South Asian Weddings

Reception Venues in NJ

Hello Everyone

This is my first time writing a Post !! ....... But I really need help with any suggestions you might have. I am looking for Venues in NJ that allow or cater South Asian Food. The only problem is that we have a very low budget, since my fiance and I are trying to pay for the wedding ourselves. Right now we are looking in the price range of $50 per person with food and drinks (alcoholic). We are planning to have 250 guests and looking for August or September of this year. Please let me know if you have any place that would be in this range? Thanks so much !

Re: Reception Venues in NJ

• LDHRLDHR member
    First Comment
    Sometimes large restaurants may be able to host if you give them enough notice.  Sorry I don't have a specific suggestiong but it definitely addresses the issue of food and cost (given relative catering hall costs are generally greater)
  • I see you're from South Jersey.  One unique option would be the Lakeside Manor in Gibbsboro, NJ (http://www.lakesidemanor.com/). I didn't visit myself but I was looking for something similar and had e-mailed the owner and he said he's willing to rent out the venue space for a good price (different prices for different days).  I believe the space is more than big enough as well.  You would bring in all food and drink yourself -- which could save you a lot of money in the long run.

We ended up going with the Westin Mt Laurel for a luncheon only for our Indian ceremony since we're doing a Catholic/Hindu fusion wedding weekend.  Best of luck with all of your planning!
  • Here are a couple places we looked into that may fit into the price range.  If you are flexible in doing a lunch reception, Sunday or Friday wedding many places including hotels will give you some wiggle room.

North Jersey:

1. Royal Albert Palace...they have many rooms downstairs to choose from and a huge one upstairs

South Jersey:

1. Brigali's ( I don't think they allow Indian food)
    2. Bradeford Estate
    3. Adelphia
    4. Vitarelli's

Other Suggesstions are to find a place in the Pennsylvania area since these places were much cheaper.  

Hope this helps!!
  • The Falls Ballroom in Morrisville PA is relatively inexpensive - I think $30/40 a person...  They also allow outside catering for Indian food.  
  • Thanks so much everyone! I will definitely check out your suggestions !!  
  • Chet I just PM'd you!
  • Contact Simer Grewal from Dream Wedidngs by Simer and she can help you find amazing vendors within your budget.  She is great, very detail oriented and a perfectionist. She can work with your budget but still provide you an exclusive and elegant wedding experience.

Call :(216)502-5194
    E-mail:dreamweddingsbysimer@gmail.com

He fee is reasonable and will not make a hole in your pocket.

Also check out her facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/#!/DreamWeddingsBySimer

Enjoy!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards