Just Engaged and Proposals

Rings with sidestones

Ok so my ring has sidestones on my band.  But its either my diamonds or the way the diamonds are set on side are scratching my pinky and middle fingers!  Its annoying does this happen to anyone else?
Photobucket

Re: Rings with sidestones

• How long have you been engaged?  For a few months after I first started wearing the ring it did irritate my pinky.  After a while a callous built up (not something visibly noticible), and I stopped playing with the ring as much, and now I have no issues with irritation.
  • I've been engaged for 2 months...My sidestones are not huge but not small here in my ring

They keep scratching and its starting to bother me...hopefully it will callous over like you said

Photobucket
  • I had the same problem! when my ring turns i use my fingures to turn it back and it would scrath my fingers. It went in to get fixed which took 5 weeks!!!! and in that time my fingers had time to heal. and ever since then i've been careful on turning it and it hasn't happen since.
  • Omg I bet I am turning it with my fingers!  I don't want to not have my ring for 5 weeks =[  What did they do to fix it?
    Photobucket
  • oh no no!! sorry. I had it fixed for other reasons, but they kept not fixing the problem. and then their tech was out on family leave or something..so it took 5 weeks to fix it.. [they had to fix my center stone. and messed it up] 
    There isn't anything to fix it.
    Maybe you could take it off while you're home or something and give your fingers time to heal.
    Do you think you're turning it with your fingers?
  • SOrry I absolutely read that wrong!!

You know what is funny! WHen I was reading your post, I was turning it with my fingers then and I was like oh my goodness thats it!  I don't like taking it off if I don't have to.  I think I play with it quite a bit unconsciencly so I am going to make an effort not to do it anymore!
    Photobucket
  • Well i'm glad I could help!! and yea I understand not wanting to take it off. Hopefully your fingers get better.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards