Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

bridal luncheon?

I had never heard of a bridal luncheon until my brother got married four years ago. My wedding is in April so I'm wondering if I should start planning one. So here are my questions about it.

Are you having/did you have a bridal luncheon?
How long before the wedding?
Where should it take place?
What is the purpose? (my brother's wife gave out bridesmaid gifts at hers)

Thanks ladies!

Re: bridal luncheon?

• I've never been to one, but if you have the time/budget, go for it.  The purpose is to thank your BMs for their efforts, so do gifts, pamper them, whatever.
  • I didn't do one, but I did pay for their lunch on the day of the wedding.
    imageimage
    Follow my book blog: Panda Reads
    Follow me on Goodreads: my read shelf:
    Sandra's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • My daughter gave a tea/luncheon the day before the wedding.  It was for the bridesmaids, the MOB, and her two aunts who had hosted her shower and who were both doing readings at the wedding.  She chose that time to give the BMs their gifts.  It didn't inconvenience anyone since they had all come in from OOT the night before.

• I've been to one and it was really fun. We just had it at the brides house and she made us lunch (just soup and bread, simple but very thoughtful and delicious). It was fun to talk and stuff before the rehersal dinner and the wedding day goes SO fast that sometimes you don't get time to relax and talk with the bride and other people in the wedding. She did it the day before the wedding. She also gave us our gifts that day. I think they're fun but I don't think it's necessary.
  • I'm doing one the day before my wedding.  I have 6 BM's, a Maid & a Matron, and only 2 are local.  I am planning a luncheon to thank them all for coming in for my wedding and we are having a girls afternoon at my fave restaurant.  Then they will help me put together my programs - lol!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I didn't.  We did a DW and my attendants were all spread out, so there wasn't really a chance.  We did a luncheon the day of the wedding for everyone, and I spent some time with each of my attendants outside of wedding stuff throughout the wedding weekend, more or less one on one.  It would have been a giant pain and huge expense for everyone to try to get just all of the girls together. 

The point is to get to show your attendants a little extra appreciation and spend a little extra time with them.  You don't have to get them all together and take them out to lunch to do that.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards