouldn't match the paper we wanted to use for the menus. We definitely want to use cardstock for the menus. JP said more pink for the menus might be too much (I unfortunately agree), so we wanted to do a cream colored cardstock menu. The problem, they don't have the cream color for cardstock. So, perhaps I should use snow white for the paper programs and crystal for the menus?

Ahh..I can't decide and I probably sound ridiculously confusing, but if anyone understands what I'm saying, I'd love to hear your advice.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Programs, Menus, etc.

• I think the regular paper will be fine against the cardstock. My save the dates were like that and I still got lots of compliments on them! I like the idea of using snow white and crystal...The metallic cardstocks are soooo nice...I remember from getting tons of samples for my invitations. That way you will kind of match. I have been having problems with my ivories and creams not matching in certain things and it REALLY bugs me...you might be happier with the white and silver as those will compliment each other VERY well. That way you wouldn't have to worry about the creams not matching...

Wedding Countdown Ticker

121image Invited to Fabulous Las Vegas!
    53 image Are all in!
    68 image Are celebrating from afar
    0 image Haven't decided yet

RSVP Date 2/1
  • Thanks for your input! As I've been thinking about it some more, I've decided I might just go back to the idea of the menu being on the back of my table number Tolsby frames. That was my original idea until I heard about the I SPY game. I made one of those for the back of the frame. Honestly though, I don't really need the I SPY (especially since I wouldn't leave cameras on the table). If I was only making 20 menus for the frames, it would save about $90, so I think I'm going to go down that route.

For some reason, I have this vision that everything needs to be bigger and better and EVERYTHING is needed. It's okay though to opt out on some things and I have to keep reminding myself of this. Our wedding will already be gorgeous, not having individual menus is not going to ruin that, ya know?
  • So I really wanted to help you but this post was super confusing for me! I don't understand what you would be using the paper for the programs for, because I don't know your program style. If its booklet style and you are having cardstock be like book covers I think plain paper on the inside would be fine. If you are doing like a one sheet with and inner paper with a border around it sort of like an invite then I say two cardstocks.

And I think personally do the rose quartz and snow white for programs and a cream for the menu. Hope that helps some :) I tried to make something out of it!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2012-weddings_programs-menus-etc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:955e4823-0be1-44ef-9ee7-99a63794e103Discussion:be9f9cdf-6db4-4507-8030-2dfeec6ccf30Post:d72df84f-10ea-48be-a7bb-0432f10065a8">Re: Programs, Menus, etc.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for your input! As I've been thinking about it some more, I've decided I might just go back to the idea of the menu being on the back of my table number Tolsby frames. That was my original idea until I heard about the I SPY game. I made one of those for the back of the frame. Honestly though, I don't really need the I SPY (especially since I wouldn't leave cameras on the table). If I was only making 20 menus for the frames, it would save about $90, so I think I'm going to go down that route. For some reason, <strong>I have this vision that everything needs to be bigger and better and EVERYTHING is needed. It's okay though to opt out on some things and I have to keep reminding myself of this. Our wedding will already be gorgeous, not having individual menus is not going to ruin that, ya know?
    </strong>Posted by brittandjp[/QUOTE]

So my original post was already being worked on while you wrote this so now my answer looks obsolete but oh well.

Anywho refering to the bolded part, this is so me too! I feel the exact same way. And no not having individual menus is not a big problem. Hell I'm not even having menus at all. (It does sort of kill me a little inside but I know I will get over it) And yes the wedding will be gorgeous without them!
  • brittandjpbrittandjp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2012-weddings_programs-menus-etc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:955e4823-0be1-44ef-9ee7-99a63794e103Discussion:be9f9cdf-6db4-4507-8030-2dfeec6ccf30Post:fc86a2f3-3d92-45ee-80b8-a244f05e006e">Re: Programs, Menus, etc.</a>:
    [QUOTE]So I really wanted to help you but this post was super confusing for me! I don't understand what you would be using the paper for the programs for, because I don't know your program style. If its booklet style and you are having cardstock be like book covers I think plain paper on the inside would be fine. If you are doing like a one sheet with and inner paper with a border around it sort of like an invite then I say two cardstocks. And I think personally do the rose quartz and snow white for programs and a cream for the menu. Hope that helps some :) I tried to make something out of it!
    Posted by w+c3[/QUOTE]

Haha, yeah, I figured it sounded confusing. I'm definitely doing the programs, and they will be layered. There will be 4 layers. The first is the cover, the second is the ceremony, the third is the bridal party, and the fourth is the acknowledgements, and on the back of it all will be the cardstock. They'll be similar to these... <a href="http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.satinbow.net/cate.images/style36/1.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.vibrantbride.com/phpwsbb/view/topic/id/2017&h=282&w=300&sz=64&tbnid=fD7FIkCHW_-jZM:&tbnh=90&tbnw=96&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dlayered%2Bwedding%2Bprograms%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=layered+wedding+programs&docid=X2owmZI8S1a3mM&sa=X&ei=MTP5Tp3xA4qIsgK5qYSzAQ&ved=0CHMQ9QEwBA&dur=2320">clickyyyy</a>.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards