Not Engaged Yet

Puppies and Rainbows

No, but in all seriousness, CDE's post got me thinking, and I thought it'd be nice if we all had a sweet little let's love everyone sesh.  That may be the exhaustion talking, but I'm running with it.

So, why are you here?  But more importantly, why do you stick around?

I'm here because I'd been lurking for about like 3 years.  And I hang around because everyone is amazing.  Beyond belief.  I have gotten good advice, laughed until I've cried or gotten some sort of painful substance up my nose (and then invariably all over my computer screen).  And because knowing that there is a group of women who have either already gone through this shiit, are about to go through it, or are going through it at the same time is comforting.

Your friends don't always know how to help.  But this group has such a diverse group of experiences that someone has already been through it.  And is always more than willing to help.

I love you guys.  And I just teared up a little bit.  Audgie, if you ruin this, so help me God...
I french with my man
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Puppies and Rainbows

• Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I legitmately think of several of the girls on here as real-life friends, even though I haven't meet them in person.  (I'm probably meeting Schiano in June, though, and I am so stoked!  Also, Jester, we should hang sometime.)

I love that we can vehemently disagree with one another, then still turn around support each other when it's needed.  I love that you girls give me a place to vent when bad things happen and "squeee" when good things happen.  I love that so many of you like Harry Potter.  I love the senses of humor everyone has.  I love stealing ideas from planning bios.  I love the fashion advice and "dress me" threads.  I love seeing everyone's furbabies.

I just love it here.
  • LizzyTish88LizzyTish88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_puppies-rainbows-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:9acfd2e8-53dd-4679-a63a-a81e60ab788fPost:2fe22749-e0f2-427b-a989-fd514b587168">Re: Puppies and Rainbows</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I legitmately think of several of the girls on here as real-life friends, even though I haven't meet them in person.</strong>  (I'm probably meeting Schiano in June, though, and I am so stoked!  Also, Jester, we should hang sometime.) I love that we can vehemently disagree with one another, then still turn around support each other when it's needed.  I love that you girls give me a place to vent when bad things happen and "squeee" when good things happen.  I love that so many of you like Harry Potter.  I love the senses of humor everyone has.  I love stealing ideas from planning bios.  I love the fashion advice and "dress me" threads.  I love seeing everyone's furbabies. I just love it here.
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree with you more on this point.

Some of the girls here are closer to me and know more about me than my IRL friends do. We talk about EVERYTHING from food to sex to furbabies to clothes. I can come here if I'm having a good day or a bad day and know that I am going to feel much better after leaving here.

It's so hard to explain things to people who don't know about NEY or who are outsides. My mom can't seem to figure out why all of a sudden I have so many friends from around the world.

I also love how everyone around here has a different personality. We can all agree, disagree, swoon, and it is because there are so many different people combining. I also have to admit I love the drama sometimes. Sometimes it gets annoying, but I also love to indulge.

Basically I have been here for almost a year and I would not take that time back. I love coming here everyday. I love sharing everything with you ladies (well not EVERYTHING) I feel comfort here and hop to stick around as long as I can.
    friends tv show funy
  • ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I am here because I love message board communities.  I found this board in my wedding craze and it helped me realize I needed to stop.  I actually use the board as myself checker.  If I am mad at BF or something I think, WWTKS? (what would the knot say)  Generally it is something like get over yourself and majors flames, so I get over it and move on.  Probably why I never post anything.  lol.  I like how supportive everyone is.  I was really touched by the people who posted sympathies with me when my best friend dumped me.  I was so depressed but the fact that people cared was an amazing concept for me. :)<3  I wish sometimes I was more involved but I usually lurk on the outer posts of the board.  Maybe someday I will be, but I really love you guys.  You are all so beautiful and smart and funny that I love hanging out with you guys.
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Wrkn925Wrkn925 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I refer to things that have been discussed on here or people here IRL.  I don't tell that it happened on the 'interwebz'.

Loves you all.

muAH.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Beads921Beads921 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wound up here because I caught a case of wedding fever quite some time ago, at which time I started lurking. I joined because I liked the atmosphere on this board, and I stick around because I love you ladies. I love the diversity of experiences and advice that can be found. I don't have a group of close girlfriends IRL (just a few random girls from all over the place, and then a group of guyfriends), so I like the female group aspect. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • CASK85CASK85 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_puppies-rainbows-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:9acfd2e8-53dd-4679-a63a-a81e60ab788fPost:2fe22749-e0f2-427b-a989-fd514b587168">Re: Puppies and Rainbows</a>:
    [QUOTE]I legitmately think of several of the girls on here as real-life friends, even though I haven't meet them in person.  (<strong>I'm probably meeting Schiano in June, though, and I am so stoked!</strong>  Also, Jester, we should hang sometime.) I love that we can vehemently disagree with one another, then still turn around support each other when it's needed.  I love that you girls give me a place to vent when bad things happen and "squeee" when good things happen.  I love that so many of you like Harry Potter.  I love the senses of humor everyone has.  I love stealing ideas from planning bios.  I love the fashion advice and "dress me" threads.  I love seeing everyone's furbabies. I just love it here.
    Make that a definite and I'll be happy. lol<div>
    </div><div>I think of a lot of these ladies as confidants and friends. I even had a dream about meeting MotoLyn. It was awesome.</div><div>
    </div><div>I came when I was BSC, lurked and learned how crazy I was watching other girls get flamed. (ETA: I smartened up and started enjoying my relationship and stopped wishing for "the ring") Then I started posting and got sucked in. I like being part of this community. <3 </div>
  • Hazel_BHazel_B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I came here because I was learning about weddings while being a MOH.

I've stuck around because I don't really have many local girlfriends. It's nice to get that objective female perspective again. I am always amazed at how diverse things are around here and how somehow everything works.

Love you lots!
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_puppies-rainbows-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:9acfd2e8-53dd-4679-a63a-a81e60ab788fPost:43bc0700-c89b-48f4-9fbf-82ddab809817">Re: Puppies and Rainbows</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Puppies and Rainbows : <strong> Make that a definite and I'll be happy.</strong> lol I think of a lot of these ladies as confidants and friends. I even had a dream about meeting MotoLyn. It was awesome. I came when I was BSC, lurked and learned how crazy I was watching other girls get flamed. (ETA: I smartened up and started enjoying my relationship and stopped wishing for "the ring") Then I started posting and got sucked in. I like being part of this community. <3 
    Posted by cschiano[/QUOTE]

I'm afraid that saying "definitely" will jinx it.
  • csousa1csousa1 member
    edited December 2011
    I'm pretty new but I LOVE it here, and I think you are all truly amazing. And I can say that because I lurked on a lot of boards here and honest to goodness, this is the coolest bunch of ladies TK has to offer. Just the way you all know each other and care about each other and the way everyone talks, I love it. I tell my sister about it every day when I come home from work - "So today, on TK..."  It has gotten to the point where she asks what the TK ladies had to say today. I love having a place I can say just how I feel and it will really be heard (well, read) and I am appreciated for my input. Besides all that, you are all hilarious, and I need that dose of hilarity during my stressful days. I hope to become better acquainted with you ladies and I intend to stick around for quite a while :)

Warm fuzzies, warm fuzzies!!!
  • marleylikeairmarleylikeair member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aw, I love that kitty, Peek. :)

I'm here for so many reasons! Basically, there are so many wise, funny women on here with such a wide range of experiences, and like Elle said, we can disagree, but we're still there for one another through good and bad.

I'm very grateful I know you gals. ::GROUP HUG!::
  • sparkles88sparkles88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's one of my favorite LOLcats, Peekaboo!

I'm here because this is the biggest mac & cheese support group that I know of!

Joking aside, I think this board is a pretty funny place, and it helps my work day go a lot faster. I also like the wide variety of opinions and experiences that posters on this board have to offer to one another.

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_puppies-rainbows-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:9acfd2e8-53dd-4679-a63a-a81e60ab788fPost:2fe22749-e0f2-427b-a989-fd514b587168">Re: Puppies and Rainbows</a>:
    [QUOTE]I legitmately think of several of the girls on here as real-life friends, even though I haven't meet them in person.  (I'm probably meeting Schiano in June, though, and I am so stoked!  <strong>Also, Jester, we should hang sometime.</strong>) I love that we can vehemently disagree with one another, then still turn around support each other when it's needed.  I love that you girls give me a place to vent when bad things happen and "squeee" when good things happen.  I love that so many of you like Harry Potter.  I love the senses of humor everyone has.  I love stealing ideas from planning bios.  I love the fashion advice and "dress me" threads.  I love seeing everyone's furbabies. I just love it here.

Um, yes. This needs to happen. :)

I agree with basically everything all of you have said so far. I don't post that often but I like being able to come here and read what's going on with you girls and also knowing that if I need to vent or AW or ANYTHING you girls are here for me. 

We should totally have a NEY vacation and meet somewhere one day! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_puppies-rainbows-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:9acfd2e8-53dd-4679-a63a-a81e60ab788fPost:52b21a4b-2b41-4a37-8576-a7a5f00b9e7c">Re: Puppies and Rainbows</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Puppies and Rainbows : Um, yes. This needs to happen. :) I agree with basically everything all of you have said so far. I don't post that often but I like being able to come here and read what's going on with you girls and also knowing that if I need to vent or AW or ANYTHING you girls are here for me.  We should totally have a NEY vacation and meet somewhere one day! :)
    Posted by AJesteram[/QUOTE]

What's your schedule like?  Maybe a dog-park play date someday soon?  My dog is tiny, but he doesn't know it.
  • edited December 2011
    I used to lurk a lot. I didn't really want to post at first because it seemed like there was always drama surrounding the new posters...and I'm very anti-drama. 

I have very few girlfriends IRL. My sister is my best friend and seeing as she's moving away this month...I'll probably be spending a lot more time on this board.

I also like that people never really leave NEY. People who are married with kids still come back and post. Its not really the same as most of the other boards seem to be.

It makes me wonder how often I'll wish to come back to this point in my life..when I have so much ahead of me and very little to worry about above my Organic Chemistry grade. 

There are also the funnies, harry potter lovers, pug fans, canadians, and mac n cheese aficionados. (if I missed something...i'll edit)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_puppies-rainbows-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:9acfd2e8-53dd-4679-a63a-a81e60ab788fPost:1823f55d-74c3-4d84-9484-f7145de64fe4">Re: Puppies and Rainbows</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Puppies and Rainbows : What's your schedule like?  Maybe a dog-park play date someday soon?  My dog is tiny, but he doesn't know it.

Well currently I'm car-less because my radiator went out. Boo. We're hoping to get it fixed this weekend though because BF and I are tired of sharing one car, it's such a pain.

Other than that, I'm normally off from work on Fridays and work super early on Saturdays. Soooo maybe one of those days? Maia hasn't gone to the dog park in forever and would go crazy, she loves it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I blame the OG for making me stay at first.

And now I blame you all (the whole board) for not letting me peace out.

For serous though - I'm really close with some of you.  And I FEEL really close with others...even though we've never talked aside from here.  Basically every time I come here I feel love.  I love that we can argue and disagree but still have fun.  No word of a lie I sometimes mention certain ladies IRL.  Bascially it's a whole love fest.

And you think I'm funny.  Which makes me happy.

I'm funny, right? Right?! VALIDATE ME!! (I keed, I keed...maybe...)

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • MLekathLEENMLekathLEEN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Paige- bahahahahaaa! ;) Basically everything everyone else said, I love having You girls to talk to and share some awesome milestones with. I know that I will always get honest opinions and you girls will keep me in check if need be.
  • edited December 2011
    :) I love NEY.

I refer to you all as my 'friends' in real life. And I think of many of you as friends, not just internet strangers.  LIke yesterday, FI was talking about the tornadoes that happened. I mentioned that one of my friends was in the tornado hit area and told him about the amount of time that there wont be power. He asked, "Which friend?" And I said, "Oh, Sunbird."

I love it here.
    When you love someone, you can tell. When you're in love with someone, everyone else can tell.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm still here because IRL I have few lifelong girlfriends in the city I live in, and I get lonely for female friends. I'm sick of acquaintance female drama and have removed myself from those like that IRL. Even though I haven't been around long, I can tell ya'll are amazing. Thank you for the love and support so far. 

I'm here to share, to bond, to laugh and to cry with everyone. I can't wait for what will be happening this year IRL, and I can't wait to share it with you all.
    www.nurseyk.weebly.com
  • edited December 2011
    I originally joined because I had wedding fever.  Poking around NEY had me come to my senses and I eventually introduced myself.  I love how we have a huge spectrum of personalities, and tho there tends to be drama from time to time we all end up acting like guys and just sloughing it off.

The support, advice, friendship, and silly release from everyday school and work is fantastic.  You girls are awesome!!!!

Peek, your lolcat pic reminds me of the time I heart-attacked BFs car for our two year dating anniv. 

• heyimbrenheyimbren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    *threadjack* Amsybot, where are you going in Peru??

I stick around here to keep all you crazy people in line.
  • luvdncn90luvdncn90 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_puppies-rainbows-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:9acfd2e8-53dd-4679-a63a-a81e60ab788fPost:caa06f4a-50fa-493c-8e36-85897dad2dac">Re: Puppies and Rainbows</a>:
    [QUOTE]I originally joined because I had wedding fever.  Poking around NEY had me come to my senses and I eventually introduced myself.  I love how we have a huge spectrum of personalities, and tho there tends to be drama from time to time we all end up acting like guys and just sloughing it off. The support, advice, friendship, and silly release from everyday school and work is fantastic.  You girls are awesome!!!! Peek, your lolcat pic reminds me of the time I heart-attacked BFs car for our two year dating anniv. 
    Posted by amsybot[/QUOTE]

Amy you and I came and have stayed for the exact same reasons.

This board has made me laugh, feel better, knocked some sense into me, and occasionally made me sad and upset. But I love this board and I feel so comfortable here with all of you girls. Everyone has good advice and good input and everyone is so welcoming and I have never felt like I was a newb or like I didn't belong.

I'm sad I came to this thread late.

"Did we just become best friends?"

YEP!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Sorry I got to this thread late!

I first lurked here...because I was feeling a little BSC about my relationship.  Think:  ZOMG, WHEN'S HE GUNNA PROPOSE!?  I started posting regularly once FI bought the ring.

I stay because we all have history together.  NEY has seen me through ZOMG WHEN'S HE GUNNA PROPOSE, my engagement, starting law school, the insanity that is 1L, starting medication, family dramaz, and everything in between.  I like that we can disagree and still have respect for each other.

I know that I'm sort of a polarizing poster: either you love me or you hate me.  But I like to point out the less than popular POV on things, because I know people will get love and fuzzy bunnies from other posters.  I guess I'm just more of a pessimist.  But I like that I can be treated with respect and love from you guys.

Oh, and I like you.  And you make me laugh.
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_puppies-rainbows-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:9acfd2e8-53dd-4679-a63a-a81e60ab788fPost:8f0d7128-3383-4e09-872e-602adfeea2ec">Re: Puppies and Rainbows</a>:

THANK YOU, Ekath! LOL

[QUOTE] I stick around here to keep all you crazy people in line.
    Posted by heyimbren[/QUOTE]

Someone needs to do it;)

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • edited December 2011
    I came to the knot trying to help my roomate plan her wedding.   She was driving me nuts asking me things because I had been married before so I must know about weddings.   Yeah sure, I planned my in 3 weeks and had no clue what I was doing and that was almost 20 years ago.   So I sought out answers to her questions.

Well between her and planning her wedding and the way my boyfriend keeps sending mixed signals I felt like I was going crazy with wedding fever.   So coming here to NYE helped keep me sane.  

I lurk a lot and post when I am going esp crazy.   It didn't help my room mate was a huge preplanner.   Her and her FI said they were not engaged but she had the dress (she got that a week after he said he wanted to marry her), they booked a venue, etc.   So she didn't get why I didn't want to start planning my wedding that might never happen.   I mean she even asked me to pick a color, and was she going to be my MOH at a point when I doubted that BF would ever propose. 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_puppies-rainbows-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:9acfd2e8-53dd-4679-a63a-a81e60ab788fPost:8f0d7128-3383-4e09-872e-602adfeea2ec">Re: Puppies and Rainbows</a>:
    [QUOTE]*threadjack* Amsybot, where are you going in Peru?? I stick around here to keep all you crazy people in line.

I am going to Puerto Maldonado (sp? I should know this) for 10 days to do a LOT of insect trapping, both night and day.  We are then going to Lima for two days to be tourists and the Cusco/Machu Pichu for about three days to be tourists and possibly collect.  I'm excited and freaked out at the same time.  I got all my shots, anti-malarials, and antibiotics for potential intestinal problems.  I am hoping to not get sick, bitten by a snake, or infected with a botfly.
  • heyimbrenheyimbren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_puppies-rainbows-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:9acfd2e8-53dd-4679-a63a-a81e60ab788fPost:0aca8824-14e3-4bdd-aedb-bc7b78493e96">Re: Puppies and Rainbows</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Puppies and Rainbows : I am going to Puerto Maldonado (sp? I should know this) for 10 days to do a LOT of insect trapping, both night and day.  We are then going to Lima for two days to be tourists and the Cusco/Machu Pichu for about three days to be tourists and possibly collect.  I'm excited and freaked out at the same time.  I got all my shots, anti-malarials, and antibiotics for potential intestinal problems.  I am hoping to not get sick, bitten by a snake, or infected with a botfly.
    Posted by amsybot[/QUOTE]

I was in the Sacred Valley when I went in February. And we were in Lima for a bit too. We were in Urubamba and went to Machu Picchu. I was worried about insects, and I did use an insect repellant lotion, but I really had no problems. I didn't end up sick at all (although a couple people did). I was worried about the altitude change, but it didn't seem that bad. It was my favourite trip though! I'm sure you'll love it. Peru is just beautiful.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_puppies-rainbows-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:9acfd2e8-53dd-4679-a63a-a81e60ab788fPost:3351be45-44ec-4388-b7eb-e1326f09b0d2">Re: Puppies and Rainbows</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Puppies and Rainbows : I was in the Sacred Valley when I went in February. And we were in Lima for a bit too. We were in Urubamba and went to Machu Picchu. I was worried about insects, and I did use an insect repellant lotion, but I really had no problems. I didn't end up sick at all (although a couple people did). I was worried about the altitude change, but it didn't seem that bad. It was my favourite trip though! I'm sure you'll love it. Peru is just beautiful.

I'm glad to hear that you loved Peru! I am so excited to see the jungle! I have lived in desert my whole life and the only forests I have seen have been full of cacti.  It will be an awesome experience. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards