Wedding Etiquette Forum

Share your bad/funny timing stories...I'm bored

FI's friend surprisingly mailed back his RSVP card with his girlfriend.  They started dating after our invitations went out, otherwise we would have invited her.  I found out today (after I just paid our final payment on Friday) that she is no longer coming because they broke up.  Hopefully we'll get credited for her cost.

If only he had broken up with her on Thursday instead of Saturday :)
C'est la Vie

What bad/funny timing stories do you have?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Share your bad/funny timing stories...I'm bored

• My DH's friends from college really wanted to come to the wedding.  But we found out on the Wednesday before the wedding that she was 38 weeks pregnant and her doctor advised against her traveling from Baltimore to Cincy.  We actually had no idea that they were expecting!  It all worked out, since our final number was due that day.  Now we get to go visit them and the little one in September.
  • That's good that it ended up timing out that way MP and hooray for your friend's little one!
  • Last week I was procrastinating sending in an RSVP card to a good friend's wedding and she emailed to ask if we were coming.  I told her that we regretted that we wouldn't be coming.

This morning on FB I saw that they canceled the wedding.  Two weeks out.  Eeeek.  At least I hadn't sent a gift?
    panther
  • Yeah, it was much better than my mom's cousin.  Her sister (who was coming) sent me a FB message the morning of the wedding informing me that the cousin and boyfriend (these people are like 50 years old) wouldn't make it.  LAME!  She's flakey anyway; I should have known.

Sorry about your extra person.  It was obviously a very serious relationship if it didn't last long enough between when your invites went out and your final number was due.
  • That sad sack! :(
  • AATB, eek I wonder what happened.  I feel bad for them :(

Rach, at least the receptionist is probably having a great Monday because of that sad lunch sack

MP, yes...very serious relationship that lasted less than 3 weeks (we got his RSVP 2 weeks ago)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_share-your-badfunny-timing-storiesim-bored?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:93bd6c3a-2053-4f5a-bf6e-89b25b0f34bePost:79c8ea0d-95f8-4a6a-9798-c2338b391099">Re: Share your bad/funny timing stories...I'm bored</a>:
    [QUOTE]I ordered lunch for our sales meeting today. One of the guys just got fired this morning, so I had<strong> one little sad bag left over</strong>. And I don't know why but it made me irrationally angry that I had to order it. Oh well, gave it to our receptionist and I think it made her day. Go figure.
    Posted by rachers1017[/QUOTE]

<div>It's sad, but it made me giggle.  Poor little lunch bag all alone.</div>
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • H's crackhead cousin RSVPed yes.  And then didn't book a flight.  We heard about this a week beforehand (about an hour after we made our final payment) and H texts her to find out what the deal is.  About three days later we get a "oh, yeah.  I'm not coming" reply.  klassy, crackie.
  • July that is definitely eye-roll worthy.  I'd be pretty annoyed to pay for some random person like that.  Not to do a "b-list" or anything, but is there anyone else that the guy would like to bring?  If a spot is already paid for, someone might as well eat!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_share-your-badfunny-timing-storiesim-bored?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:93bd6c3a-2053-4f5a-bf6e-89b25b0f34bePost:b3468f5c-b631-48e3-82bb-b69cdf1ae663">Re: Share your bad/funny timing stories...I'm bored</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Share your bad/funny timing stories...I'm bored : It's sad, but it made me giggle.  Poor little lunch bag all alone.
    Posted by dumdumfroggie[/QUOTE]
    I keep imagining something like this:<div><a href="http://indiana.laxallstars.com/files/2011/06/sad-face-paper-bag.jpg" rel="nofollow">http://indiana.laxallstars.com/files/2011/06/sad-face-paper-bag.jpg</a></div>
  • July2012brideJuly2012bride member
    First Comment
    edited June 2012
    MP, he said he wanted to fly solo, so hopefully we can at least get her cost credited toward something
  • I got invited to my cousins tiered, potluck reception.. Though I wasn't invited to the potluck dinner. The wedding is in 4 weeks and I saw on FB that she posted that she threw all his clothes out on the front lawn.
  • I just got an invitation to my friends baby shower next weekend. The RSVP date was June 15th. Undecided I know I wasn't b-listed since she had told me about it weeks ago but I told her I might not be able to go, but why knowingly send it AFTER the RSVP date?
  • I just got the invitation to my friend's rehearsal dinner yesterday.. the RSPV was May 15th. I texted her and was like, "Well, I missed the RSPV by a month and 9 days, but we'll be there :)" I think she ordered them months ago and thought she'd send them out in a timely fashion, but then didn't, haha. I feel like I would have to order new ones or something, rather than send them out like that.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are going to an AHR this weekend.  The bride and groom apparently didn't send everyone invitations, and we didn't get one, so we assumed we weren't invited.  Then we discovered lots of our other friends weren't invited.  Apparently they just thought we'd show up.

Um.  Why would we just show up somewhere we weren't invited?  Thefuck?
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_share-your-badfunny-timing-storiesim-bored?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:93bd6c3a-2053-4f5a-bf6e-89b25b0f34bePost:c6cfd0a6-95aa-4135-98f3-0aa76a8c2fed">Re: Share your bad/funny timing stories...I'm bored</a>:
    [QUOTE]One time, very early on in our relationship, DH and I snuck into his band's studio to have sex because his roommate's obnoxious GF was at the apartment.  What we didn't know what that his bandmate was bringing his boss by to show him the place after work.  They totally walked in on us butt naked on the couch in the corner.  And that was how I met the guy who would eventually be the best man at my wedding.
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]

<div>OMG.  I love you more and more every day.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_share-your-badfunny-timing-storiesim-bored?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:93bd6c3a-2053-4f5a-bf6e-89b25b0f34bePost:c6cfd0a6-95aa-4135-98f3-0aa76a8c2fed">Re: Share your bad/funny timing stories...I'm bored</a>:
    [QUOTE]One time, very early on in our relationship, DH and I snuck into his band's studio to have sex because his roommate's obnoxious GF was at the apartment.  What we didn't know what that his bandmate was bringing his boss by to show him the place after work.  They totally walked in on us butt naked on the couch in the corner.  And that was how I met the guy who would eventually be the best man at my wedding.
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>LMAO! Best one yet ... although I do really like the sad little lunch bag, too. </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards