Wedding Etiquette Forum

help - home depot registry??

i got a shower invite that says the couple is registered at home depot.

i cant find anything registry on their website... has anyone registered with them or bought something for someone off a registry at HD?

Re: help - home depot registry??

• I think you might have to go to the actual store to do it.
  • My understanding is only a few stores have a registry.  You have to go into the store where they registered.  FI wanted to register there, but it was a giant pain in the butt.  GL!
  • We knew someone that registered at Home Depot once and we had to go to the actual LOCATION they registered at.

We got them a gift card.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • I used to work at Home Depot. It is a royal pain in the butt and so behind in technology. You have to go to the exact location they registered at in order to get access to it.

Go to the service desk. Tell them you want to print the registery for bride and groom x & y.

They have the list blocked off into departments, which is helpful.

Once you find the item(s) you wish to purchase for them, it would be best for you to just go back to the service desk. A lot of cashiers won't know what to do with it and it will just cause you problems if you don't go back to the service desk.

You will pay for it and the associate has to take the item off the registry in a seperate computer system.

Hope this helped. If you have any more questions, please ask. I was quite the pro at the service desk in my day.
  • midget, thanks! 
    im thinking cash or a gift card is the way to go!
  • No problem. They really need to update their system. lol

FI and I are going to register there too (it's where we met). I think i'm going to put instructions on our website for people since I know how confusing it can be.
  • ALTERNATIVE:

If it's confusing/difficult to register with home depot, you can register with amazon.com and add home depot items with their "universal registry' button.

The universal registry lets you go to ANY website and add items to your amazon registry list. when someone clicks to buy it, amazon fowards them to the outside webpage, and then takes it off the amazon list.  =)

My FI and I are doing ours this way - we have lots of amazon items, plus a furniture store, bedbathbeyond, lowes, and gift cards to some of our favorite restaurants - all in one registry list.

Good luck!
  • Gymbug - That's awesome!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_home-depot-registry?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2e698033-c357-4b31-aae8-10a0e7798cfbPost:3fd3ffa0-e737-4a54-8220-43321b913a8b">Re: help - home depot registry??</a>:
    [QUOTE]ALTERNATIVE: If it's confusing/difficult to register with home depot, you can register with amazon.com and add home depot items with their "universal registry' button. The universal registry lets you go to ANY website and add items to your amazon registry list. when someone clicks to buy it, amazon fowards them to the outside webpage, and then takes it off the amazon list.  =) My FI and I are doing ours this way - we have lots of amazon items, plus a furniture store, bedbathbeyond, lowes, and gift cards to some of our favorite restaurants - all in one registry list. Good luck!
    Posted by gymbugmj2k[/QUOTE]

Damnit! Our Canadian amazon is SOOOOO lame! They only have books! And definately no universal registry!!!
  • yeah, a friend passed along that info to me. it's definitely really nice to be able to say "we're registered at amazon" and have everything right there on one list.  (not to mention we were able to find some items cheaper there than in stores....which might be the case with a some home depot items...???)

sorry to hear about amazon.ca though. how sad. =/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards