Missouri-Kansas City

Berg Event Space

I am getting married October 23rd at berg Event Space. My fiance and I simply fell in love with the space and are having our ceremony and our reception there. Has anyone been to a wedding, or had their own, at Berg?
If so, how did they handle the ceremony and reception? During the ceremony where did they put all of the tables? Where they pushed against the wall out of the way? Did it look crowded?
They said the switch from ceremony to reception wouldn't take long and they would close the black curtains to do this so noone was able to see what was going on. Did it seem crowded after they closed the curtains with everyone on one side?
Did the Berg staff place the centerpieces on the tables and light the candles or did you have to find someone to handle that?
also, for flowers did you have arrangements that doubled as table centerpieces for the reception and ceremony flowers for the ceremony? How was this handled? were they hung? placed along the aise? etc?

Sorry for all the questions! Anyone who can provide me with information it would be appreciated!

Re: Berg Event Space

• edited December 2011
    Hey there! We got married at Berg in August 2008 - I haven't been on the Knot in forever, but happened to log in today and saw your post. So - here goes: 
    I am getting married October 23rd at berg Event Space. My fiance and I simply fell in love with the space and are having our ceremony and our reception there. Has anyone been to a wedding, or had their own, at Berg?
    If so, how did they handle the ceremony and reception? 
    During the ceremony where did they put all of the tables? During the ceremony, the chairs were set up in a round so that we were married under the chandelier toward the back windows. It didn't look crowded - it actually felt cozy. 
    They said the switch from ceremony to reception wouldn't take long and they would close the black curtains to do this so noone was able to see what was going on. Did it seem crowded after they closed the curtains with everyone on one side? We had about 150 at our wedding. It took them approximately 10 minutes to switch out ceremony site to the reception site. Their staff and the catering staff worked together so that by the time they pulled the curtain, the food and tables were all set up. It didn't feel crowded at all - most people grabbed drinks and socialized in the main space upstairs, and some went outside to the patio area. We went and walked around the block taking photos - we got some awesome ones on the street in front of Berg. 
    Did the Berg staff place the centerpieces on the tables and light the candles or did you have to find someone to handle that? Berg staff lit the candles, and the table centerpieces were all on the tables during the ceremony. I can send you photos if you want to make this a little more clear. 
    also, for flowers did you have arrangements that doubled as table centerpieces for the reception and ceremony flowers for the ceremony? How was this handled? were they hung? placed along the aise? etc?
    We did not really have ceremony flowers at all - because the tables around the edges had the centerpieces on them already, and the centerpieces were really tall, they served as our ceremony decoration as well, which was great because it made switching the space a little bit quicker, and also saved us some money. :) Are you working with Sandy at Berg? She is AMAZING, and will make your life so easy on the day of. I absolutely loved her. Let me know if you have any more questions, and if you want to see photos I'll be happy to send them. 

Sorry about the random formatting here - I'm not super Knot-savvy and I wanted to make sure I got all your questions answered. 
  • edited December 2011
    I sent you a private message :)
  • edited December 2011
    I am also getting married at Berg and actually went to a good friends wedding there in October.  Here are my responses to your questions:

If so, how did they handle the ceremony and reception? The ceremony was set up with an aisle leading down the middle of the main space, the couple got married in front of the windows. During the ceremony where did they put all of the tables?   The tables were at the sides of the room with the centerpieces already on them, it didn't look crowded - you hardly noticed they were there.Where they pushed against the wall out of the way? They were pushed against the wall, with linens and centerpieces on them.Did it look crowded?
    They said the switch from ceremony to reception wouldn't take long and they would close the black curtains to do this so noone was able to see what was going on.  THey closed the black curtains and everyone rushed to the bar - it was cold out so the patio was not open...so it was a little snug with 140 guests.  We are moving our guests out to the patio for cocktail hour, and actually putting a SECOND bar out there - but we are getting marrie din JUne.   Did it seem crowded after they closed the curtains with everyone on one side?
    Did the Berg staff place the centerpieces on the tables and light the candles or did you have to find someone to handle that?  I actually set up my friends centerpieces.  She had her FIL provide them, but I think if she had had the florist do it, they would have set them up.  Berg staff did light the candles.
    also, for flowers did you have arrangements that doubled as table centerpieces for the reception and ceremony flowers for the ceremony? How was this handled? were they hung? placed along the aise? etc?  Originally I was going to have the flowers/vases that lined the aisle double as centerpieces - and I still may do this.  I am contemplating haning bud vases and/or pomenders from the beams for the ceremony...I would love to have the pomenders cut down and then used for the centerpieces, but I'll have to see how much my florist will charge for that.

Let me know if you have any other questions :)
  • edited December 2011
    thanks for all of the info!!! We really love the berg space and I can't wait to get married there!!! I was nervous about the tables being pushed against the wall but its nice to hear that they actually add to the space and look beautiful :)
    Where are you going to do pictures?
  • edited December 2011
    This is really good information! We are debating on the Berg as well and this already helped answer some of my questions on the "flip" of the room concerns!

I do have one question, did any of you have a live band? That is one thing we really want and are worried the space might be to small for one. Thanks so much!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards