Honeymoon Discussions

Bermuda Cruise

Has anyone ever done a cruise to Bermuda (and being the only stop)?  Is it worth it, or be better off flying there and stay at a resort?  We are planning on an anniversary trip.  Thanks.

Anniversary Visit The Nest!

Re: Bermuda Cruise

• edited August 2012

Soooo worth it!!  We cruised out of Boston and had 3 days in Bermuda. Resorts there are super expensive, so is all the food.  Use the cruise ship for your meals, get a multi-day bus/ferry pass and see the island (don't rent scooters, you'll kill yourselves).

Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_bermuda-cruise-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:fab14a43-4e51-482c-b303-d8db248ca6cbPost:cd373a1a-2fb1-45b2-889f-fd0f8f253140">Re: Bermuda Cruise</a>:
    [QUOTE]Soooo worth it!!  We cruised out of Boston and had 3 days in Bermuda. Resorts there are super expensive, so is all the food.  Use the cruise ship for your meals, get a multi-day bus/ferry pass and see the island (don't rent scooters, you'll kill yourselves).
    Posted by MrsKathyC[/QUOTE]

Worth it.  Kathy nailed all the reasons.

We married in Bermuda,  Gorgeous.
  • Thank you:)  i will definilty be keeping that in mind.
    Anniversary Visit The Nest!
  • I've cruised to Bermuda twice and I absolutely loved it.  We would've loved to do it again for our HM, but unfortunately the weather won't be too warm there in November.  We went once with Celebrity (out of Jersey) and once with Royal Caribbean (out of Philly).  Both cruise lines were fantastic, but Royal Caribbean was a lot cheaper.
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • kks4471kks4471 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited August 2012
    We went to Bermuda for our HM, but not on a cruise.  We absolutely loved the island!  I think cruising there would be a great way to see the island and save money.  However, the Holland America cruise ship left sometime before Friday morning, and by staying on the island, we still had all of Friday and Saturday to enjoy the beaches.  We honestly felt like the cruises didn't stay there long enough.  I realize there are tons of activities on the ship for those sea days though.  You'd have to decide whether having more beach days, or having fun sea days and saving money would be a better vacation for you.  Good luck!
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • They are both two different experiences.  I've stayed on the island and loved it and would recommend it at least once.  Cruising is a nice way to see the island a bit cheaper.  Oh, and I've rented a scooter and lived and would do it again in a heartbeat!  It's a great way to see the island at your pace. 
  • I would rather spend the days on the gorgeous island of Bermuda than on a cruise ship, can't get enough of the place! And the scooters are fine- we survived with no mishaps.
  • AdeleDazeemAdeleDazeem member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited August 2012
    That's great that you both survived on the scooters.  Some people can handle driving on the left with all the congestion on the island.  Some people cannot.  Even the locals are urging foreigners not familiar with driving on the left to refrain from renting a scooter because accidents are happening very frequently now due to a laarge volume in vehicles and mistakes from tourists.  When I say locals, I mean owners of the shops renting the scooters.

If they drove on the right, I would have happily hopped on one.  As it was, I got horrible road rash from a biking incident there and would not like to get it again.

Bermuda has a great bus system (cheap, goes everywhere) and plenty of cabs that will drive all over the island.  Don't end your trip in the hospital like I did!
  • H was dying to rent a scooter... until our resort's driver showed us an area where a tourist died riding one.  That kinda ruined it for us.  They do look like fun, just be careful on that side of the road!
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_bermuda-cruise-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:fab14a43-4e51-482c-b303-d8db248ca6cbPost:1e935129-0ab1-44c6-a78f-9c037b557748">Re: Bermuda Cruise</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's great that you both survived on the scooters.  <strong>Some people can handle driving on the left with all the congestion on the island.  Some people cannot.</strong>  Even the locals are urging foreigners not familiar with driving on the left to refrain from renting a scooter because accidents are happening very frequently now due to a laarge volume in vehicles and mistakes from tourists.  When I say locals, I mean owners of the shops renting the scooters. If they drove on the right, I would have happily hopped on one.  As it was, I got horrible road rash from a biking incident there and would not like to get it again. Bermuda has a great bus system (cheap, goes everywhere) and plenty of cabs that will drive all over the island.  Don't end your trip in the hospital like I did!
    Posted by Joy2611[/QUOTE]

You're right....renting a scooter is not for everyone.  I'm sorry you had a bad incident!
  • Not only the roads, but the walls of coral can scrape you up good too!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards