Not Engaged Yet

Re: I had to share this is total BSC

• CASK85CASK85 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    haha - love it! 

On a related note, I did ask my FI not to have strippers in our home for his b-party. But that was the extent of my "rules." Oh and to not break any bones or his face.
  • ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

Wow.  The not going out of town was a bit much.  I can understand the no stripper things but wow.  I will be hurt if you go out of town.  That just says controling.

"Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Wow. What a control freak! I don't get the whole trip thing...if she wants to go on a trip then why doesn't she go? I don't get why no one else can just just because she doesn't. She sounds loony.

BF's friend who got married in June had the lamest bachelor party ever! His fiancée (I guess wife now) put quite a few restrictions on his party too. I told BF I don't care what he does at his bachelor party, strippers, vegas, do whatever the hell you want, I trust him he isn't into partying so I don't see the point in telling him what he can and can't do.

• edited December 2011
    hahahaha... What a nut job!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • sparkles88sparkles88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If "Johnny's" favorite designer of dinnerware is Kate Spade, I think the bride has more problems than what they're doing for the party.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_share-this-total-bsc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7c9654ea-1c24-4fac-bb90-9234bfb77545Post:b2cb4f8e-7072-4a95-9aad-5a5a8b301bf6">Re: I had to share this is total BSC</a>:
    [QUOTE]If "Johnny's" favorite designer of dinnerware is Kate Spade, I think the bride has more problems than what they're doing for the party.
    Posted by sparkles88[/QUOTE]
     So true!

Anniversary

• motoLynmotoLyn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Hahah that killed me.  Seriously the grooms men had to be tactful in their reply.  I told FI and his bestman I don't care what you do, as long the pecker didn't make an appearance, he can't me missing teeth and bring him back un sunburned. 
  • elanniselannis member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh my! I really don't understand why the idea of him traveling offends her. She sounds like she might just go and find out where they are and watch to make sure they follow her rules.
    -Ely

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Ow....brain hurting. Is this girl serious? Talk about paranoia and control issues!

I told FI whatever he wants to do at his bachelor party is fine by me - it's none of my business what he does, just like it's none of his business what I do at my bachelorette party (I'd really love to do a burlesque dance class but not all of my bridesmaids are comfortable with that idea, so...time to find something else!). I don't even care if there are strippers, because I trust him not to do anything stupid.

image 170 Invited (holy crap!)

image 98 are coming to party!

image 29 have other plans

image 43 need to respond!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

"Bside - You're just too sexy for your own good" ~ leia1979

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg
  • Simply FatedSimply Fated member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Is that the new protocol? If you can't attend the wedding, then you probably feel guilty about it. The more guilty you feel, the more you should spend on the gift.
    Good to know.

I love how she offers to drop off the "boobie cake." is it just me or is she hoping to be able to use the opportunity to check up on him? I mean, she could easily have it delivered or hand it off to one of the groomsmen beforehand.

• bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_share-this-total-bsc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7c9654ea-1c24-4fac-bb90-9234bfb77545Post:7cceb6ed-14f4-4201-ab88-a5403d4e7d92">Re: I had to share this is total BSC</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is that the new protocol? If you can't attend the wedding, then you probably feel guilty about it. The more guilty you feel, the more you should spend on the gift. Good to know. I love how she offers to drop off the "boobie cake." is it just me or is <strong>she hoping to be able to use the opportunity to check up on him?</strong> I mean, she could easily have it delivered or hand it off to one of the groomsmen beforehand.
    Posted by Simply Fated[/QUOTE]

Totally. She'll probably text and call him all night too

edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_share-this-total-bsc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:7c9654ea-1c24-4fac-bb90-9234bfb77545Post:7cceb6ed-14f4-4201-ab88-a5403d4e7d92">Re: I had to share this is total BSC</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is that the new protocol? If you can't attend the wedding, then you probably feel guilty about it. The more guilty you feel, the more you should spend on the gift. Good to know. I love how she offers to drop off the "boobie cake." is it just me or is she hoping to be able to use the opportunity to check up on him? I mean, she could easily have it delivered or hand it off to one of the groomsmen beforehand.

<p style="margin:0in 0in 10pt;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="line-height:115%;font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';color:#1f1f1f;font-size:8.5pt;">I know this is totally unrelated but every time I see your name on the side under most recently active it always says Simply Fat.  I am always thrown off by that.  Lol.  I have wanted to tell you forever.  I really like your id name through </span></p>.
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    edited December 2011
    Bitches be crazy.  That's all I have to say on the subject.
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_share-this-total-bsc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7c9654ea-1c24-4fac-bb90-9234bfb77545Post:dd9d8472-4d5a-4739-8bfc-77b024bd9f20">Re: I had to share this is total BSC</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I had to share this is total BSC : I know this is totally unrelated but every time I see your name on the side under most recently active it always says Simply Fat.  I am always thrown off by that.  Lol.  I have wanted to tell you forever.  I really like your id name through .
    Posted by ravenray[/QUOTE]
    lol thank you! I got it from one of my favorite <a href="http://youtu.be/TmZ6sQFg74I" target="_blank">Bob Dylan</a> songs. :)
    Had I left out the space, it would be be SimplyFate. I'd have been happier, but oh well lol.
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_share-this-total-bsc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:7c9654ea-1c24-4fac-bb90-9234bfb77545Post:e5f2ea5d-1a35-4548-8995-ea2d5cdf03dc">Re: I had to share this is total BSC</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I had to share this is total BSC : lol thank you! I got it from one of my favorite Bob Dylan songs. :) Had I left out the space, it would be be SimplyFate. I'd have been happier, but oh well lol.

It is okay, it makes me laugh a little every time I see it :)

Married! May 27th, 2012

• desertsundesertsun member
    edited December 2011
    She couldn't tell any of this to Johnny b/c it's a surprise bachelor party and a surprise ice rink wedding.

True story.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• cu97tigercu97tiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_share-this-total-bsc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7c9654ea-1c24-4fac-bb90-9234bfb77545Post:e54615d0-09de-45fb-8437-ee685fafbb0e">Re: I had to share this is total BSC</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Bitches be crazy</strong>.  That's all I have to say on the subject.
    Posted by peekaboo2011[/QUOTE]

<div>This. FI was married once before, and his bachelor party was insane. He told me some of the stories, and he was just as grossed out as I was. From those conversations, I have no qualms about his b-party... </div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_share-this-total-bsc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:7c9654ea-1c24-4fac-bb90-9234bfb77545Post:1fb7a098-4542-4bba-8e0e-a76bdaa29959">Re: I had to share this is total BSC</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I had to share this is total BSC : This. FI was married once before, and his bachelor party was insane. He told me some of the stories, and he was just as grossed out as I was. From those conversations, I have no qualms about his b-party... 
    Posted by cu97tiger[/QUOTE]

Tell us these stories?

Married! May 27th, 2012

• leia1979leia1979 member
    edited December 2011
    I almost wonder if Johnny never wants to go anywhere with this girl, and that's why she's jealous of them going out of town. And if that's the case, they ought to rethink the whole marriage thing.

At any rate, that was freaking hilarious. For FI's b-party, all I want to know is when I should expect him home (e.g. tonight, tomorrow, or sometime next week).

ETA: Do guys get booby cakes? I wouldn't think so.

• SKP82SKP82 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_share-this-total-bsc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:7c9654ea-1c24-4fac-bb90-9234bfb77545Post:7ca18979-64ae-45a7-87df-b268fc236a7a">Re: I had to share this is total BSC</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Wow. What a control freak!</strong>I don't get the whole trip thing...if she wants to go on a trip then why doesn't she go? I don't get why no one else can just just because she doesn't. She sounds loony. BF's friend who got married in June had the lamest bachelor party ever! His fiancée (I guess wife now) put quite a few restrictions on his party too. I told BF I don't care what he does at his bachelor party, strippers, vegas, do whatever the hell you want, <strong>I trust him</strong> he isn't into partying so I don't see the point in telling him what he can and can't do.
    Posted by bethsmiles[/QUOTE]

Yes, that chick is a TOTAL control freak.  Who emails the best man giving guide lines for the bachelor party??  If she trusted him, she wouldn't feel the need to do that.

Last weekend FI told me one of his friends called to congratulate him on the engagement and asked him when the b-party would be.  He told me he was shocked because he hadn't even THOUGHT about that.  :)  I found it cute.

My FI doesn't get to see his good friends enough (they're all over the country), so when they all get together for his b-party, I expect them to have a raving good time.  I don't need to tell him not to sleep with hookers.  If I felt the need to tell him that, I wouldn't be marrying him.
    IMG_6364
    "Life is not orderly. No matter how we try to make life so, right in the middle of it we die, lose a leg, fall in love, drop a jar of applesauce." - Natalie Goldberg
  • chaysefaithchaysefaith member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    One of BFs friends girlfriends says that if there are strippers involved in her BFs bachelor party she won't think twice about not marrying him...WHAT??  Who says that??  She's crazy though.  One of their other friends got married and she FB messaged my BF to let him know that her man would only be able to make to the in town bar portion of their b-party, because he wasn't allowed to go to the strip club...this girl is total BSC, she whines to my BF that he and I will probably get married before her and her man which is "totally not fair" because they have been together longer.  Crazy biotch.  I bet she was the one that sent that email, it sounds just like her.
  • edited December 2011
    Once I got to the "I'll drop off a boobie cake" I burst out laughing.  This girl sounds special.  Maybe they should just invite her so that way she knows everything will go the way she wants, and then she also gets to go on the trip! 
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • WildMageletWildMagelet member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited December 2011
    Wow.  I'm all for cschiano's "no strippers in our house" rule, but I'd probably just amend that to "get out of the house and go have fun somewhere else".  1) Not a huge fan of the idea of strangers possibly-trashing our house, 2) he works a ton of hours and we don't get out nearly as often as we used to so it would be good for him.  Mostly #2.

The travelling thing?  Well, if it wasn't bad-form to plan your own B-party, I'd probably want to hop on a plane and go somewhere like WWoHP for the weekend, so I'm all for travelling.  Just because that's something me and my gfs love (that my FH and FSKs don't) and it would be a good excuse to go have a girls weekend.  Oh well - we can just plan that vacay separately and not call it a b-party and it'll be good anyways :)
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
    edited December 2011
    Why do people assume the no stripper rule means that you are crazy?   That always really bothers me. :/
    I am not defending this women, she is totally crazy and controlling but I can't understand why not wanting strippers at your FI's B-party is bad.  Can someone explain that too me?

Married! May 27th, 2012

• CASK85CASK85 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_share-this-total-bsc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7c9654ea-1c24-4fac-bb90-9234bfb77545Post:6c9d57be-a122-49b1-af2b-5121212a662a">Re: I had to share this is total BSC</a>:
    [QUOTE]Why do people assume the no stripper rule means that you are crazy?   That always really bothers me. :/ I am not defending this women, she is totally crazy and controlling but I can't understand why not wanting strippers at your FI's B-party is bad.  Can someone explain that too me?
    Posted by ravenray[/QUOTE]
    I think it is fair to not want them, but to demand it seems controlling to me.
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_share-this-total-bsc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:7c9654ea-1c24-4fac-bb90-9234bfb77545Post:c79a4f7c-9d90-41a5-bbe7-27c6ef01f5db">Re: I had to share this is total BSC</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I had to share this is total BSC : I think it is fair to not want them, but to demand it seems controlling to me.
    Posted by cschiano[/QUOTE]

I can see that. 

Married! May 27th, 2012

edited December 2011
    @ ravenray
    It was more of the way she basically dictated to the groomsmen what she was going to allow them to do and not do.
    If I ever sent an e-mail to any of my boyfriend's friends or brother... you bet your ass the first thing they would do is organize a trip straight to the strip club. The really skeevy, completely topless club with the dark room in the back for the "VIPs."
    She needs to have that conversation with her fiance and trust that her fiance will stand up for himself if his groomsmen tries to take him to one.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards