Arizona-Phoenix

**alschmid**

I love love love having a venue twin!  Haha! I am planning on doing a family head table.  Just about everyone in my bridal party has a sig other, so we didn't want them to have to sit by themselves haha!  It's going to be us, his brother and nephew, my sister, and both of our parents, plus a few more.

I went last week and saw a unique set up that I wouldn't really recommend...  It was a sweetheart table nestled in between two tables on stage. It reminded me of an elbow slightly bent haha!  You could possibly put the sw table among the other tables by the dance floor, and then put your cake on stage to clear up some extra room.

I would call them and request the map of the room.  We mapped out ours last weekend, and now I have a great visual :)
Photobucket

Re: **alschmid**

• alschmidalschmid member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Laugh, I am constanting thinking I should page nillawafer and ask her about this - but then I think you will get tired of me stalking you :)

Did you book your hotel room yet?  Do you mind telling me around what price range the Hyatt and Hampton Inn were that you were looking at?  I plan on booking blocks of rooms at a few places think I think we have a pretty good variety of people coming to town that would want different things (fancy, budget) etc. 

Laugh, so the unique setup was exactly what I was envisioning for us.  I'm not so sure a family head table would work too well for us - but that is a good idea.  Just my parents are divorced and that might be kind of uncomfortable.  Do you think it would be strange just to pretty much ignore the stage area?  I was at a wedding last week where they used a high top table as the sweetheart table and I liked that....

What kind of decorating/linens are you doing?
    BIO: Updated 7/28 with bridesmaid dresses

Amy & Ian

image 133 Invited so far!
    image 48 Are ready to party!
    image 27 Will be missing out! (12 kids)
    image 59 Are MIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    FYI- We are triplets.  I will also be getting married at Val Vista Lakes.  Yaya!!  It's so pretty!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Beckity!  Hooray, thats awesome - when is your date?

Amy & Ian

image 59 Are MIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • NillaWafer10NillaWafer10 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Fabulous! Now we can add one more to our idea stalking party hahahaha! Feel free to page me any day!  I absolutely love sharing ideas!

I like the idea of a high top! I'm not sure I could gracefully sit in it though haha!  I would say ignoring the stage is totally doable.  They have a table and an arrangement that they can put by the piano to make it look not so empty.

I purchased linens from linentablecloth.com (cheaper than renting).  I unfortunately bought the wrong size, so I am going to try to exchange them out.  I need/want the floor length sized linens, which will be plain white.  The centerpieces will be 5 blue hydrangeas in a vase with real pebbles at the bottom of the vase to hide the bottoms of the stems.  The vases will be surrounded by three votive candles in "bubble" shaped holders like the ones in my siggy.  We are having a buffet, so the tables won't be set.  Instead, we will have rolled napkins at each sitting.  (I saw the idea last week when we peeked in at a wedding there).  They wrapped this silver thing around it, which was a great detail.  I should have taken a picture...

The place is probably going to be littered with flowers around the room with candles to add some romance.  Our reception starts at 4:45, so it will still be pretty light out.  I figured it would be good for both day and night.  I figured it's so gorgeous, and it didn't really need a whole lot more.

The ceremony decorations! My new favorite project!  We bought shepard's hooks from Hobby Lobby last week (50% off! Woot woot!), which we will hang pommanders from.  They are a gorgeous shade of a butter yellow, and I can't wait to see how they turn out.  Lining the aisle with be medium coverage ivory rose petals.  We are doing a unity candle instead of a sand ceremony.  We expect the candles to blow out, but it will make for a funny story afterwards :)

Some things I would recommend...  If you are having a buffet, definitely place your tables outside on the patio.  It will clear up so much room for your tables.  Also, no one will awkwardly have to stand in between the tables to wait for it.   Try not to seat more than 9 people at a table.  It gets a little tight.  Don't hire a string ensemble, because the waterfall will overpower them.  We now have to provide a tent for them and amplification :(
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Lots of good tips Nilla- thanks!

My date isn't until March 26th- next year!  So I have a ways to go!

Our colors are turquoise blue and blush pink.  I still haven't decided which color I want the bridesmaids in- but my instinct is telling me pink.

We're expecting around 160-170 guests, so I hope it's not too tight in the reception hall.  When we visited VVL they were set up for a reception for 180 and it looked a little cramped.  We are having a buffet, and the buffet tables will definitely go out on the patio.

I still have yet to decide if we will do a wedding party head table or a sweetheart table.  They both have pros and cons.  Honestly, because of the size of the room- it would be nice to have the wedding party on the stage so that I don't have to have another table on the floor (we have a total of 12 people in the wedding party though- not sure if they would all fit up there!)

Any feedback or advice you ladies have is more than welcome!
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Totally forgot to I post about the Hyatt/Hampton Inn.  They are both around $120, but I am going to keep looking on the travel sites.  I know that I could get a stellar hotel for that during the summer months, but it wasn't worth the wasted driving time to and from Scottsdale.
    Photobucket
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Really, guess the prices may be different with room blocks.  The Hilton that I was looking at quoted us for guest rooms at $105 a night in October.  I haven't visited in person yet though.  do you just call up and make a meeting?

Are you making the pomanders yourself?  I was considering that as well. 

And now I have visions of me teetering on the chair at a high top table, laugh!

Amy & Ian

image 59 Are MIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haha my mom and my sister are making them!  I gave them the instructions, and they are going to try and tackle them.  I wish I could be there to help them, but I am a little relieved that it's one less project that I have to do.  I can post a pic of them after they are finished if you're interested in buying mine.  They are light yellow.  It might be cheaper then making them yourself.

If you do end up making your own, go to Hobby Lobby for the silk flowers.  They have the best quality and selection. They have frequent floral sales, and the stems are 50% off.  If they don't have enough stems when you go in, they will give you a rain check and order them in for you. 

If you want to cut costs, the bigger the bloom, the less flowers you need to cover them.  Also paint the ball the color of your flowers to minimize white spots.
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards