Chit Chat

Crazy Things People Register For

2»

Re: Crazy Things People Register For

• Diet Coke... it might be a private joke or ended up on the wedding registry as a mistake - who knows?

Registries are really expanding, I think furniture, camping supplies are definitely okay.  And what's wrong with a bath robe?  FI and I have lived together for awhile so we don't need the standard pots and pans (nor do I EVER cook so they'd go to waste...).
  • Batman action figure
  • ipod speakers but I suppose that's not so weird- but most people register for silverware and china and things.

Ugh, registering. We live in the smallest studio in the world, no space for anything. Cash please :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The same couple registered for a toilet plunger, comet cleaner, dish soap, and toilet bowl cleaner. I guess its all practical stuff, but just not something I would want to give or receive as a gift.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_crazy-things-people-register-for?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:84c17432-81e2-4cc6-ae67-45714b29f32dPost:1c2d8000-a245-4851-86a7-373b15b7904b">Re: Crazy Things People Register For</a>:
    [QUOTE]The same couple registered for a toilet plunger, comet cleaner, dish soap, and toilet bowl cleaner. I guess its all practical stuff, but just not something<strong> I would want to give or receive as a gift.
    </strong>Posted by mbatzlaff[/QUOTE]

Every year at Christmas my Mom puts together a huge box of this kind of stuff for FI and I. This is by far my most favourite gift since I need it and I don't have to pay for it. Cash gifts are great since I can buy this stuff anyways. I feel at least the couple was being honest in what they wanted. They didnt register for extravagant things for no reason, but registered for things they want and need.
    October 2012 December Siggy: Favourite Wedding Picture
    PIC_281copy1 Anniversary
  • A lot of these things are reasons why people shouldn't register at Target, haha. It probably gets tempting to scan everything in the store!
  • My one cousin registered for pitaschios and my other cousin scanned a wooden toilet seat while his future wife wasn't looking.  So it was quite a surprise to her when she unwrapped it at her work shower!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards