New Jersey - South

hair & makeup-affordable

Hey Ladies,

So in the process of planning I have ran into some ridiculous prices for hair and makeup for the day of. We are paying for our own wedding so I am trying to cut costs at all angles but of course would like to be pampered for the day of my wedding and would like to have my hair and make up professionally done. If anyone knows any reasonable priced hair or make up artists in the south jersey area PLEASE let me know!

Thanks

Re: hair & makeup-affordable

• edited December 2011
    I had this problem when I started looking. The prices were ridiculous and most places wanted me to guarantee them a minimum of 6 faces/heads that day in order for them to travel to us.

We used Natalie at D'Nicole Salon & Spa in Sewell for makeup. Her work was amazing and her prices were beyond reasonable. D'Nicole's is also a hair salon, so I am sure they will be available for hair as well. Their number is 856-582-2211.

Sidenote...B/c their prices were so reasonable and Natalie's work was so gorgeous, we ended up having 9 girls have their makeup done the day of our wedding. 3 were add ons that morning and she had no issue being flexible and getting everyone done on time.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I have a close friend who does absolutely FABULOUS makeup for MAC. Her SIL is also a hair stylist. Together they travel to the bride and her bm's and will bang out the entire bridal party for you. She did my sister's wedding and we all looked beautiful. I booked her for my wedding next year. She books up fast, so PM me and I'll give you her information. She charged me (because Im a friend) 50 for hair and 50 for makeup. I think her regular prices are 75 dollars each.
  • dinnamingdinnaming member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Kristine from http://www.thelittletouchesnj.com/ for my wedding in July.  I found her to be the most affordable from all the research I did.  She travels to you as well.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    For D'Nicole hair salon, Did they travel to your house or you and the girls had to go to them? Do you remember how much for make up because I dont see make up listed on their site. thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    They had the makeup artist come to my parent's house where we were geting dressed.  I believe she charged $45. This was without the false lashes (which were a must have for me). If you wanted the lashes, it was $10 more.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards