Snarky Brides
Options

Designer drugs

Your thoughts?

Around here there are lots of stories in the media about synthetic marijuana - about people actually going to the hospital and needing to be revived or treated after using it.  My take is that well, shiit, if you want to smoke pot, why don't you smoke real pot instead of fake pot.  I don't think I've ever heard of someone dying from smoking real weed.

What do you think?  Do you hear about synthetic marijuana or other designer drugs where you live?
panther

Re: Designer drugs

• Options
    It just became illegal in Fargo recently.  I just don't understand how it can be legal in some places if people can actually die from using it.  It's weird to me.
    panther
  • Options

I have seen it in the news but thats it. I don't think its legal around here... I dont smoke it so I honestly don't pay attention..

But I agree I have never known anyone that died from smoking pot... done something stupid .. yes.... die... no

Photobucket We're Married!!!!
  • Options
    It's legal here because apparently whoever wrote the legislation banning it was a complete moron and banned only one chemical formula for it. Of course they found a new chemical formula to synthesize THC, like, the next day. I've smoked the fake stuff and it's pretty close to the real stuff and it didn't adversely affect me in any way. And the reason people do it is because it doesn't show up on a drug test. So that's why you'd smoke fake as opposed to real: avoiding losing a job or something if you get randomly drug tested.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_designer-drugs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:781db36f-db03-496a-a7f9-3815c580d23aPost:193664bd-be5f-46ec-9361-35a69f29c846">Re: Designer drugs</a>:
    [QUOTE]It just became illegal in Fargo recently.  I just don't understand how it can be legal in some places if people can actually die from using it.  It's weird to me.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I wish it was illegal here too.  But I'm all for legalizing marijuana.  Even though I've never smoked it.

And oh yeah, the not showing up on a drug test thing is another "good" reason.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    I have a friend who plans to try salvia (I don't know if it's the same as K2 or not.)  Basically it's got a similar effect but much shorter, at least according to wikipedia.
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_designer-drugs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:781db36f-db03-496a-a7f9-3815c580d23aPost:615f337b-15aa-42da-849e-36cd61c24046">Re: Designer drugs</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have a friend who plans to try salvia (I don't know if it's the same as K2 or not.)  Basically it's got a similar effect but much shorter, at least according to wikipedia.
    Posted by Night_Sprite[/QUOTE]
    It's not anything like salvia. I haven't done salvia, but I have a friend who did and he said it was like the most intense acid trip (another thing I've never experienced) condensed into like 10 minutes. He said it was terrifying.
  • Options
    Oh I see LC - I didn't know about it not showing up on a drug test.  So I suppose that makes sense. 

I'm all for legalizing pot, too.  Seriously.  Legalize it and tax the shiit out of it.
    panther
  • Options
    What is K2? My immediate thought is ketamine or whatever?

I'm a terrible teenager. 
  • Options
    Also, it's news to me that people have gone to the ER over the fake stuff. I haven't heard that.
  • Options
    Yeah a close friend of mine has tried salvia as well and she said it was the most ridiculous shiit she's ever tried.
    panther
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_designer-drugs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:781db36f-db03-496a-a7f9-3815c580d23aPost:d4002454-eeac-4936-8165-7131b37d138d">Re: Designer drugs</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh I see LC - I didn't know about it not showing up on a drug test.  So I suppose that makes sense.  I'm all for legalizing pot, too.  Seriously.  Legalize it and tax the shiit out of it.

Agreed!
    Photobucket We're Married!!!!
  • Options
    I say legalize it all and tax it like they do cigarettes.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_designer-drugs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:781db36f-db03-496a-a7f9-3815c580d23aPost:54b2796e-ce4b-4181-96e0-16f4751cb40c">Re: Designer drugs</a>:
    [QUOTE]What is K2? My immediate thought is ketamine or whatever? I'm a terrible teenager. 
    Posted by Anysunrise[/QUOTE]

Synthetic THC.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_designer-drugs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:781db36f-db03-496a-a7f9-3815c580d23aPost:41dd40ec-855a-4244-a757-6d4f0fa9819d">Re: Designer drugs</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Designer drugs : Synthetic THC.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

<div>Oooh. I didn't make the connection. I smoked pot a couple times in 10th grade, and coughed bong water all over my friend...twice. That's the extent of my drug related experiences.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_designer-drugs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:781db36f-db03-496a-a7f9-3815c580d23aPost:7c95c69d-17cc-4914-b709-447fc4f54443">Re: Designer drugs</a>:
    [QUOTE]I say legalize it all and tax it like they do cigarettes.
    Posted by ricksang[/QUOTE]
    This would also allow for it to be regulated for content.  Who knows, maybe they'd add nicotine to grow that physical addiction.
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • Options
    Ha, I read the title of this thread and thought it was going to be about prescription drugs that are tailored to people based on their specific genetic makeup.  I was WAY off (that's the scientist in me).

Oh . . . and I agree with PP, legalize it so you can tax it.  Tax the growers, tax the distributors, and tax the consumers.  Helps our sad economy and our overcrowded prison problem - two birds, one stone.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Puppy Love
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_designer-drugs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:781db36f-db03-496a-a7f9-3815c580d23aPost:137b08f5-f3df-4dee-b9b8-aca17d0046f4">Re: Designer drugs</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Designer drugs : This would also allow for it to be regulated for content.  Who knows, maybe they'd add nicotine to grow that physical addiction.

I'm weird.  I'd love it to be legal, and I'm even okay with the content being regulated... but I'd be mad pissed if nicotine was added.
    panther
  • Options
    I didn't realize Salvia was a hallucinogen.  In this situation, it actually is a friend instead of "my friend".  I might tell him that stuff is ridiculous.
    my read shelf:
  • Options
    It would be terrible if they laced it with nicotine. I sincerely hope that would be illegal. Nicotine and THC are two entirely different animals in terms of health risk. I'm not saying it's impossible, but I do think it's uncommon that one suffers from smoking related diseases if he only smokes marijuana. Most people don't smoke joints like they smoke cigarettes, so people who only smoke marijuana more than likely ingest far less smoke than a cigarette smoker. I have zero sources to cite on this, I'm just thinking logically.
  • Options
    I watched a documentary on pot, that I think said something about how pot does little to no damage to the lung tissue, but tobacco does.  The documentary was called the Union.
    my read shelf:
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_designer-drugs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:781db36f-db03-496a-a7f9-3815c580d23aPost:93c16ca8-c70d-42a5-b723-6a7dee232635">Re: Designer drugs</a>:
    [QUOTE]It would be terrible if they laced it with nicotine. I sincerely hope that would be illegal. Nicotine and THC are two entirely different animals in terms of health risk. I'm not saying it's impossible, but I do think it's uncommon that one suffers from smoking related diseases if he only smokes marijuana. Most people don't smoke joints like they smoke cigarettes, so people who only smoke marijuana more than likely ingest far less smoke than a cigarette smoker. I have zero sources to cite on this, I'm just thinking logically.
    Posted by laurenclaire1386[/QUOTE]

Yeah I have no sources either but I'm picking up what you're putting down and agree with you.  In my own experience, anyway.

NS - You really should tell your friend to think carefully about trying salvia.  I mean I don't think he'll die but yeah, my friend (and it actually IS a friend, too :)) really did not enjoy her experience and said she wouldn't recommend it.
    panther
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_designer-drugs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:781db36f-db03-496a-a7f9-3815c580d23aPost:193664bd-be5f-46ec-9361-35a69f29c846">Re: Designer drugs</a>:
    [QUOTE]It just became illegal in Fargo recently. <strong> I just don't understand how it can be legal in some places if people can actually die from using it. </strong> It's weird to me.

<div>Alcohol?  Cigarettes?</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_designer-drugs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:781db36f-db03-496a-a7f9-3815c580d23aPost:81cee170-56c8-4cf3-a77a-5969ba7ecae9">Re: Designer drugs</a>:
    [QUOTE]I watched a documentary on pot, that I think said something about how pot does little to no damage to the lung tissue, but tobacco does.  The documentary was called the Union.

I honestly and truly look at pot as being harmless.  Sure some people call it "the gateway drug," but I think if people start doing hard drugs they would have done it whether or not they ever smoked weed.  Obviously people can sell weed with dangerous stuff laced in it, but I rarely hear about that.  Pot, as it's pretty much intended, I see as no big deal at all. 

Now as far as heroin and meth and all that other shiit is concerned... of course, bad.  But weed?  No.
    panther
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_designer-drugs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:781db36f-db03-496a-a7f9-3815c580d23aPost:231ad04b-3999-4477-99d8-1670abab584c">Re: Designer drugs</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Designer drugs : Alcohol?  Cigarettes?
    Posted by kimheartsscott[/QUOTE]

Oh good points indeed.  That's kinda why I'm on pot's side, too, lol - who dies from smoking weed?  ...Who dies from drinking too much?  Or from lung cancer?
    panther
  • Options
    There are various strengths of salvia, so your friend probably used one of the strong kinds.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_designer-drugs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:781db36f-db03-496a-a7f9-3815c580d23aPost:113c3397-188f-4e45-acfa-108304417208">Re: Designer drugs</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Designer drugs :<strong> I honestly and truly look at pot as being harmless.  </strong>Sure some people call it "the gateway drug," but I think if people start doing hard drugs they would have done it whether or not they ever smoked weed.  Obviously people can sell weed with dangerous stuff laced in it, but I rarely hear about that.  Pot, as it's pretty much intended, I see as no big deal at all.  Now as far as heroin and meth and all that other shiit is concerned... of course, bad.  But weed?  No.

I don't. It seems harmless. But it is called a gateway drug for a reason, as cliche as that is. I know several people whose lives have dramatically gone downhill from smoking pot. Some of them went on to more "serious" drugs and for some, pot screwed them up enough. Obvs. many people smoke a little pot and live completely normal, healthy, productive lives. But I wouldn't put it in the harmless category.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    K2 is banned around here, but the dumbfuckers didn't ban JWH, which is the chemical that gives you the high. K2 is JWH on marshmallow leaves (or some sort of smokable leaf). Personally, I didn't care for JWH as much as pot. First of all, it's a grain-like drug, so we ended up doing foilies to get high (hate). Second, it made me feel....weird. If politicians want this synthetic drug to be banned, they need to ban the chemical, not the final smokable product.

Salvia- It's meh. Or at least the stuff I had was. As far as I know, it's still legal in Indiana (is it still legal everywhere in the US?).
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_designer-drugs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:781db36f-db03-496a-a7f9-3815c580d23aPost:6f8fde51-1190-4117-92ee-9c65041684c0">Re: Designer drugs</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Designer drugs : Oh good points indeed.  That's kinda why I'm on pot's side, too, lol - who dies from smoking weed?  ...<strong>Who dies from drinking too much?</strong>  Or from lung cancer?
    Lots of people. You can do it all in one sitting, a la alcohol poisoning, or you can pickle your liver over a lifetime. Either way, plenty of people die from either ingesting too much at one time, or long term complications related to alcohol.
  • Options
    I've never heard of any of this salvia or synthetic THC before.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_designer-drugs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:781db36f-db03-496a-a7f9-3815c580d23aPost:066b7489-600a-4bb3-9f36-ef8be4f118ed">Re: Designer drugs</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Designer drugs : I don't. It seems harmless. But it is called a gateway drug for a reason, as cliche as that is. I know several people whose lives have dramatically gone downhill from smoking pot. Some of them went on to more "serious" drugs and for some, pot screwed them up enough. Obvs. many people smoke a little pot and live completely normal, healthy, productive lives. But I wouldn't put it in the harmless category.
    Posted by MarriedInAFever[/QUOTE]

<div>I don't think that makes it a gateway drug. I think that means your friend wasn't satisfied with the high pot was giving him/her, so they moved on to whatever did the trick. That's not pot's fault, imho.</div><div>
    </div><div>Also, salvia is something different to every freakin' person who smokes it and that bugs me. Sometimes I think the people who say they tripped out are lying. Maybe it's just different 'strengths' like nebb said, but I don't know.</div>
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards