Chit Chat

A little help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My colors are persimmon, cream and gold and I can't decide on how to put thos into my invitations or flowers or reception!! are these good colors or do I need to change them up a little? any and all opinions welcome!!!

Re: A little help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• achiduckachiduck member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited April 2012
    What about using a persimmion backround with cream font and your names highlighted using the gold colour?
    Anniversary
  • Cream cardstock.  Persimmon font.  Names in gold.  You're welcome.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_a-little-help-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:7135dd92-92e2-4f7f-bc17-288c55301df9Post:0a5f1361-0541-4527-9e63-c8771e69c968">A little help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]My colors are persimmon, cream and gold and I can't decide on how to put thos into my invitations or flowers or reception!! are these good colors or do I need to change them up a little? any and all opinions welcome!!!
    Posted by latoyagary[/QUOTE]
    Why did you pick colors if you didn't have a vision of how they would look at your wedding/reception?  What sort of wedding are you having (ie beach, formal, backyard, church, non-traditional).  Reason asking is that I had am having a non-traditional wedding in a movie theater so invites that were my wedding colors would have seemed odd, so I did something more laid back.  Where as if you are getting married in a more formal setting using your colors for the invites might be prefect (I would do cream background and a persimmon boarder, you could even put some gold lettering on them if you wanted.). 

Have you looked at what persimmon colored flowers are available?  For white you could always have white roses accenting them, or baby's breath, I love baby's breath. 

Again for decoration ideas I think it depends on what sort of reception you are going for.  Is it a formal black tie affair, or is it a more laid back reception like a beach side or back yard bbq?  Your answer would really affect the sort of ideas people would give you as formal decorations might look weird if you are doing a more informal wedding.
    PersonalMilestone Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • Steph nailed what I was thinking for the invites.

Persimmon will give you some options for flowers - reds, oranges, creams all together would be pretty. Do some gold toned vases or candlesticks, maybe a gold napkin, gold chiavari chairs? 

But for what it's worth - you don't need "wedding colors" to be splashed all over. Keep it neutral with pops of persimmon and you'll be set.
  • the !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! is making my head spin!!!!!!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_a-little-help-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:7135dd92-92e2-4f7f-bc17-288c55301df9Post:59f68f4e-f943-4c5b-a8d9-cb44d9561236">Re: A little help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: A little help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : I know.  I opened this thread expecting to see some horrific, godawful, unspeakable drama. <strong>And I can't quite picture what shade would be persimmon but am too lazy to go find out. </strong>Whatever happened to colors like red, blue and yellow? Why must we talk in terms of persimmon, horizon and saffron? We're the embodiment of every ridiculous bridal cliche.
    Posted by LucyHC[/QUOTE]
    This is me exactly. What the hell color is persimmon??
    Due 10/21/13 with our first baby BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks  for all your suggestions! they are helpful!In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_a-little-help-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:7135dd92-92e2-4f7f-bc17-288c55301df9Post:d7347d56-4c07-4fb4-b0fd-d2661fce5302">Re: A little help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to A little help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : Why did you pick colors if you didn't have a vision of how they would look at your wedding/reception?  What sort of wedding are you having (ie beach, formal, backyard, church, non-traditional).  Reason asking is that I had am having a non-traditional wedding in a movie theater so invites that were my wedding colors would have seemed odd, so I did something more laid back.  Where as if you are getting married in a more formal setting using your colors for the invites might be prefect (I would do cream background and a persimmon boarder, you could even put some gold lettering on them if you wanted.).  Have you looked at what persimmon colored flowers are available?  For white you could always have white roses accenting them, or baby's breath, I love baby's breath.  Again for decoration ideas I think it depends on what sort of reception you are going for.  Is it a formal black tie affair, or is it a more laid back reception like a beach side or back yard bbq?  Your answer would really affect the sort of ideas people would give you as formal decorations might look weird if you are doing a more informal wedding.
    Posted by ChristineNB[/QUOTE]
  • Thanks! I love this idea!!!In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_a-little-help-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:7135dd92-92e2-4f7f-bc17-288c55301df9Post:7aca5fa6-1b4c-445a-bd2f-34586e42f963">Re: A little help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Steph nailed what I was thinking for the invites. Persimmon will give you some options for flowers - reds, oranges, creams all together would be pretty. Do some gold toned vases or candlesticks, maybe a gold napkin, gold chiavari chairs?  But for what it's worth - you don't need "wedding colors" to be splashed all over. Keep it neutral with pops of persimmon and you'll be set.
    Posted by LeiselEB[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards