Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

2 Different Dresses - Help me choose!

Hello! I'm a lurker and occasional poster on these boards. You guys give such great advice and I was hoping you could weigh in on this decision!

I tried on dresses a couple of weeks ago and absolutely fell in love with two. They are the same basic shape, but very different details and look. I can't decide which I like better. Every day I think I've made up my mind, then it changes again!

This is dress #1. I love it because it zips up the back and it's RIDICULOUSLY light and comfortable. I also love it because it is a more simple and classic look.

This is dress #2. I love it because of the way it fits my figure and makes my waist look tiny! I also love the contrasting details on the bodice and skirt.

How would you decide between these similar but totally different looks?

Re: 2 Different Dresses - Help me choose!

• Options
    I think #2 looks better on your body
  • Options

I LOVE dress #2!!

I think the second dress is more of a classic look- It's not so intricate, not so simple and it makes you look SO TINY!!

what did you go for???!1

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    # 2 all the way. I dont care for the bottom of #1 just NMS.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    #2 definitely looks better on you. There is something about #1 that I just don't like.
  • Options
    Dress #2 gives you amazing curves!
  • Options
    #2 by a landslide! Suits your body so well!
    Wedding Planning Bio/Blog Here Updated as of 2/1/11 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    #2 - no contest.

As a PP mentioned, #1 almost looks like a petticoat still waiting for the top layer... doesn't hold a candle to #1.
  • Options
    they're both similar. i like the first one better. though i think it's just cause i'm not a fan of beading. love the sihoulette on both.
  • Options
    I am going to go with the group and say #2. I like that the details and it does look amazing on your body!! If you still can't decide though I would go back to the salon and try both on again. Don't add more to the mix just those two . . try to picture your wedding day and I am sure you will know which one is right for you.
  • Options
    #2 for sure! I gotta agree with everyone else! both are very pretty but 2 wins!
    Happy to be married..and having our 1st on the way! ;)
  • Options
    2-no contest. It gives you great curves!
  • Options
    Wow, thanks guys! That definitely helps me get a little perspective. I guess what I really love about the first dress is how comfortable it is. The second dress isn't uncomfortable at all, but definitely tighter, hence the fit!
  • Options
    i like the first one, it looks comfy, and i love the assymetrical at the bottom. not too much bling either.
    Married 10/09/11
    Miss Claire born 5/29/13
    Our Happy Little Family
  • Options
    I'm assuming #2 has a corset lace-up back? you could put a corset in dress #1 and have it hug you the same way. I think both dresses are gorgeous! But I like dress #1 better. You really can't go wrong here though - go try each one of them on again and see what you think.
  • Options
    I'm gonna be the mean girl and say that I don't think either suits you.  You look uncomfortable in dress # 2 and dress # 1 doesn't flatter your body.  I hope I didn't hurt your feelings but I really think you could do better.
    BabyFruit Ticker If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think. Even if we're apart i'll always be with you. - A.A. Milne
  • Options
    I like dress number one, but I think you should get some sort of a small silver belt... not "belt" but I'm not sure what they call it.. sash? But it's not like it's a ribbon. It's a detailing they add to make it look like it's part of the dress.
    Disclaimer: Please excuse the above comment. I'm probably freaking out because there is less than one month to go. Thank you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Our Huge Planning Blog :) * Updated 06/11

July 2011 Bride
  • Options
    I like #2 better, it's unique, and it fits you great :)  Good luck :)

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
  • Options
    Hahaha, if I look uncomfortable it's because I'm saying "just hurry up and take the picture, mom!" She was taking forever!

No hard feelings.
  • Options
    I'm with Dress #1.  I think the 'pick ups' in the wedding dress department have seen their day.  All the collections from 2009/2010/2011 have modified the 'pick ups' and deconstructed them because every bride has had them the past 5 years.  Dress #1 is simple because it's timeless, even with the asymmetry.  Less is more.

Having said my honest opinion, you're figure is slammin' and you'd look good in a potato sack! :)  You go!...and take me with you! LOL!

142 Ready To Celebrate! image

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I like dress number 2 ... it would look better if a couple the pick ups on back could be let out
  • Options
    I like #1 better.  It's simpler but don't ask me why because my dress has a lot of beading up top & is very scarce on the bottom so I guess it evens it out.
  • Options
    Well, the number twos are more vocal but the votes are pretty evenly split!

Thanks for the wonderful comments.

Before making any decisions, I think I might speak to a seamstress and see what it would cost to create a custom dress that combines the two dresses somehow. I know my cousin had a dress made and it was pretty affordable.

Thanks again!
  • Options
    Both are really nice...and I honestly don't know which dress is 'better' I'm not the one wearing them...I can say that #2 gave me a 'Wow' feeling...but are you comfortable?  #1 is pretty, and hey, depending on the time of year, it could be the better choice! lol... I'm a girl of comfort...and my dress reflected simplicity and comfort as well...
    I say choose a dress that gives you both wow and comfort...even if it isn't one of the above...
  • Options
    Miranda- ask the boutique if they have something they can add to the first dress. I had a simple dress and when I was thinking out loud I said, "I just wish there was something right here." and pointed below my bust. She whipped out a silver beaded embellishment and tacked it on and it looked like it was made for the dress. Another worker saw and did a double take and gave compliments on how much it added to the dress. Just a thought! Another idea could be a large-ish vintage brooch attached right below the hip. I just like #1 better for some reason, but I would add something to it.
    Disclaimer: Please excuse the above comment. I'm probably freaking out because there is less than one month to go. Thank you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Our Huge Planning Blog :) * Updated 06/11

July 2011 Bride
  • Options

#2 is perfect on you!!!!! Number one kinda make your hips and tummy area weird because of the ruching (sp?)

• Options
    I'm going with #1

I think dress #2 does looks really amazing on your body, but I think it's too busy. 
    Follow Me on Pinterest Image and video hosting by TinyPic Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    #2 looks stunning on your body and that's why everyone loves it, but I think it's mostly an issue of your angle and posture in the photo. Plus, you'll probably get either one altered a bit. I think the pick-ups on #2 are kind of fussy and make you look shorter, whereas the revealed petticoat on #1 is adorable. What I'd LOVE to see is a dress like #1, but with a colored petticoat peeking out and a matching sash at the waist.
  • Options
    I am not going to answer this question because I am jealous. So there..lol  Wink

# 2
    You know you are truly blessed when you find that one who completes you,makes you totally happy, and feels your pain from the other room. The one you feel lost without, the one that makes you laugh, the one that makes you cry. The one that makes you wonder how you can be so lucky. Congratulations to everyone who has found "the one."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards