Wedding Woes
Options

Add this to another reason why I don't want to see this movie on Sat.

So some friends and I made a date to see Sex and the City on opening day. My 2 girlfriends and my one girlfriend's best gay friend went and had food and martinis at applebees. When I picked up my friend and her gay friend they were already drunk. We then picked up my second friend.

All the girls had 2 martinis at the resturant and then we went to the CVS across from the resturant and in the same shopping center as the theater. I got wine coolers and my friends ended up with 4 packs of mini wine bottles. We went in the movie and stuff and once the lights went down we started drinking. I didn't notice my second friend who was sitting next to me was drinking wayyyy more than she should in a little amount of time. The whole first hour of the movie we laughed and whispered convos. My second friend is very talkative in movies and suddenly she got really quiet. Next thing I know she turns to me and says, "I'm not feeling so well." I ask her how many bottles did she drink and she responds, "3" I was soooo shocked. I then went in my purse and pulled out a water bottle because I realized she had not gotten water.

We snuck the alcohol in the theater in our large purses,

Then she starts to gag like she is going to vomit. My other friend says she needs to go to the restroom because she can't puke in the theater. My friend won't budge and finally I get her to move. I take her to the bathroom and a few minutes later my other friend comes telling me that the people in front of us are not happy and were talking about getting security. My sick friend and I left our pures in the theater and she also left her shoes. I had to go get our stuff. I didn't even realized when I grabbed her purse it had puke on it because it was dark. We then left the theater bcause we didn't want to get kicked out. It is agiasnt theater rules to bring in alcohol and we didn't want to get banned.

We ended up at Jack and the Box to get her food and then to my house to let he sober up because she didn't want to go home drunk because her mom would get mad, which I can't understand why, she is a grown woman at 23 and if she wants to drink she is of age. My mom came home and she thought it was funny and helped us in getting her sober by giving her tips.
I had a skype call with my FI and he thought it was so funny. He wants to see the movie when he comes out here so I might actually get to see the whole movie with my FI.

When the first Sex and the City movie came out I was working at the theater and it was the busiest time and they say during that movie was the most alcohol they had ever found in the theater at one single time.

Re: Add this to another reason why I don't want to see this movie on Sat.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Not me. I haven't had a wine cooler since Freshman year in college. Have they improved since 1991?

My friend asked me to go with her, and I don't have more pressing plans, so there ya go.

I hear it was long, and not good.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes, she said it twice.. I'm not sure how it adds to her otherwise fab story.
  • Options
    *Barbie**Barbie* member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i have off next Friday, so i may go to the morning show - we have a bunch of AMC's around and they have $5 shows on Fri/Sat/Sun before noon. 
  • Options
    zsazsa-stlzsazsa-stl member
    First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited December 2011

Questions:

Don't wine coolers have like 4% alcohol or something?  I would get sick from the sugar before I would get sick from the alcohol.

Why are 23 year old girls interested in this movie?  The TV show was pointed at the 30+ crowd and everyone has just gotten older since then. 

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    zsazsa-stlzsazsa-stl member
    First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    hot post too soon...

Why is getting drunk in a movie a fun thing to do?  It's not a social setting.  You line up and stare at a screen.  No dancing, no flirting, no need for booze.

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    *Barbie**Barbie* member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i avoid going to movies at night for a few reasons:

1) drunk people
    2) big crowds
    3) 2x as expensive.
  • Options
    baconsmombaconsmom member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I forgot that in other places you can buy alcohol at the CVS. 

Why get drunk? If the movie's that bad, why are you paying to see it? 
  • Options
    HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    If I had to drink that much to get through a movie, I might just skip the movie.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've hearding nothing good about this movie. I'll stay home and drink, thank you very much.
  • Options
    VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    I have no intention of seeing this movie.  I never thought the show was anything but a mans fantasy of how a woman acted.  The one episode I saw and the absolute CRAP Ive read from these otherwise seemingly intelligent female actresses about the movie make me feel like my opinion is totally justified.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards