Getting in Shape

Cardio Hip Hop Videos?

So, I just went out and bought a Cardio Hip Hop Video.. Something like Dance Off the Inches.... and let me just say, I don't think I will ever be able to move my body that way.
Have any of you tried videos like this? I danced for 11 years of my childhood, but that was ballet. This stuff is nuts. And I'm sure I look absolutely ridculous doing it.. It's almost discouraging. I'm thinking of trying a kick boxing video instead... thoughts?

Re: Cardio Hip Hop Videos?

• I tried a hip hop video...I've decided, I'm definitely not a dancer. It's not even fun for me because it's so hard for me to follow/keep up. I have a kickboxing DVD that I absolutely adore! And I just started the Insanity workout. I LOVE IT. I highly recommend it. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Have you looked into the NYC ballet workout?

It's not for the weak of heart but with a ballet background I found it quite a workout but still doable based on remembered movements from previous years of dance.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_cardio-hip-hop-videos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:ffaf6fa5-6b13-4a1a-9bce-cfe3dc751292Post:644b3755-7dfd-4e72-9100-74ba2d3aaa5f">Re: Cardio Hip Hop Videos?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Have you looked into the NYC ballet workout? It's not for the weak of heart but with a ballet background I found it quite a workout but still doable based on remembered movements from previous years of dance.
    Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]

<div>I didn't know one existed! I think I might just end up depressed if I try that haha. I'm not nearly as flexible as I used to be and will probably be very disappointed that I'm not the tiny dancer I used to be! </div><div>
    </div><div>I think I"m going to look into a kick boxing video! For beginners of course! Any suggestions on a good one?</div>
  • I really like the 10 minute solution Kickboxing Boot Camp. It's not too difficult, but still a challenge. There are 5 ten minute segments. You can mix and match or do them all together for a great 50 min total body workout. Or if you're short on time you can just do one. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh man OP I am with you on this one... I have been dancing at some capacity since I was 4! Ballet, lyrical... even Hip Hop which I did for two years and the videos suck... and here's why...

THink about the difference... when you dance in a studio you run over the moves half a dozen times... an work your way up to the combination... also... your dancing in front of a MIRROR... who'd have thunk ti would make such a differencve... when your looking at a TV you have to do everything opposite... like their left is your right... and when they step backward you step backward not towards them... needless to say I gave up... I was trying so hard to just mimic the moves I wasnt putting in a full effort.. I didnt have the patience to see them through to fruitition...

The only work out videos I do are the p90X ones... I did their cardio one on Weds night and felt it through Sat morning... and I'm in good shape!! I also do the Bosu Yoga video from time to time as well... but we all have our preferances... Good Luck whatever your decisions!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards