Wedding Etiquette Forum

Night Thread

Re: Night Thread

• I love getting deals like that, ski! 
  • heb557heb557 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    J & K sorry to hear about Box Kitty. I agree to check with your vet. I know the kennel around here charges an extra fee to give meds, but it's still an option with them.
    We're Married!! And I couldn't be happier!
  • angelstar975angelstar975 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited July 2012
    In Response to Re:Night Thread:In Response to Re:Night Thread:In Response to Re:Night Thread: I didn't know your H was a lawyer. What kind of law does he practice? FI was always really active as well, but other than law school, he's had a lot of personal stuff going on, so I see why he fell out of it. I think he'll get back into it soon though.Posted by angelstar975He's not. He knew his first year of law school that he never wanted to practice law, and in the middle of his third year his girlfriend of 5 years went seriously psycho, so he just dropped out and moved back home to get away from her. Kinda sucks that we're paying his loans for it now, but for the cost it'd take to go back, he might as well go get a degree in something he actually wants to do, lol. Posted by Anysunrise[/QUOTE] Law school is so expensive, it's crazy. FI also had some psycho gf issues in law school his first and second year. I came into the picture halfway through his second year and he'd already been through a lot of shiiiiit with her.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • YAY!!!  I thought I would announce that one of my good friends made it through her surgery for a tethered cord amazingly and they think this will really help her with some of the problems she has been having.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • J&K - I'm sorry Box Kitty isn't doing well.  I can't vouch for it cause I've never used it, but Care.com does pet care as well as child care.   And a lot of people seem to swear by the child care aspect of the website.  You may be able to find someone to do the mid-day meds as a trial before you leave so Box Kitty is used to the person by the time you go on vacation?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-thread-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dc093487-0318-4c3b-a8b6-a661e3cd4c52Post:aed592aa-2e9b-4942-a1f4-027902332b75">Re:Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Night Thread: Gotcha. FI also had some psycho gf issues in law school his first and second year. I came into the picture halfway through his second year and he'd already been through a lot of shiiiiit with her.
    Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE]

<div>Yeah, I think we "met" a year after he had moved back home. He let me listen to some of the phone messages he had from her (recorded because at the time she was threatening to sue him, and charge him with assault, and a whole bunch of other sh*t she was making up in her head to get him to stay). Bitches be craaaazy.</div>
  • Ugh, that sucks, J. And your inlaws refuse to do it?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-thread-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dc093487-0318-4c3b-a8b6-a661e3cd4c52Post:2a0de227-6b4d-4a92-83d9-c8bf9349657b">Re: Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]J&K - I'm sorry Box Kitty isn't doing well.  I can't vouch for it cause I've never used it, but Care.com does pet care as well as child care.   And a lot of people seem to swear by the child care aspect of the website.  You may be able to find someone to do the mid-day meds as a trial before you leave so Box Kitty is used to the person by the time you go on vacation?
    Posted by Loopyseven[/QUOTE]

We thought about something like this, but we just don't have much faith that anyone else will be able to medicate her.  I mean, we can barely medicate her some days still, and we're the only people in the whole world she likes.  I'm just scared that we'd hire someone, and she would attack them and their wounds would get infected or something and they'd sue us.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • In Response to Re:Night Thread:[QUOTE]Jamp;K I'm sorry Box Kitty isn't doing well. nbsp;I can't vouch for it cause I've never used it, but Care.com does pet care as well as child care. nbsp; And a lot of people seem to swear by the child care aspect of the website. nbsp;You may be able to find someone to do the midday meds as a trial before you leave so Box Kitty is used to the person by the time you go on vacation? Posted by Loopyseven[/QUOTE]

This is a good idea. I love Care.com for finding nanny jobs and I've seen some good pet sitting gigs there too. You may have to pay a lot bc she's so difficult with her meds, but I bet you could find someone who would do it.
  • LeiselEBLeiselEB member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2012
    Maybe someone that works at your vet's office could do it? 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-thread-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dc093487-0318-4c3b-a8b6-a661e3cd4c52Post:78f55a2e-3075-4b63-8be8-3754d97743e6">Re:Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ugh, that sucks, J. And your inlaws refuse to do it?
    Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE]

Yup.  They tried once, and she "threw a fit" and now they won't even try again.  And now they're mad that we're not taking her there while we're on vacation.  She spent the whole last weekend we were gone not eating and puking up stomach acid she was so stressed out by being there and not getting her meds.  Why the fuckkk would we bring her back for 9 days?!

• Oh J. This is hard. Where are you going on vacation? That has absolutely nothing to do with box kitty, I'm just curious. 

I think the vet tech/ vet idea sounds promising.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-thread-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dc093487-0318-4c3b-a8b6-a661e3cd4c52Post:b57c57dc-f726-4364-b1ef-de2f1ba98cf3">Re: Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Night Thread : We thought about something like this, but we just don't have much faith that anyone else will be able to medicate her.  I mean, we can barely medicate her some days still, and we're the only people in the whole world she likes.  I'm just scared that we'd hire someone, and she would attack them and their wounds would get infected or something and they'd sue us.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

The vet tech is a good idea.  They would be have experience giving meds to an animal that is not keen on the idea.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I hadn't considered asking the vet if they've got someone that would come to do it in our home....interesting idea.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-thread-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dc093487-0318-4c3b-a8b6-a661e3cd4c52Post:2413b327-500a-4548-95ed-1cba5d5ef7d7">Re: Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh J. This is hard. Where are you going on vacation? That has absolutely nothing to do with box kitty, I'm just curious.  I think the vet tech/ vet idea sounds promising.
    Posted by ErinG93[/QUOTE]

We're going to Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons.  I'm super excited.

• J, sorry to hear that about Box Kitty. I think the idea to ask the vet tech is a good one.
  • If your vet's office doesn't have someone that could do it, you might at least try care.com and see if anyone is experienced with something like this. 
  • Hi guys. I haven't read the thread, I just got home from work. 

Sorry to hear about box kitty, J. 

I also use care.com to find tutoring jobs, and I always see a ton of pet care jobs.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-thread-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:dc093487-0318-4c3b-a8b6-a661e3cd4c52Post:9ed20a1d-886b-402e-826d-00dfb99c6451">Re: Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]I hadn't considered asking the vet if they've got someone that would come to do it in our home....interesting idea.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

If your small animal vet can't accomodate you might want to check with some large animal practices since they're on the road more. It would depend on how rural you are. A cat groomer may also be able to handle her.
  • Harry - use Tinypic.com for your photo. You can set it to the right size (340xsomething). I use that for my sig pics.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-thread-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dc093487-0318-4c3b-a8b6-a661e3cd4c52Post:46565cf4-aadd-4b4e-bfa9-04e7cce55a94">Re:Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Night Thread : Darn. Maybe Box kitty would actually benefit from some occassional anit-anxiety medication? My kitty was put on kitty prozac for a while because she wouldn't eat / would puke from my grandparents visiting. 
    Posted by Harry87[/QUOTE]

Well, she's on gabapentin for her disorder, which also has anxiolytic effects.  We wanted to try to avoid meds as much as possible, and the gaba was working really well for the past 6 weeks. 

• J&K - I think you should swing through Denver on your way out west :).
  • Can I be obnoxious again and ask your opinion on a dress? I have a free rental from Rent the Runway, and I want to use it for a dress for this wedding I'm going to in a few weeks. Which of these do ya'll like best for a cocktail party type reception?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-thread-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dc093487-0318-4c3b-a8b6-a661e3cd4c52Post:4b147555-e73f-4425-be8d-c3861f260629">Re: Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Harry - use Tinypic.com for your photo. You can set it to the right size (340xsomething). I use that for my sig pics.
    Posted by wrigleyville[/QUOTE]

<div>Or you can add width="300px" or height="300px" after your pic link but before the closing > in the sig code.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-thread-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dc093487-0318-4c3b-a8b6-a661e3cd4c52Post:9d34fc13-d162-49e5-9516-df78ed88913d">Re: Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Can I be obnoxious again and ask your opinion on a dress? I have a free rental from Rent the Runway, and I want to use it for a dress for this wedding I'm going to in a few weeks. Which of these do ya'll like best for a cocktail party type reception?
    Posted by LeiselEB[/QUOTE]

<div>I think I like the third one best.</div>
  • Leisel, I really like the second one!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-thread-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dc093487-0318-4c3b-a8b6-a661e3cd4c52Post:4fc1c5f3-b9c7-4ccf-8c35-780ed7f97de2">Re: Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]J&K - I think you should swing through Denver on your way out west :).
    Posted by Loopyseven[/QUOTE]

We have a 3 hour layover there!

• I like #3, very pretty
  • heb557heb557 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-thread-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dc093487-0318-4c3b-a8b6-a661e3cd4c52Post:9d34fc13-d162-49e5-9516-df78ed88913d">Re: Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Can I be obnoxious again and ask your opinion on a dress? I have a free rental from Rent the Runway, and I want to use it for a dress for this wedding I'm going to in a few weeks. Which of these do ya'll like best for a cocktail party type reception?
    Posted by LeiselEB[/QUOTE]

<div>I like the last 2. Are there color choices?</div>
    We're Married!! And I couldn't be happier!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards