Pre-wedding Parties

Bridal shower questions

I got engaged this past March. My fiance and I are having a small wedding with about 50 or 60 guests. I

'm not sure if I am going to have a bridal shower, but if I do, how far in advance should I have it? Also, do I invite all of the women who are invited to the wedding? Any input and other bridal shower tips you can offer would be greatly appreciated :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bridal shower questions

• mysticlmysticl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Here's what everyone is going to tell you.  The bridal shower is thrown for you.  Therefore the person throwing it will pick the date and will do the inviting.  They should ask you for the guest list to your wedding so they know who to invite.  I believe they usually invite family and maybe some of the closer friends.  Not sure if there is a good way to let the host know who those people are, if you are lucky she will ask you.  I know there are woman on my guest list who have no idea who I am, if they got a shower invite before the wedding invite they would have a WTF moment.  It might seem a little odd but most of those women would be the wives/girlfriends of the guys FI works with. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • loop0406loop0406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When someone decides to throw the b shower for you, you provide them with guest list, you can invite all the women you're inviting to wedding if you want to, usually b showers are 15-25 people. I had mine 2 months before wedding. It's really up to the b shower host and when you're available, it can be a month before or weeks before depending on timing, where you will have it (place availability) etc.

She might ask you for input on a theme, here's a website that my MOH went to for my shower theme: http://www.hostesswiththemostess.com/themes/bridal_showers
  • Kristin789Kristin789 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Bridal Shower: Who's Invited to a Bridal Shower?

Q.

My matron of honor asked me to give her a bridal shower guest list. Do I invite all the women who will be invited to the wedding or just close family and friends?

A.

You don't have to invite every woman who's invited to your wedding (think of the expense for your bridesmaids if you did!). The guest list should include your closest female pals and relatives (and your fiance's mom, sis, and other close female friends and family).

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards