Not Engaged Yet
Options

I'm engaged

I thought I would share real quick for those who didn't hear my story. We just got back from the Bahamas tonight.  We had an awesome time and the weather was great.  I didn't want to leave. So before I go to bed here is the story:
We had dinner reservation Wednesday night at a really nice restaurant but we always do a "date night" thing when we go down there. Before he said lets walk through the Cloisters our favorite garden right next to our timeshare. As we were leaving I asked a few college kids who were there to come take our picture. They did and then FI asked one to use his camera, after one shot he one more please... as he said one more he got on his knees and pulled out the ring. I didn't know what was going on until he was down on one knee I also didn't know why one of the other college girls was going OMG. Luckily the girl taking the pics kept taking pics of him proposing and my reaction. One is on FI's FB page too. His mom brought down the ring with her when she came down the week before. I was nonstop crying and shaking the whole time.  The ring is so incredibly perfect. I am so happy and so lucky.

Anniversary

Re: I'm engaged

• Options
    Danser, I'm so happy for you!  Congrats!
    photo bridalparty.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Congrats!
    "You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." -Ray Bradbury 
  • Options
    YAY! I'm so so happy for you!  I love your story!  

Your ring looks beautiful!  What is your stone?  It looks almost purple from that shot.
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    It's a diamond it's super sparkly. This photo doesn't do the ring justice.

Anniversary

• Options
    Congratulations!!!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options
    Congratulations danser!!!
  • Options
    Whoohoo, I love it!  I was kinda like "uh, no punctuation in this title?!" but your post worked for me :)

It's lame you and your FI are gonna show up my FI and I with your dancing skills though :)  Maybe you can teach us some moves!
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Options
    I am so excited for you and your ring is GORG! 

• Options
    Danser!!! Oh my god!, Congrats! I am so happy for you you've been so patient and now yayyyyyy!
  • Options
    OMG Congratulations!! What a beautiful story and ring!!!
  • Options
    CONGRATS AGAIN!!!!!  I'm super excited for you!!!! <3
    I french with my man
  • Options
    Danser, I'm so happy for you!!! Such a sweet story and the ring is beautiful
  • Options
    Thanks everyone I am over the moon excited!!!!!!  I just wish I wasn't at work today.

Anniversary

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_im-engaged-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:94528803-880e-4dc1-92a7-5bc22fa41972Post:ecaf8b98-afa2-411a-b3cd-486ab3b63230">Re: I'm engaged</a>:
    [QUOTE]Whoohoo, I love it!  I was kinda like "uh, no punctuation in this title?!" but your post worked for me :) It's lame you and your FI are gonna show up my FI and I with your dancing skills though :)  Maybe you can teach us some moves!
    Posted by Blue & White[/QUOTE]

BF can't really dance, we've always said we wanted to take ballroom dance classes together so this may be the best time.

Anniversary

• Options
    OMG Danser! I'm incredibly excited and happy for you!! The ring is so beautiful...and I love the story. How fun to have photos of the moment and your reaction - that's one thing I wish I had. I hope you enjoy every minute of your engagement. It really is a fun time!
  • Options
    YAYYYYYY! I was definitely thinking this trip was going to be the one and I am SO excited for you!

The ring is gorgeous, the pic on your FIs FB page is adorable and I'm so very happy for you! Did I say that I'm happy for you? :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_im-engaged-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:94528803-880e-4dc1-92a7-5bc22fa41972Post:d957c79d-d378-422c-9c1e-4993ae9ae24f">Re: I'm engaged</a>:
    [QUOTE]YAYYYYYY! I was definitely thinking this trip was going to be the one and I am SO excited for you! The ring is gorgeous, the pic on your FIs FB page is adorable and I'm so very happy for you! Did I say that I'm happy for you? :)
    Posted by cu97tiger[/QUOTE]
    Thank you!

Anniversary

• Options
    I'm SO happy for you!!!!  Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    yay yay yay!  :)
  • Options
    Congratulations!  I was just thinking about you and am so very happy for you!  Yay!  Beautiful ring too!
    Meddied since 6/15/13!
  • Options
    Congrats! :)
  • Options
    YAY!!! Awesome story, awesome ring - congrats!!!!!!!!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yay! Congrats, danser! I am so happy for you! Also, what a cute story.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Yay!! I had a feeling too about that trip.

Congrats! :)
  • Options
    Congrats!!! The ring is beautiful. 
  • Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought this trip was going to be "the one." 

Your ring is stunning!! Congrats again!! 
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    Congratulations! Your story is so sweet! How fortuitous that those college students were right there and had the wits to keep on taking pictures while your fiance got down on one knee!

• Options
    I actually didn't think it would happen then, we planned the vacation so last minute and there has been so much going on with the home buying...

It was so perfect it was worth the wait.

Anniversary

• Options
    YAY!!! I'm extra excited because now I can tease you about inviting me to your wedding. Go get all the magazines! Enjoy every single minute of this time, promise? You're getting married!
  • Options
    Congrats!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards