Military Brides

I judge....

2»

Re: I judge....

• Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I could probably go on forever, but just some things from today alone, I judge...

-people who take everything personally.  Not everything is about you, and not everyone thinks about you before talking/posting/etc.

-people who make vague, depressing statements on FB just so people ask them what's wrong, then when people ask they say "I don't want to talk about it."  Seriously, stop being an AW and either say it on FB or STFU.  

And my ones that will probably piss a lot of people off...
    - I judge anyone who gets engaged/married before they are at least 21, and big time if you are only 18.  I don't care how perfect you are for eachother, how much you know that person is the one, how okay with it your parents are, how "mature" you are, or anything else.  You are not mature at 18, sorry.  I was always very mature for my age, and when I think now about myself getting married at 18 I cringe.  Especially in the military, where 18 and 19 year old marriages are so rampant, then 20 and 21 year old divorces are also ridiculously rampant.  You're not special buttercup, and if your relationship is so great and perfect, why can't you wait until at least 21?

- Young military couples who think they need to get pregnant just because they are married.  There are so many 18, 19, and 20 year old wives with babies, or even 2 babies,, and they are still really babies themselves.  Then they can't handle deploymnents and/or being alone, epsecially with kids, and leave their husbands.  Some of these wives look at me like I have 2 heads when I say we are waiting until after this next deployment to TTC, which turns out we will be married for 2 years.  Marriage does not have to and should not mean instant pregnancy.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:7192b278-9f79-4b9a-99fb-66e723d33110Post:c32bf045-6d90-4558-8792-f700fa2e79c0">Re: I judge....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I judge.... : Curious, and no judgement - what religion does your FI follow? I judge my former co-worker who told me any woman who wants an engagement ring deserves to be beaten since it's just one way of a man marking his territory, like a dog pissing on its property.  Klassy.  Oh, same beyotch told me that she didn't know how I could marry a man who was a murderer for a profession.
    Posted by calindi[/QUOTE]

Seventh Day Adventist, which is just a different form of Christianity. She's just really judgemental and thinks everyone is wrong but her.
  • LetsHikeTodayLetsHikeToday member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Beach- I agree with you

We live in a world where women are encouraged to become their own independent person before marriage. I am so glad I waited until I was older to get married. I am independent, confident and I know what I want in life. When I was 18, I was immature, dependent, and felt out of place in the world. A man wouldn't have changed those 3 things about me.

I wish girls would take advantage of opportunities before they get married.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • IrishcurlsIrishcurls member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ugh I judge my coworkers who can't find the time to write up Standard Operating Procedures and do their regular work. Maybe if you actually worked 40 hours a week you'd be more productive, you ahole. <--sorry, that's a rant more than a judge.

I judge AW facebook statuses as well. 

There are more but I'm fired up about work right now and think it's best I come back after I've taken a lunch break. :)
  • Sammy0709Sammy0709 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. People who can't control their children and think its comical when their children misbehave. 2. People who litter. 3. I'm with Sami Joe on women who complain about being overweight and do nothing about it. 4. After seeing a young divorce, a crazy b*tch at the dog park (purple hair, kid in CPS, cheating husband who is getting NJP'd, tattoo of a dildo on her forearm, 17 years old), and the girl who got married young and decided she was a lesbian I judge people who get married and have children quickly at a young age (less than 21ish). Granted my grandparents turned out fine but we live in a completely different world.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:7192b278-9f79-4b9a-99fb-66e723d33110Post:cccab970-901d-4ec7-a584-0f135291abfd">Re: I judge....</a>:
    [QUOTE]And my ones that will probably piss a lot of people off... - I judge anyone who gets engaged/married before they are at least 21, and big time if you are only 18.  I don't care how perfect you are for eachother, how much you know that person is the one, how okay with it your parents are, how "mature" you are, or anything else.  You are not mature at 18, sorry.  I was always very mature for my age, and when I think now about myself getting married at 18 I cringe.  Especially in the military, where 18 and 19 year old marriages are so rampant, then 20 and 21 year old divorces are also ridiculously rampant.  You're not special buttercup, and if your relationship is so great and perfect, why can't you wait until at least 21? - <strong>Young military couples who think they need to get pregnant just because they are married.  There are so many 18, 19, and 20 year old wives with babies, or even 2 babies,, and they are still really babies themselves.  Then they can't handle deploymnents and/or being alone, epsecially with kids, and leave their husbands.</strong>  Some of these wives look at me like I have 2 heads when I say we are waiting until after this next deployment to TTC, which turns out we will be married for 2 years.  Marriage does not have to and should not mean instant pregnancy.
    Posted by dnbeach12[/QUOTE]

This is exactly why H and I aren't living on base. My BFF lives on base and the other wives are all super catty, and mainly they are all like 18 & 19. She's called me in tears over stupid drama they like to start.  Plus most of them have babies, and they drag their babies to parties, and keep them up really late, have them around alcohol and cigarette smoke, Clearly it's EXCELLENT parenting.  
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I judge door to door salesmen

I also judge women that should CLEARLY not be in skinny jeans. Just not good people.. just not good.
  • edited December 2011
    I also judge overweight women that do nothing about it.. especially when they chug 4 diet cokes a day and think that will somehow help their cause. blah.
  • melbelle24melbelle24 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I judge people that post things on Facebook just to have everyone else compliment them and throw attention at them. A particular family member of mine is the WORST at this, but I feel like I can't de-friend her even when I want to. Undecided

I also judge people who refuse to see/admit when they're wrong. Ugh.
  • calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ugh!!! Had to add this one...

I judge know-it-alls who know nothing.  People who use ridiculously made up facts to back up their argument which are easily proven wrong, and yet still adamently cling to their position.

There's my friend on Facebook saying she's glad her family is being evacuated from their home in Manhattan just so she knows they're safe, and her friend is going on and on about how Bloomberg is stupid.  I said something like, "Better safe than New Orleans' 9th District! :-)"  And he started going on about how it was different because NYC is not at sea level... uh.... yeah, it kinda is.  It's an island!  And then he said there was no way it would reach the subways even at a Cat 3 storm, and he knows this based on "all his experience".  Um, the last hurricane in NYC was a Cat 1 in 1944!  Which had 4 deaths and destroyed hundreds of houses.  This guy is 20 something years old, so he obviously has NEVER seen a hurricane in NYC.  Ridiculous....  then he goes on to say he wants to make those decisions himself, to evacuate or not.  I told him that the reason these evacuations are made mandatory so people like him who underestimate the danger of the storm don't end up dying and then their loved ones sue NYC for not making him leave in the first place.

UGH!

Anniversary

• edited December 2011

I also judge:

Couples who go into debt for e-rings or weddings (it's a party. have the party you can afford and get over it) 

People who paint on the boards that they use to protect their windows... Umm, the hurricane can't read..

Again, Teen moms because it's just ridiculous. This girl just came into the gym asking for a charity membership since she's a teen mom. I said no, and she then asked if we would take food stamps.  This is a gym.. not the effing Piggly Wiggly.  Just because you were dumb enough to get yourself knocked up, that means we should just let you come for free?  And the girl had nice name brand clothes (granted she was busting out of them), while the baby on her hip had an obviously dirty diaper, food all over it's face and a onesie that was like 3 months too small for it. It broke my heart... the baby, the girl just pissed me off. 

People who don't use their turn signal..
    I could probably go on for days...

Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I judge almost everythingUndecided 

ETA: But I have learned to becareful as well, because it does come back at you. Same with fearing things to much, if you do it WILL happen.
  • KendallR10KendallR10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:7192b278-9f79-4b9a-99fb-66e723d33110Post:1c5bbcbe-7e38-4a92-bb45-2214521f0771">Re: I judge....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I also judge:   <strong>Couples who go into debt for e-rings or weddings (it's a party. have the party you can afford and get over it) </strong> People who paint on the boards that they use to protect their windows... Umm, the hurricane can't read.. Again, Teen moms because it's just ridiculous. This girl just came into the gym asking for a charity membership since she's a teen mom. I said no, and she then asked if we would take food stamps.  This is a gym.. not the effing Piggly Wiggly.  Just because you were dumb enough to get yourself knocked up, that means we should just let you come for free?  And the girl had nice name brand clothes (granted she was busting out of them), while the baby on her hip had an obviously dirty diaper, food all over it's face and a onesie that was like 3 months too small for it. It broke my heart... the baby, the girl just pissed me off.  People who don't use their turn signal.. I could probably go on for days...
    Posted by SamiJoeB[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>this! </div><div>
    </div><div>FI wanted to get me a ring so he went to walmart and got me one. He is now saving to get me the one that I have dreamed of. I LOVE the ring I have. Its his decision to get me a new one. I plan on keeping it and wearing it on my right hand</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>As for the wedding.  If you can't afford it move the date. FI and I did. Back another year. I LOVE our date. But I don't want to worry about trying to afford a wedding

</div>
    Military Brides December 2011 Siggy. Holiday picture with your SO. We suck and don't have one :/ Those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I judge people who think life needs to go in a certain order

People who are super religious who put religion in to every convo they have. I don't push my beliefs on you, don't do it to me.

People who assume about my life

people who only use statictistics to judge people by. 

People who are 25+ and still living at home and don't have a job

people who quit their job for stupid reasons and not legit ones
    Military Brides December 2011 Siggy. Holiday picture with your SO. We suck and don't have one :/ Those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.
  • LetsHikeTodayLetsHikeToday member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I might get flamed for this but I judge the Duggar family.

I don't believe in having so many kids that your kids are the primary caregivers of your other kids.

Also, they teach them that humans and dinosaurs lived on the earth at the same time. Ugh.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:7192b278-9f79-4b9a-99fb-66e723d33110Post:243b884a-0e68-4eb9-857b-7c1150ae9588">Re: I judge....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I might get flamed for this but I judge the Duggar family. I don't believe in having so many kids that your kids are the primary caregivers of your other kids. Also, they teach them that humans and dinosaurs lived on the earth at the same time. Ugh.
    Posted by LetsHikeToday[/QUOTE]
    Its totally cool. I judge them too. I think its sick that they still want more even after what happened to their last
  • YoungDuoYoungDuo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the Duggar family thing. There are so many kids in this world that need a loving home to go to, why not adopt a few instead of popping more and more out? There really is no need to have that many children anymore, it's not like they live on a farm and need kids to help work in the field and what not like families did generations ago.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 204 made the cut image 122 are ready to party image 65 are being lame
    image 17 can't find the mailbox
    RSVP Date: October 20
  • edited December 2011
    we're technically "in debt" with my ering... but by our own doing.
  • Sammy0709Sammy0709 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:7192b278-9f79-4b9a-99fb-66e723d33110Post:f9511480-a5aa-44a7-a365-38159e2220d0">Re: I judge....</a>:
    [QUOTE]we're technically "in debt" with my ering... but by our own doing.
    Posted by firsttimersluck[/QUOTE]

The only reason were not in debt from my e-ring is because DH used deployment money and mine wasn't even pricey. I don't really judge people for this but I am impressed by people who choose to save up first.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    We saved up first. Had it all in cash, but Tiffany offered a year free financing 0%apr blah blah blah so we took that and invested the money instead to gain interest while paying it off month by month. It'll be "paid off" by December, but we've had the money the whole time.
    That's why I said "technically" in debt. :P I think this one is easy to judge without knowing everyone's situations or financial savvyness :P

Hey deployment money is a great way to buy a big purchasse like that! We bought a lot of big purchases last deployment since the bills and things were so so small and FI gets per diem as a little extra addition.  :)
  • LuluP82LuluP82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Late on this, but I also judge young (under 21) marriages and  young parents. What's the rush?

I'm actually very paranoid because I look super young, and I'm not-- I'll be 30 by the time LO is born, so while I'm not an older mom, I'm not young, either. I feel like people will look at me, assume I'm actually 19 or 20 (happens A LOT) and think I'm one of those military wives.

On the plus side, we are treated like royalty at the base OB clinic because we're older, educated and responsible about becoming parents.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm late on this but oh well

I judge people who give me dirty looks when the disabled kids that I watch run around or throw fits. (someone else mentioned the opposite of this) I know they are judging me and it make me feel liek they are totally ignorant to the fact that some children have problems that can make them ahrd to control sometimes. It's sometimes easier to let them do what they want then deal with a melt down in public then when they do metl down, unlike typical children, they can hurt your or themselves so it's better to just let them throw a fit and leave them alone for a moment.

I judge miltary wives who have military related stuff. Ie. clothes, decorations, stickers.I used to only find it odd when they had a lot, but the more I come across women who seem to only want to be with a man because he is in the military the more I start to judge any woman who seems a little too proud of her husband's job. I know it's wrong, but there are so many out there who are only with a military man to brag that I always wonder about every military wife that I meet.

People who always seem to have some big drama going on and, along those lines, people who go out then sit around looking sad or wonder off and act all depressed when others aren't giving them enough attention.

Other people's weddings! Now that I am planning my own wedding I compare every wedding of someone I know to what I am planning and analyze all the little details.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards