Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Potential Bridesmaids

Dilemma

I've got two very close friends that I would love to have in my wedding, but one strongly dislikes the other.  Should I not ask the 'diliking' friend so as to avoid any potential drama or should I ask and expect that because they are full grown adult women, that they will act accordingly?

How would y'all handle this scenario.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Potential Bridesmaids

• crash2729crash2729 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would ask them both and expect them to act like adults.
  • shayNnikshayNnik member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto. If you go this route, maybe talk to both of them after you ask them. I'd be up front with them about your expectations. They can act like adults for the sake of your wedding and at least tolerate each other.
    imageimage
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    MUST HAVES: Clothes, Groom
    WISHES: Wedding planner(check!), Honeymoon, Blue Petyl Bouquet
  • edited December 2011
    Expect them to act like adults.  The second the disliking one starts talking smack, tell her you simply will not tolerate her behavior.  If she doesn't like it, she's not a very good friend.
    Anniversary

• KHollyTXKHollyTX member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, Ladies.  Very good advice.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • courtski2004courtski2004 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I was in a situation like this a few years ago. I was not on good terms with two of the other BM's (they were Whiskey Tango and love love loved drama, I'm the opposite) but we made it through out of respect of our mutual friend, Bridey. They tried to sucker me into contributing more money than we initially decided on for the combined shower/bachelorette, but that was the only issue. This marriage only lasted 30 days anyway...I'm SO glad I shelled out money for it, and soon after Groomie asked for the annulment I considered sending him an invoice.
  • KHollyTXKHollyTX member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yikes!  That is a terrible story.  I would have wanted to send an invoice too! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards