Wedding Etiquette Forum

More FB asshattery

Just checked FB and one of H's friends (let's call her L) has left the following status updates within the past 48 hours (the bolding is from c&p-ing from FB):

L so much to blog a!out, too little time

L is busy blogging about the amazing weekend we just had.

L too many embarassing moments the past 2 weeks-sheesh! blogging about them soon!

L working today! wish I could blog-later maybe!

L so....i blogged about my embarrassement...have you ever done that??? check it out... [L's blog address]

What has happened to our society where we not only have to blog about every detail of life, but then also post about planning about blogging, thinking about blogging, and actively blogging? I don't even care about my own life this much.

Any annoying stories from today, FB or otherwise?

EDIT: Holy mother, sorry about the hugeness. I think I fixed it.

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko

Re: More FB asshattery

• I'm going to blog about her blogging about her blog.

My tree looks better IRL than in pics.  I want to show y'all, but I need to find my tree topper.
  • Not from my status feed- just the same girl I've written about over the past couple of weeks complaining that she had to wake up at 3am for her newborn baby. Because, you know, most newborns sleep through the night from day one...
  • I triple dog dare you to comment, "Do you ever live your life, or just blog about it?
  • Bec, I totally should.

thesun, maybe the baby's crying because it knows its mom whines on FB too much.

Btw, sorry again about the formatting. I cannot get those lines out and am too lazy to retype it manually.

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • There's this girl from like middle school who friended me....her status updates are painful.  Here's some samples:

Ok so, I'm not doing the rest pf the house 2day!!! My back is killing me from yesterday!! So, I hope 2morrow it will get done. Joe's sick so, I'll be taking the kids 2 the Out-laws myself!!! Hope y'all have a blessed day!!!

Up 4 the day!! Not sure what's up 4 the day!! Just hanging 4 now!! Hope y'all have a blessed day!!!

Well, we got home late last night or I guess I should say early this morning!! Needless 2 say because of that I woke Joe up late 4 work!! Here's @ work now but, ooopppssss!!! Well, have 2 get Arianna fed & then I hope she goes back 2 sleep 4 a little while!! I have 2 make my desserts 4 tomorrow!! Yay Thanksgiving is he...re!!! Hope y'all are having a great day!!

Everything that can be turned into a number, she makes sure she puts it....it's annoying...annoying on top of her annoying 18130759847589372935 posts a day!

~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fb-asshattery?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f5602239-c469-4b8e-882b-3dd10fc7958cPost:8388d10d-32e8-4772-867c-eb40d591a8b6">Re: More FB asshattery</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm going to blog about her blogging about her blog. My tree looks better IRL than in pics.  I want to show y'all, but I need to find my tree topper.
    Posted by bbyckes[/QUOTE]

Haha capri. Did you put up your tree today? Was it annoying?

• My sister posted something about getting another ticket today. She then got pissed when my mom found out because someone asked her about my sister getting a ticket. I ended up on the receiving end of my sister's tirade, apparently I was the one who told my mom because I was on FB today. Love it. She then went and changed her status to this: "doesn't give a s*** if it's posted on facebook, just because it is there does not give you the right to go speak to my parents about it. This my business and you disrespected me. I am incredibly hurt that you thought so low of me that you had to speak to my parents about it."
     Sometimes I think she is too dramatic for her own good.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • (points desperately to blog link in sig)

Oh wait. 
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fb-asshattery?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f5602239-c469-4b8e-882b-3dd10fc7958cPost:a69492bc-d215-4d4b-828e-b3c4fcdcb7cb">Re: More FB asshattery</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: More FB asshattery : Haha capri. Did you put up your tree today? Was it annoying?
    Posted by beatlesgirl25[/QUOTE]

It went up today complete with lights in our great room window.  It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.  I did most of the work (of course), but my son and FI came downstairs just in time to hang the bulbs.

Are you putting up a tree any time soon?
  • I have this friend that does nothing but post negative CNN stories on hers. It's like she's not happy unless she's complaining. I can't decide whether to ask her if she always has to be negative or to just hide her.
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fb-asshattery?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f5602239-c469-4b8e-882b-3dd10fc7958cPost:631df986-040d-4c24-a497-23b91c1bc952">Re: More FB asshattery</a>:
    [QUOTE] She then went and changed her status to this: " doesn't give a s*** if it's posted on facebook, just because it is there does not give you the right to go speak to my parents about it. This my business and you disrespected me. I am incredibly hurt that you thought so low of me that you had to speak to my parents about it."  Sometimes I think she is too dramatic for her own good.
    Posted by Amivy06[/QUOTE]

Passive aggressive much?  I would have been cracking up big time over this. I don't even know your sister, but this made me laugh.
  • edited December 2009
    Brie, don't even go there. First of all, your blog is actually helpful and interesting. And second of all, you're not all up in our faces all the live long day about thinking about starting to contemplate about planning when to write your blog. So thank you for that. :)

Amivy, sorry but your sister sounds kinda immature. Does she realize it's her fault for posting on FB?

Capri, we're hopefully gonna put up our tree this weekend. I'm excited. Not only did I get surprised with a bunch of Christmas ornaments from each guest at my shower (thanks sister/MOH!), but I saved a dried petal from each of my floral arrangements and bouquets from the wedding and am hoping to make an ornament with them. Like in a glass ball or something. You should post pics when they're ready! I love seeing other people's holiday decor.

• edited December 2009
    How about a 35yr old who is obsessed with her local football team? Her local HIGH SCHOOL football team?!? Oh, and One Tree Hill. And her on-again, off-again every 3 weeks boyfriend. Again, she's 35...

i seriously dont have anything more important 2 say right now other than GO BIG RED!!! its game time & we are gonna go all tha way!!!!

thas rite RED DEVILS win again! i love those boys!! so proud! home vs salisbury next week at home! GO BIG RED!!!

OMG!!! let me say this 1 more time in case u all 4got! ONE TREE HILL is freakin FABULOUS!!!

theres no need 2 argue. sumtimes ppl just dont get it!!!

just dont give up im workin it out. pls dont give in, i wont let u down. it messed me up, needa second 2 breathe. just keep coming around. hey, whataya want from me whataya want from me...

GO BIG RED GO BIG RED GO BIG RED!!!

I AM SO FREAKIN PROUD OF MY RED DEVILS I CAN HARDLY BREATHE!!!

Still so excited that my RED DEVILS won last nite & are headed back 2 chapel hill!!! they are amazing!

hey just in case yall didnt hear... WE GOIN 2 THA SHIP!!! we are all behind u guys! and coach bazzle - WE BELIEVE!!!! GO BIG RED!

glad i have a job, but dang its monday again? glad im alive, but i'd like 2 be at home. glad my RED DEVILS are so freakin fabulous! and thas all... Lol

ahhh one tree hill...

• Yup, she is pretty immature. My dad said the same thing to her about posting things on FB. Her response to that was fun, I don't remember what it was at this point.

• LVB, I know what you mean. There's this guy on my friends list who posts all these news commentaries and editorials all day about the press or government obfuscating this that or the other. It sounds like a big inside joke that only he gets, yet I still end up feeling stupid for not having time to read all his stories and agree or disagree with him. Dude, take your political commentaries elsewhere.

• Bec, no offense, but I think I hate her.
  • Bec: Wow, that's a little much, lol.
  • Bec, sumtimes u just don't get it. Btw, the crazy big font from the FB c&p is actually quite appropriate for your friend's Big Red rantings. ;)

• I don't mind the ocassional wtf story. But does every single thing you post have to be some negative news story? Really?
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • Sorry about the size! I can't fix it! I'm an idiot. But not as big an idiot as she is! :)

I seriously try to unfriend her, but then who would me and my sister make fun of daily?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fb-asshattery?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f5602239-c469-4b8e-882b-3dd10fc7958cPost:09032b83-4420-49f9-bb6f-c612a50f6263">Re: More FB asshattery</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't mind the ocassional wtf story. But does every single thing you post have to be some negative news story? Really?
    Posted by louisvillebride21[/QUOTE]

Yeah, what a debbie downer. We all know the world's fucked up, that's why we have FB for silly food updates and song lyrics.

I also have a friend who continuously updates, then "likes" her own update, THEN comments underneath it first. It's really something to see.

• I have some political douchebags friended as well. I really need to weed out the idiots.

The girl quoted above also does MySpace pics for her profile. All shot from a camera phone, all shot from above, with stupid looking dramatic eye make up. And it changes every couple of days. How many myspace headshots can you have?!?
  • Sadly, some people think you can never have enough Myspace headshots. My 27 year old friend is one of them. She's the one who still shops at Hot Topic. She posts all of her headshots, most of them basically the same only her lip is poutier. It makes me sad for her.

Bec, you can't weed out the crazies. How else can we get perspective on how not-crazy we truly are?

• Bec that was amazing.  You made me smile by posting that!
  • edited December 2009
    I have a cousin with some serious daddy-issues and zero self-esteem (though she fakes it).

She constantly posts about her whoring around; the latest boyfriend, how she is so in love, how drunk she is/was, her cleavage...and then the dramatic breakups. Every now and then she will post about how she is unhappy and would like some advice on how to turn her life around.

Two days later she is back to whoring around and being "so waaasted!"

My entire family is on FB, so I can only imagine how impressed her parents are.

Not that I was always a saint in my younger years, but I sure did not post about it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards