Snarky Brides

Ask a Knottie anything!!

Re: Ask a Knottie anything!!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ask-knottie-anything-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:37532643-1428-48e0-a311-a3cc97b774fbPost:900b6f28-6944-4d66-be3a-67e10b64ea65">Re: Ask a Knottie anything!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]For everyone: If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you pick?
    Posted by ZombieNates[/QUOTE]

Maui.
    panther
  • Live anywhere in the world - I would honestly live in the Keys forever if I could.  I have a great desire to travel to many many places (especially Greece and Ireland) but I would never ever want to move there because it would be too far away from my family.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you pick?

Spain, for the food, architecture, history, culture, landscape, everything. I love it.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ask-knottie-anything-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:37532643-1428-48e0-a311-a3cc97b774fbPost:281cddda-bd1e-4412-ab0b-55b2c909d2b6">Re: Ask a Knottie anything!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Pirate!  Have you started studying for the CPA yet? Aprovencher, do you get out of school this summer, or are you taking classes?
    Posted by marriedfilingjointly[/QUOTE]

I'm doing pro bono work at a domestic violence clinic.....and taking classes.  It makes me so sad.

MFJ - what are your summer plans?  Baby names?
  • Woot middle name triplets!

Mara--It's pretty lame :P.  We met online, talked about about five months, then decided to meet (in Jasper--my first trip to IN).  After that, we kept up a long distance thing and then he moved out here so we could be together.  This upcoming December, we'll be together for five years.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ask-knottie-anything-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:37532643-1428-48e0-a311-a3cc97b774fbPost:222f87ab-9875-4ebb-b707-76ffc51b90d4">Re: Ask a Knottie anything!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Worst injury: a German Shepherd bit me on the shoulder when I was 8. I think you can see the edge of my scar in my sig. For everyone: Do you like your middle name, if you have one? It seems to be a common thing that parents give their kids heinous middle names, but I like mine. Do you?
    Posted by laurenclaire1386[/QUOTE]

I like my middle name mainly because its the name my nickname is derived from.  My parents were all kinds of confused when naming me.
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    yio - its karl pilkington!

i dont think the civil right movement was the same here, tbh. slavery was abolished waaaaaay earlier and i think because of that there was a much different attitude. my grandparents managed portions of one of the churches harriet tubman attended and brought people on the underground railroad, and there was a very large black community here because of it, so my take on what i know from family (moms side of the family is black) might be biased.
  • Worst injury - I fell on my face and broke my front teeth when I was 16.  They're fakes now.

Middle name - My first and middle names are kind of a double-name, so they go well together.  I was named after my grandmothers, so I like it.  I also have my maiden as a second middle now. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ask-knottie-anything-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:37532643-1428-48e0-a311-a3cc97b774fbPost:fd5f1c0b-664c-44f3-8535-de12d57a28d6">Re: Ask a Knottie anything!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Woot middle name triplets! Mara--It's pretty lame :P.  We met online, talked about about five months, then decided to meet (in Jasper--my first trip to IN).  After that, we kept up a long distance thing and then he moved out here so we could be together.  This upcoming December, we'll be together for five years.
    That's not lame! It's cute. :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ask-knottie-anything-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:37532643-1428-48e0-a311-a3cc97b774fbPost:900b6f28-6944-4d66-be3a-67e10b64ea65">Re: Ask a Knottie anything!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]For everyone: If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you pick?

I'd live in the St Andrews area of Scotland (Fife/Elie). I fell in love when I visited there. There's just so much history & culture, and I started to develop a wonderful Scottish brogue accent while I was there haha. I wouldn't mind the cold since I grew up in northwest Washington state, and have lived in Alaska.

Sure, it would be a very long ways away from my family in the States, but I could seriously see myself enjoying living there. Settling into a little cottage, possibly opening a pub, and having some farmland.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ask-knottie-anything-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:37532643-1428-48e0-a311-a3cc97b774fbPost:222f87ab-9875-4ebb-b707-76ffc51b90d4">Re: Ask a Knottie anything!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Worst injury: a German Shepherd bit me on the shoulder when I was 8. I think you can see the edge of my scar in my sig. For everyone: Do you like your middle name, if you have one? It seems to be a common thing that parents give their kids heinous middle names, but I like mine. Do you?
    You calling my kid's middle name heinous?? :P Some people think so. Its ok.<div>
    </div><div>My middle name is so common, that I don't give it a second thought. I wish my parents would have been more creative, though, so I didn't have another kid with the exact same first, middle AND last name as me all through school. She was an insufferable bitch since we went to preschool together and I hated being mistaken for her. </div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ask-knottie-anything-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:37532643-1428-48e0-a311-a3cc97b774fbPost:8d32cce1-f6c0-4244-8f42-60811657da98">Re: Ask a Knottie anything!!</a>:
    [QUOTE] Have you started studying for the CPA yet? I took REG on the 8th and I've started studying FAR now.  I hate that they're not rolling out scores in waves anymore.  I'll have to wait until June to get my Reg score, and I probably won't take FAR until the beginning of July. 
    Posted by pirategal03[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I think you should have to take the whole damned thing at once like I did, and not get credit if you don't pass at least 2 parts.. 

</div>
  • My worst injury was probably a broken nose, my sister hit me in the face with a metal bat when we were little. I also broke my pinkie toe climbing over the child gate by the stairs. Somehow it got caught on the railing when I fell down the steps and I was literally hanging by it...lol It was fully out to the side and I freaked out, so I smacked it back into place

I don't love or hate my middle name. It is Renee.

If I could live anywhere in the world, I would live on a beautiful island...if I were independently wealthy and didn't have to worry about work. I would love to wake up to a gorgeous view every day.
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
  • LC- I broke it onstage (I was in a ballet company).  I broke my L5. I was 21.

We are Greek so we got Greek first and middle names.  I am Melissa Elena and my sister is Katherine Athena.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Worst Injury - Intentional kick to my face in a soccer game....shearing off teeth and jaw dislocation.  I have a ton of problems to this day.
  • Sarah I like Tiberius......this is an odd question but is it cause of Star Trek?  I told H your son's middle name and he asked me that.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ask-knottie-anything-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:37532643-1428-48e0-a311-a3cc97b774fbPost:18d1a4ce-12f4-41d8-9d22-d55a5db44ff6">Re: Ask a Knottie anything!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]LC- I broke it onstage (I was in a ballet company).  I broke my L5. I was 21. Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

HOLYCRAP! That must have been so painful!
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ask-knottie-anything-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:37532643-1428-48e0-a311-a3cc97b774fbPost:e6924e9a-db5a-4563-9fd5-51e2c9c7f80b">Re: Ask a Knottie anything!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ask a Knottie anything!! : I think you should have to take the whole damned thing at once like I did, and not get credit if you don't pass at least 2 parts.. 
    Posted by SarahPLiz[/QUOTE]

I'd be fine with that.  There was less material on it then. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ask-knottie-anything-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:37532643-1428-48e0-a311-a3cc97b774fbPost:e74085d4-8c59-40de-af01-b01711ea7f7b">Re: Ask a Knottie anything!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]My worst injury was probably a broken nose<strong><u>, my sister hit me in the face with a metal bat</u></strong> when we were little. I also broke my pinkie toe climbing over the child gate by the stairs. Somehow it got caught on the railing when I fell down the steps and I was literally hanging by it...lol It was fully out to the side and I freaked out, so I smacked it back into place I don't love or hate my middle name. It is Renee. If I could live anywhere in the world, I would live on a beautiful island...if I were independently wealthy and didn't have to worry about work. I would love to wake up to a gorgeous view every day.
    Posted by Denise91980[/QUOTE]

I think its pretty effing awesome that you get to tell people you took a bat to the face.  I dont know why, but its pretty cool bragging rights.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ask-knottie-anything-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:37532643-1428-48e0-a311-a3cc97b774fbPost:bd2eec26-60ac-4dd2-bf0c-6d08daa9874a">Re: Ask a Knottie anything!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]yio - its karl pilkington! i dont think the civil right movement was the same here, tbh. slavery was abolished waaaaaay earlier and i think because of that there was a much different attitude. <strong>my grandparents managed portions of one of the churches harriet tubman attended and brought people on the underground railroad, and there was a very large black community here because of it</strong>, so my take on what i know from family (moms side of the family is black) might be biased.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

I'll have to google him. I figured Canada would have been way ahead of the U.S. when it came to civil rights and slavery movements. The bolded part is really cool. I always wish I had someone in my family that did something, anything, I could be proud of. Instead I get a famous person that most people can't stand. My grandfather and Uncle were police officers, which I am proud of.

Question- Do you (general you) know what your grandparents did for a living and how big their families were?

Many pre-depression era families were huge, which is what most of our Grandparents probably come from.
    20130105_202820-1_zps07580b43 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • YIO--Probably Sephora for makeup.  I love MAC stuff, but Sephora just has EVERYTHING.  My favorite clothing store would be Anthro or H&M.  H&M is hit and miss sometimes.

Thanks, Mara :).  How did you guys meet?

If I could live anywhere, I'd pick NYC.  I know N would be unhappy there, though, so maybe a little country town in MA or ME, somewhere not far from the coast.

Pirate--It sounds awesome.  I can't wait to get the chance to go down there and check it out.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ask-knottie-anything-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:37532643-1428-48e0-a311-a3cc97b774fbPost:2f5bd6b6-dd30-4341-af53-f494e3528b4d">Re: Ask a Knottie anything!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ask a Knottie anything!! : You calling my kid's middle name heinous?? :P Some people think so. Its ok. My middle name is so common, that I don't give it a second thought. I wish my parents would have been more creative, though, so I didn't have another kid with the exact same first, middle AND last name as me all through school. She was an insufferable bitch since we went to preschool together and I hated being mistaken for her. 
    Posted by SarahPLiz[/QUOTE]
    FTR, I think Tiberius is a STELLAR middle name :) My mom really liked the name Claire for a first name, but then she met a Claire for the first time while she was pregnant with  me and that Claire was a megabiotch, so she decided not to make it my first name.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ask-knottie-anything-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:37532643-1428-48e0-a311-a3cc97b774fbPost:222f87ab-9875-4ebb-b707-76ffc51b90d4">Re: Ask a Knottie anything!!</a>:

I love my middle name! It's pretty and it fits really well with my first name (which, for the record, is NOT BJS lol)
  • Blue - When I worked at a daycare center, we had a little girl named Elena, but she would get pissed if people pronounced it Ah-lay-na. She would be all "It's Uh-lenna!".

25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • SarahPLizSarahPLiz member
    First Comment
    edited April 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ask-knottie-anything-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:37532643-1428-48e0-a311-a3cc97b774fbPost:72b363b5-2908-44ff-a090-b187be6a9f8f">Re: Ask a Knottie anything!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sarah I like Tiberius......this is an odd question but is it cause of Star Trek?  I told H your son's middle name and he asked me that.
    Posted by aprovencher21[/QUOTE]
    No. DH is a Babylon 5 fan, not a Trekkie. Its his grandfather's name, though. However, his dad hated his grandfather, so I know the name will go over like a ton of bricks. <div>
    </div><div>ETA: Plus, we like Roman history and gladiators and such ( can you tell, since we call him Spartacus now? ). I think Alexander Tiberius is a great gladiator name. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ask-knottie-anything-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:37532643-1428-48e0-a311-a3cc97b774fbPost:99ac4839-2576-4bf4-84d1-407f867077e1">Re: Ask a Knottie anything!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]hah lotsa questions for me!! tomatoes are good, finally getting their real leaves so coming along. gonna move to givver pots once theyre a little bigger. neb is what we joked we would name our kid, everyone gets our lastname wrong and they would probably get the first/last of our kid wrong if we named him neb, which we thought was super funny at the time - neb was oddly taken, so i went with nebb! brusselspouts are super easy - halve the sprouts and set aside, saute 1 small onion and 4 strips of bacon diced up. mix together in ovenproof dish and roast uncovered at 350 for half an hr, mixing periodically. they get so crispy!
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

mm thank you! that sounds delicious.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ask-knottie-anything-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:37532643-1428-48e0-a311-a3cc97b774fbPost:785eb27a-08ec-412a-a30c-0e5b9ce5344c">Re: Ask a Knottie anything!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ask a Knottie anything!! : I think its pretty effing awesome that you get to tell people you took a bat to the face.  I dont know why, but its pretty cool bragging rights.
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

LOL...Baseball/softball wasn't my sport. My dad also hit me in the boob with a wiffleball when I was like 12. I swear that stunted their growth..lol

I have 3 older sisters and we fought like cats. We love each other to death now, but when we were younger, we were horrible. I feel kinda bad that my dad had to deal with all of us.
  • In my head I imagine myself being happy living in Greece near ruins since I love the culture so much, or in one of the villages, but really that's just a dream. I don't want to be away from my family, I'd be miserable.

Ideally, I'd love to live in a small town, in a house situated in a secluded wooded area yet not too far away from people. I hate big cities (hence my misery with my current home) and I want to live somewhere where people know me and I don't feel so alone all the time.

There are a few towns around us like that, but too far a commute for both our jobs. Some day though, assuming they aren't built up by then, we'll hopefully relocate there.
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    i have always wanted to live in belgium, weve said that we will seriously consider it after our parents pass, like a lifetime goal or something to move there
  • Worst injury - I fell into a cement fire ring at the beach and burned my back when I was 7 (at my brother's birthday party).  Fortunately I was wearing a sweatshirt so it could have been much worse.

Middle name is Susan.  I like it.  There have been times I wished it was my first name. 

Sesh - my younger daughter's middle name is Elise.  I love that name.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards