Moms and Maids
Options

MOH dress problems

So my MOH is my sister and she is being so picky with her dress!!! I'm letting her and my bridesmaids chose their dresses but everytime most of the girls (including me) agree on a dress she flat out refuses to wear it.  She wants something flattering and comfortable and she's just refusing to wear anything we pick out.  She is a girl with curves, but I have other bridesmaids that have the same build as her and she still doesn't like anything anyone picks out.  Do I need to just put my foot down and have her wear a dress that she doesn't like? Oh, another thing is that she doesn't want to take the time to even look at dresses that she might like, she just keeps saying that she's too busy.  Ladies I need your help on this situation!!! 

Re: MOH dress problems

• Options
    AutumnFairAutumnFair member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_moh-dress-problems?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:67d24608-c4db-4cdb-93a4-4d8171ca68dbPost:767b5f4b-24c2-435f-bbcb-59bad18b4f34">MOH dress problems</a>:
    [QUOTE]So my MOH is my sister and she is being so picky with her dress!!! I'm letting her and my bridesmaids chose their dresses but everytime most of the girls (including me) agree on a dress she flat out refuses to wear it.  She wants something flattering and comfortable and she's just refusing to wear anything we pick out.  She is a girl with curves, but I have other bridesmaids that have the same build as her and she still doesn't like anything anyone picks out.  Do I need to just put my foot down and have her wear a dress that she doesn't like? Oh, another thing is that she doesn't want to take the time to even look at dresses that she might like, she just keeps saying that she's too busy.  Ladies I need your help on this situation!!! 
    Posted by Zweo1[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm assuming you are letting them choose some and eventually will pick one dress? If that's the case, you just need to be up front with your sister. Ask her when she is free so you can go with her to find some dresses that she likes then you can ask your other BMs which one they like out of those and then if it is a tie you can be the tie breaker.</div><div>
    </div><div>The other thing is to just ask her what her budget is for the dress and find your top favorites, then do a majority rules thing.</div><div>
    </div><div>If you are up to it I would just give certain requirements like designer, length, and color and let everyone choose their own dress so your sister can't complain about anything dress related.</div><div>
    </div><div>Good luck.</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
  • Options
    trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that you can easily solve this problem if you give your friends (meaning WP members)  a color and a length and then let them choose the dress that they want to wear.  The days of matchy-matchy WPs are steadily fading away, and that's really good news!

Good luck.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    KnibletKniblet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    [QUOTE]I think that you can easily solve this problem if you give your friends (meaning WP members)  a color and a length and then let them choose the dress that they want to wear.  The days of matchy-matchy WPs are steadily fading away, and that's really good news! Good luck.
    Posted by trix1223[/QUOTE]

This, exactly.  My ladies had different bodies and style so I let them choose what they wanted.  They were much happier that way and they all looked great.
    vacation vacation vacation vacation
    It's almost here! Weeeeeeee!
    my read shelf:
    Jaime's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    43/70 books read

Back in June 2010...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all for your advice!!! And the reason why I'm starting on everything now is bc I work 70 hrs a week so I have to start doing everything a little bit at a time or otherwise nothing will get done lol, but thank you all again!!!!
  • Options
    ViczaesarViczaesar member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_moh-dress-problems?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:67d24608-c4db-4cdb-93a4-4d8171ca68dbPost:d1e1b3b6-29a4-467b-9450-e5cc2899e2fc">Re: MOH dress problems</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank you all for your advice!!! And the reason why I'm starting on everything now is bc I work 70 hrs a week so I have to start doing everything a little bit at a time or otherwise nothing will get done lol, but thank you all again!!!!
    Posted by Zweo1[/QUOTE]
    So work on some things unrelated to the wedding party outfits.  There is no reason to have your girls buy something that's going to sit in their closet for 8 months.

• Options
    trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_moh-dress-problems?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:67d24608-c4db-4cdb-93a4-4d8171ca68dbPost:d1e1b3b6-29a4-467b-9450-e5cc2899e2fc">Re: MOH dress problems</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank you all for your advice!!! And the reason why I'm starting on everything now is bc I work 70 hrs a week so I have to start doing everything a little bit at a time or otherwise nothing will get done lol, but thank you all again!!!!
    Posted by Zweo1[/QUOTE]

There are plenty of things to do now that don't involve dresses for your friends and family.  Seriously, let this go.  You'll be happier and so will your WP.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards