New York-New York City

Staten Island/ Brooklyn engagement party

hey everyone, 

So my mom and dad are being super nice and throwing us an engagement party. My mom wants me to be supper involved with the planning of the party. We went to go see the Old Bermuda Inn on Staten Island and we both loved it. Our wedding will have a vintage theme and so its perfect. Butt it turns out its completely booked ... and the dates they do have open dont work for family. So now we need to find a new place. The problem is everything just seems so crappy compared to that place. Does anyone have any nice suggestions for places in Staten Island or Brooklyn? My mom was talking about the Marina cafe but we wouldnt have a private room and that just seems weird to me.

Thanks!

Re: Staten Island/ Brooklyn engagement party

• edited December 2011
    What about the Staaten?  I was actually impressed the last time I was there, it was much better than I thought I remembered it being.

Or the Island Chateau?  I haven't been there in forever but supposedly it's nice now that they redid the place.
    Helene (Nova726)'s book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    How many people are you expecting? I happen to think Angelina's is gorgeous. Especially during the warmer months, you can use the deck space and it's right on the water. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • JennasourusJennasourus member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hey girls thank you for the suggestions! I LOVE Angelina's i have never even heard of that place before but it looks gorgeous!!!

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-new-york-city_staten-island-brooklyn-engagement-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:114Discussion:036e554a-9a06-49e9-9e86-7d2c3a3c5d0fPost:546f7e8a-dbc3-40a2-a680-a22e95b8b0fd">Re: Staten Island/ Brooklyn engagement party</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey Cuppycake- we got engaged around the same time and are planning our weddings around the same time as well- i'm planning for 2/2012. There aren't too many February brides..
    Posted by LisaFapple[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh awesome! Congratulations! No there isn't many at all. We're unique ;)</div>
  • edited December 2011

We have having our wedding reception Nicotra's Ballroon at the hilton. You should check it out

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Lola MinnieLola Minnie member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

My engagement party was actually at the Old Bermuda Inn!

Agree with pp about Angelina's.  I haven't been to that location yet (there was a previous Angelina's in Annadale) but heard it is awesome.

Your mom may have thought of the Marina Grand which is across the street from the Marina Cafe and holds parties.  I have been to a few engagement parties at the Marina Grand and think that's another great fit for you.

Excelsior Grand on hylan actually holds really nice parties & good food.

Aside from those, maybe see minimum requirements at the Hilton or Vanderbilt.

Good luck!

• DandT1206DandT1206 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I went to a baby shower a couple of years ago at Marina Grand and it was a private room... good food too (from what I remember lol)

I also went to a bridal shower at Marina Cafe. While it wasn'ta  private room, they did put up screens to block off the area.  It was still nice. 

• lizzonyclizzonyc member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had mine at Arianas in New Dorp...they have a new loft room upstairs with a dancefloor and bar...I have some pics in my bio if you're interested...We fit 110 people and I think it was around $50 a person with apps, buffet dinner, and alcohol

HTH and good luck!
    Married 10/10/10 Baby due 10/03/11 BabyFetus Ticker Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker My Bio/Blog...updated 9/01
  • edited December 2011
    How about Russo's on the Bay in Howard Beach?
  • JennasourusJennasourus member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hey everyone.

We booked our party at La Stradas in Staten Island. thanks for all your help!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards