Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

0 Bridesmaids and 2 groomsmen?

Fiance wants 2 of his childhood friends in the wedding party and I do not want anyone as bridesmaids.

Will it look odd?

I would rather have neither bridesmaids or groomsmen but Fiance is dead set on these 2 being in the wedding..

I plan on just having them as ushers before the wedding, walk down the aisle alone and either stand by him or sit.

.. oh and please no negative remarks or suggestions on no bridesmaids.. it is just my choice Laughing

2013 bride interested in joining a weight loss contest? Message me for details!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: 0 Bridesmaids and 2 groomsmen?

• Options
    NEGATIVE REMARK
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    Let him have his two groomsmen. You can still have no bridesmaids. It will be just fine.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_0-bridesmaids-and-2-groomsmen?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e72ae490-4225-4118-a0d9-72fec8e24438Post:56ce6555-486d-4ef9-b78a-d796df85ddeb">Re: 0 Bridesmaids and 2 groomsmen?</a>:
    [QUOTE]NEGATIVE REMARK
    Posted by adamar15[/QUOTE]

I actually LOLed.

What kind of negative remark would someone have about no bridesmaids? I had none, and no one has ever said anything to me about it.
  • Options
    I agree. I think it'll look fine. Our groomsmen walked separately from our bridesmaids anyway.
  • Options
    If you don't have BMs, your wedding won't be real and/or legal, people will side eye you, think you are weird and friendless!!!  Was that negative enough? :)

But really OP, it is fine if you don't want a bridal party, absolutely nothing wrong with that because it is your choice.  If your FI wants to have two friends stand on his side, good for him, because that is his choice.

And the looking weird part...not in the slightest.

• Options
    I have no issue with him having the groomsmen. It is his wedding as well. I want him to be happy :)

I was just reading other posts that were considerably older about this subject and there were a lot of "it is so sad you dont' want anyone to share your day with you" "what about your mother" "what a lonely life you must have" comments.. which is no where near the truth lol

I am worried people will talk about the off balance of it. expecially if they stand by him.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Let people talk.  The one's that are rude and/or point it our are just a-holes.

• Options
    edited August 2012
    If you would rather they didn't stand by him, could you have them sit close to the front and come forward to do a reading, hand you the rings, etc.?  We didn't have a wedding party, but we had our siblings and some friends involved in the ceremony.  I think it's fine to just have the 2 groomsmen stand by him, though, too.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_0-bridesmaids-and-2-groomsmen?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e72ae490-4225-4118-a0d9-72fec8e24438Post:28913f58-1aaf-4bce-b949-e70d66d2c339">Re: 0 Bridesmaids and 2 groomsmen?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have no issue with him having the groomsmen. It is his wedding as well. I want him to be happy :) <strong>I was just reading other posts that were considerably older about this subject and there were a lot of "it is so sad you dont' want anyone to share your day with you" "what about your mother" "what a lonely life you must have" comments.</strong>. which is no where near the truth lol I am worried people will talk about the off balance of it. expecially if they stand by him.
    Posted by chevychick95[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I get it, but you can really tell people how to post.

Let your FI have who he wants with him and you have who you want with you (even if its nobody.)  Who cares what other people may have to say. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Haha, my mother would probably be the last person I would wanted as a Bridesmaid. I guess I just live a sad, lonely life.
  • Options
    haha you ladies are great! you put my worried fears at ease. Thanks :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm of the opinion that the people who would be talking about you *gasp* not having bridesmaids, would be the type of people to be looking for something to talk about.  Screw them, do whatever makes you happy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

258 invitedimage
    182 can't wait to partyimage
    76 are missing all the funimage
  • Options
    I think it's completely fine. I'd have them usher and then sit in the front row. 
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Preview!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker

122image 110image 12image
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_0-bridesmaids-and-2-groomsmen?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e72ae490-4225-4118-a0d9-72fec8e24438Post:28913f58-1aaf-4bce-b949-e70d66d2c339">Re: 0 Bridesmaids and 2 groomsmen?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have no issue with him having the groomsmen. It is his wedding as well. I want him to be happy :) I was just reading other posts that were considerably older about this subject and there were a lot of "it is so sad you dont' want anyone to share your day with you" "what about your mother" "what a lonely life you must have" comments.. which is no where near the truth lol I am worried people will talk about the off balance of it. expecially if they stand by him.
    Posted by chevychick95[/QUOTE]

I had no interest in having bridesmaids and my husband had two groomsmen and no one said anything negative about it.  A few people insisted I absolutely had to have at least someone stand up for me, but every reason they gave me (like needing someone to hold my flowers or be a witness) was easily accomodated by someone other than a bridesmaid.  My brother got these honors, a male and female friend came with me to get my hair done and the female friend helped me get dressed. So other than having to explain myself a lot, it was a non-issue.  We didn't look off balance and no pictures were ruined.
  • Options
    thank for your input hansa11. greatly appreciated.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards