Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

What signature cocktail would you do?

For cocktail hour, we are having...

Passed Hors D’oeuvres

Brie Quesadillas- brie cheese grilled in flour tortillas, served with a fresh fruit salsa- we use whatever berry is in season with mint, jalapeno, lime and red onion

Parmesan Crisps- friccos spiked with toasted pumpkin seeds and topped with avocado salsa

Stationary Hors D’oeuvres

Bruschetta Bar- rustic italian bread grilled with garlic, rosemary and olive oil and served with assorted toppings including hummus, feta cheese, and tomato-basil relish.

Fruit and Cheese Display- imported and domestic cheeses of your choice …or we can recommend some wonderful local and Artisan award winning cheeses…arranged with clusters of grapes, berries, melon and other seasonally available fruits with a basket of crackers and baguette slices

Crudité Basket- artfully arranged freshly blanched and raw vegetables with appropriate house made dip

I'm drooling... What kind of signature cocktail would you suggestion? FI is a beer fella and I love champagne, but I thought a cocktail would be nice to add to the mix...

Re: What signature cocktail would you do?

• rlavachrlavach member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    Hmm, everything seems to be on the light side, so perhaps something light & fruity? I know Mimosas are usually for brunch, but that would be nice with it. I'd also like anything with fruit & vodka in it. Sorry I'm not too good with remembering names. Maybe your venue would have some suggestions?
  • How about a classic champagne cocktail?  It's champagne, cognac, sugar, and bitters.  

May 2013 February Siggy: Invitations

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_what-signature-cocktail-would-you-do?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:23Discussion:e84fff96-6d1b-415b-9deb-f0e05e61a73bPost:fd28c88d-4611-46cd-bd23-c900c5ad9d15">Re: What signature cocktail would you do?</a>:
    [QUOTE]How about a classic champagne cocktail?  It's champagne, cognac, sugar, and bitters.  
    Posted by melb2013[/QUOTE]

<div>Ooh yeah!  Or add a little gin and make it a French 75. </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
  • Although a French 75 might not really go with the stuff you're serving.  What about a classic Sangria?  
  • I like the sangria suggestion. Perhaps also either a specialty margarita or a capirhina to go with the slightly spicy/latin aspects of your menu?
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • We're having rum and coke for him and a mojito for me!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards