New Hampshire

Looking for a Reception Site????

Hi All,
I am newly engaged, and so excited.  We have been together for 8 1/2 years now, and are finally going to plan a wedding.  We have talked of different things over the past few years, and we know we want a somewhat unique wedding reception.  Our wedding is scheduled for May 7, 2011 at the Saint Anselm Abbey Church.  That will actually be our 10 year anniversary!!!

Anyway, we are hoping to find a neat venue and I need your help! We don't want BVI or your basic hotel.  I was looking at Zorvino Vineyard, but want to look at more than one place.  I am trying to get infomation together so we can go visit after the new year and be prepared.
Thanks for your help!!!
:) Bethany

Re: Looking for a Reception Site????

• edited December 2011
    A great resource is the NH Knotties list (link in my siggy).  It lists a ton of places that past Knotties have had their receptions.
    Welcome and good luck!
    Anniversary Buying A Home
  • Luv2Cook27Luv2Cook27 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome Bethany!
    The PP has the best info
    And I believe I know you :) 
    Congrats and happy planning. 
    ~*Emily*~
    Wedding Bio

Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I was thinking the same thing Emily... I think we know you :)

Welcome!
  • tenerimetenerime member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!! Zorvinos is awesome it's got gorgeous character and it's totally different than a lot of the places I've seen. There are so many places to look in NH, I'm sure you'll find one that perfect for you! Happy planning! 
  • edited December 2011
    Zorvinos is very nice.

Promises to Keep-Derry
    Brookstone-Derry  (went there last Wed it is very nice and the food is soooo good.)

That's all we have looked at in NH sorry we keep leaning towards MA.
  • edited December 2011
    The girls have given you great advice :) 

I just wanted to say hi and Welcome to the board!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I wanted to say hi and welcome as well! 

We were married at BVI last year, and I know it's not at the top of your list, but keep it in mind!  They were a fantastic venue, and it was convenient for all of our guests to get to via highway and airport.

Happy planning!
  • edited December 2011

Hello, I am getting married at Zorvino Vineyard in Sept 2010... they have been absolutely wonderful to work with thus far and I can not wait until our big day. Good luck with your search!

• Shed452Shed452 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You do know me ;) hehe! I set up my undername not realizing that it would post on here, but that is ok.
    Anyway, thank you for your help.  What is PP? I am trying to figure out the lingo!

Thanks! :)
  • edited December 2011
    PP is previous post.  Also, if you click on FAQ on the left sidebar, there is a whole list of lingo.  I know it really helped me!
    Anniversary Buying A Home
  • shawnalinshawnalin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We recieved so many wonderful compliments on Zorvino Vineyards.  It is unique.  We had a candy bar and photo booth that were an absolute hit too!  Good Luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi! What's your name (getting married at Saint A's) That is too funny :) I'll be getting married at Saint A's too....though I'm not yet officially engaged...anyways my name is jacki Kinsman and I graduated in '07 you?....Good luck!..Check out the Sheraton Harborside in Portsmouth.....gorgeous and great rates!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards