Ohio-Cleveland
Options

NEED help with hair and makeup!!!!

Can anyone recommend a good place for hair and makeup on the west side??? I live in Middleburg Heights and have NO CLUE where to go to get my hair and makeup done at a resonable price! I would also need airbrushing as my skin gets very blotchy...any advise???? PLEASE help!!!

Re: NEED help with hair and makeup!!!!

• Options
    JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Illusion Unlimited in Strongsville does both hair and makeup, though I only had my hair done there on the Big day. Emily did an AWESOME job with my updo. IIRC, it was around $50. No idea if they do airbrush makeup, but give them a call? You could always just get a trial done beforehand to see if you like what they do. Also, they give a 10% off discount if 3 or more of your group gets services done there. Good luck!

I was married at a church in Middleburg Hts. and our reception was in Strongsville. Where will yours be?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    jeng507jeng507 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!!! thats a pretty good price too! We are getting married at Old Oak Church (behind SouthWest Hospital) and we are having the reception at La Malfa in Mentor...kinda far, i know! But they have a beautiful space and a pretty good price.

So since you are familiar with the area, who did your flowers? I don't really know any florists in the area, but have received a couple emails from people....but we were looking to spend less then $1000 for roses...any ideas??
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also had trouble with finding a salon and ended up going with one close to the church even though I knew it was pricey (La Barberia in Little Italy).

As for the skin issues, I did a spray tan at Sun Spray Salon. They do a nice job doing a natural tan and can go as light or as dark as you need them to. It's 30 dollars for a full body tan, but for a wedding, you could get away with half body for 15 dollars. As long as you follow the instructions they give you (not using fragranced soap and not sweating), the tan should settle in well. It's not a spray tan booth. They spray you down so it comes out more evenly. I went twice before my wedding day just to make sure I liked how it looked. hope this helps!

http://www.sunspraysalon.com/
  • Options
    JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cool! Our florist was actually a woman who worked fulltime for Heinen's floral dept in Brecksville, but at the time, Heinen's wasn't doing wedding flowers, so she did ours from her home workshop. She was VERY affordable and did a great job. Pics in my bio. I have no idea if she's still with Heinen's now (or if she's still doing wedding florals from her home), but I have her home contact info and can PM it to you if you want it. We almost went with Giant Eagle for flowers and I'm sure they would have done a nice job, too. Once I met with Diane (the woman we used), I really 'clicked' with her, so we went with her. Both quotes were in the same ballpark (around $500-600?) for what we wanted  -- a few roses, but mixed with other flowers, too.

Also, I've heard that Edy (I think that's her name?) with Roses For Weddings does a nice job, but have no personal experience with her.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    jeng507jeng507 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh ok thanks so much for the info!! Yes I would really appreciate if you could find out if she still does weddings!! And i think i have looked at the website for Roses for Weddings and they did seem very nice!
  • Options
    korlishyattkorlishyatt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am a makeup artist in the area..
    I travel to different locations

check out my website

www.wix.com/korlishyatt/korlishyatt

email me @ korlishyatt@hotmail.com or call 216-773-1637

thanks

korlis
This discussion has been closed.