Chit Chat

Has anyone else noticed the lack of Mods?

Pretty much, everywhere?  I haven't seen mods post or respond to posts on pretty much any board regularly.  Where the hell is everyone?

Re: Has anyone else noticed the lack of Mods?

• Yeah, I've noticed that too.

• Yeah it's pretty bad. The only one I notice around regularly is Blue on the JE board.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I watch my board daily, but it's pretty frickn dead. . so theres that.
    But yeah, I've noticed it too.

Oh, Hoboken, I think you're the one that asked me to send the Bat Signal to Lili about a CC Mod. She said they're working on it and are reviewing applications and will be getting back to people (I was told this on the 23rd, but forgot to post. Sry).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_has-anyone-else-noticed-the-lack-of-mods?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:fa14ca8b-f7ad-4878-ada8-a68d50046715Post:d14bc039-174a-4ef6-98de-b9285d7f1340">Re: Has anyone else noticed the lack of Mods?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Several states are experiencing a crisis at the moment. 
    Posted by RetreadBride[/QUOTE]

I don't mean today, or in the past few days. I mean, in the past couple of weeks, even upwards of a month or two.  It seems to have just slowly become unimportant for a lot of mods to be around.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_has-anyone-else-noticed-the-lack-of-mods?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:fa14ca8b-f7ad-4878-ada8-a68d50046715Post:8ab079e0-d9fd-4490-8141-6cac4f72a302">Re: Has anyone else noticed the lack of Mods?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I watch my board daily, but it's pretty frickn dead. . so theres that. But yeah, I've noticed it too. Oh, Hoboken, I think you're the one that asked me to send the Bat Signal to Lili about a CC Mod. She said they're working on it and are reviewing applications and will be getting back to people (I was told this on the 23rd, but forgot to post. Sry).
    Posted by NcsuPsych[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • the other board

• I sent Lili an email about 2 weeks ago regarding all the vendor posts on boards with either no mod or an MIA one. Never even got a response. It is getting pretty old.

• Maggie pops into AA pretty frequently, but other than that I can't really think of ANY.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_has-anyone-else-noticed-the-lack-of-mods?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:fa14ca8b-f7ad-4878-ada8-a68d50046715Post:e0bc4d1a-f9d1-48e9-9a03-171ab001a920">Re: Has anyone else noticed the lack of Mods?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I sent Lili an email about 2 weeks ago regarding all the vendor posts on boards with either no mod or an MIA one. Never even got a response. It is getting pretty old.
    Posted by staar987[/QUOTE]

<div>Our local San Diego board doesn't have a mod... nevertheless, vendor posts are usually removed within a day or so of being reported. I reported a vendor post sometime last week that still hasn't been taken down, and I found that unusual. </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to Re:Has anyone else noticed the lack of Mods?:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Has anyone else noticed the lack of Mods?:I sent Lili an email about 2 weeks ago regarding all the vendor posts on boards with either no mod or an MIA one. Never even got a response. It is getting pretty old.Posted by staar987Our local San Diego board doesn't have a mod... nevertheless, vendor posts are usually removed within a day or so of being reported. I reported a vendor post sometime last week that still hasn't been taken down, and I found that unusual.nbsp; Posted by ChelsJimmy[/QUOTE]

Report it twice. When that happens on my local board, I'll report it from my laptop and from my phone. Or from my laptop and work desktop. It will magically disappear.
  • I'm largely a lurker around here, but I've noticed the lack of mods as well.  Although the mod on my local board usually seems to be around when she's needed.
  • Mods are only required to spend three hours per week reviewing their respective boards. I know Loopy pops in to check on E on occasion, even though she may not post every time.

The New Mexico board doesn't have a mod, but the vendor posts get taken down shortly after I report them.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_has-anyone-else-noticed-the-lack-of-mods?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:fa14ca8b-f7ad-4878-ada8-a68d50046715Post:1ca2b7f0-894d-4aa3-8c49-bf6910e19f04">Re: Has anyone else noticed the lack of Mods?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mods are only required to spend three hours per week reviewing their respective boards. I know Loopy pops in to check on E on occasion, even though she may not post every time. The New Mexico board doesn't have a mod, but the vendor posts get taken down shortly after I report them.
    Posted by wrigleyville[/QUOTE]

Holy crap.  Three hours a WEEK?    When I first joined, I was on the A&A board a LOT, and I was SO used to seeing Duds on there all the time, I thinik I got mod spoiled.
  • There was a spammer on the IL board for WEEKS before they finally got banned. The mod on that board has not been active in a long time, and reporting one post wouldn't do any good (there were literlaly thousands of posts--a new one each minute). Even paging Lili did nothing for a long while until she finally read a thread on E and banned them. I totally agree mods don't have to post constantly or reply to a ton of threads, but in situations like the IL board was in for awhile, it's frustrating to basically be able to do NOTHING about it with no active mod and Lili not doing anything.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards