New Jersey

How did you address your invites?

My invites should be coming in tomorrow (yay!) and now I'm thinking about what to use to address them. What did you use?

Re: How did you address your invites?

• jcg98jcg98 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    Printed directly on the envelopes, and printed wrap around labels for the RSVP envelopes b/c they were too small to go through the printer cleanly.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• We did hand written.  But I'm also a very traditional kind of person.
  • Our invite person printed directly on the envelopes. Looking back, I should've done this myself.
  • We hired a calligrapher that I found on TK.  She was great I paid $98 bucks for about 130 envelopes totally worth it if you ask me. 
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • I went to etiquette hell and used labels.  The envelopes would print out properly with my printer so I gave up.  As far as I know our marriage is still valid LOL.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_how-did-you-address-your-invites?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:3554a2a4-31fd-436b-9f3b-050ceaa73db1Post:fd187310-281c-4f4d-83fa-0e3672088a6e">Re: How did you address your invites?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We hired a calligrapher that I found on TK.  She was great I paid $98 bucks for about 130 envelopes totally worth it if you ask me. 
    Posted by LADY324[/QUOTE]

<div>This is a great price!  Can you share her name?</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_how-did-you-address-your-invites?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:3554a2a4-31fd-436b-9f3b-050ceaa73db1Post:e3f7860f-43c7-4d7e-8e3e-4add0412c6ed">Re: How did you address your invites?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How did you address your invites? : This is a great price!  Can you share her name?
    Posted by buttrflyah[/QUOTE]

<font face="Tahoma" size="2" color="#00bfff"><font face="Tahoma" size="2" color="#00bfff"><font face="Tahoma" size="2" color="#00bfff"><p dir="ltr">Danielle Gonzalez</p><p dir="ltr">Dani Writes Calligraphy and Custom Signs</p><p dir="ltr"><a href="http://www.daniwritescalligraphy.wordpress.com" rel="nofollow">www.daniwritescalligraphy.wordpress.com</a> </p><p dir="ltr"> </p></font></font></font>
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • my FMIL is trained in calligraphy - thank goodness, because otherwise it would've been mine and FI's chicken scratch. And he's a doctor so you can imagine his handwriting...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    205 invited image
    160 are ready to party image
    45 are missing out image
    0 can't find their mailbox image
    RSVP Deadline: October 1, 2012
  • I hand wrote them with a calligraphy marker. Obviously it wasn't perfect, but I felt that it was more personal than a label. 
  • Our graphic designer did them. It was worth the time saved and the finished look.
  • I'm not the kind who judges what people do when they send me their invites.  That said, I can't imagine doing labels; I'd want something more formal looking.  I'm writting them personally.  If I wanted them printed, I'd do it right on the envelope, but I wouldn't use labels.
  • shoebieshoebie member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Ours are going right through the printer as well
  • Ours went right through the printer as well.  I was a bit rushed (still am!) and knew that the things that needed time and attention unfortunately did not include handwritten envelopes.  I handwrote the Save the Dates and those went to most of the guests.  It looks clean and sharp printed on the envelopes.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards