Chit Chat

Am I the only one who thinks this is a little AW-ish?

http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_diy_diy-creative-save-the-date

Everyone on DIY seemed to think it was cute... Idk to me it was very eye-roll-y..
158 Invited image | 68 will be there image |6 can't make it image | 84 still need to reply! image
RSVP Deadline: 4/6/13
4/26/13 March Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaid Dresses

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Am I the only one who thinks this is a little AW-ish?

• Not AW enough to post it here after you already responded to the OP. 
  • In Response to Re:Am I the only one who thinks this is a little AWish?:[QUOTE]Not AW enough to post it here after you already responded to the OP.nbsp; Posted by misssunshine17[/QUOTE]

Well seeing as its from a few days ago the only way you'd see I responded is by me posting it so don't act like you've heard my reaction enough times to make it annoying.
    158 Invited image | 68 will be there image |6 can't make it image | 84 still need to reply! image

• Also Ill remember that for the dozens of times people post someone else's dramatic nonsense that they've already responded to for everyone else to see. Ha

• In Response to Re:Am I the only one who thinks this is a little AWish?:[QUOTE]Eh.nbsp; I personally find paper STDs plastered with pictures of the couplenbsp;AWish.nbsp; Same for photo thank you cards after the wedding.nbsp;nbsp; I don't see this as much different.nbsp; It just comes with sound. Posted by Sleeper2013[/QUOTE]

At least you don't have to listen to post cards for 5 minutes.. I think this is a perfect example of some couples thinking their special day is just so much more specialer than everyone else. I think the purpose of STDs is to have something to serve as a reminder not to make any plans on a certain day.. And a video that you'll never watch again doesn't seem to fulfill that purpose.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_am-i-the-only-one-who-thinks-this-is-a-little-aw-ish?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:3fc2887d-c8c0-49f5-bb58-96a266bac0cdPost:6bf5fa10-3a82-4de7-a49a-44a320dfdb05">Re:Am I the only one who thinks this is a little AWish?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Am I the only one who thinks this is a little AWish?: At least you don't have to listen to post cards for 5 minutes.. I think this is a perfect example of some couples thinking their special day is just so much more specialer than everyone else. <strong>I think the purpose of STDs is to have something to serve as a reminder not to make any plans on a certain day.. And a video that you'll never watch again doesn't seem to fulfill that purpose.</strong>
    Posted by allychase[/QUOTE]

<div>While I agree with some points you've made you seem to be having a really averse reaction to this. You didn't have to watch the video if you didn't want to, and since you're not going to the wedding you'll never have to watch it again.</div><div>
    </div><div>Also, we're date twins, albeit a year apart, happy 4 months away!</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary 
  • Holy crap that was...um....I'm at a loss for words.  I was wondering where the hell they were from and then when they said the wedding was going to be in LA I figured it all made sense.  The two of them are pretty damn dramatic.  They must be in theater or trying to break into the business.  It was like a train wreck and then I had to watch the subsequent videos they made.  
  • AdeleDazeemAdeleDazeem member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2012
    I really hate internet videos in general.  I'd rather *read* something than watch it.  So much faster!

I probably wouldn't even watch this if it arrived in my inbox.  Instead, I'd ask someone else the date for the wedding.
  • I didn't like it mostly because there was no information. Yeah, it gave the date which is all that really matters, but it was two minutes of them in the same room singing "save the date." If it was a close friend and it gave a lot of information or pictures or something, I might be more okay with it.
  • In Response to Re:Am I the only one who thinks this is a little AWish?:[QUOTE]In Response to Re:Am I the only one who thinks this is a little AWish?:In Response to Re:Am I the only one who thinks this is a little AWish?: At least you don't have to listen to post cards for 5 minutes.. I think this is a perfect example of some couples thinking their special day is just so much more specialer than everyone else. I think the purpose of STDs is to have something to serve as a reminder not to make any plans on a certain day.. And a video that you'll never watch again doesn't seem to fulfill that purpose.Posted by allychaseActually, you don't even have to watch it to get the information.nbsp; The mention of an upcoming wedding along with the date in question are listed just below the video.nbsp; Regardless, you seem way too concerned about someone else's wedding.Oh, and "specialer" is not a word. Posted by Sleeper2013[/QUOTE]

Lmao Way too concerned about someone else's wedding... You caught me. First time someone's posting something AWish on here

• In Response to Re:Am I the only one who thinks this is a little AWish?:[QUOTE]In Response to Re:Am I the only one who thinks this is a little AWish?:In Response to Re:Am I the only one who thinks this is a little AWish?: At least you don't have to listen to post cards for 5 minutes.. I think this is a perfect example of some couples thinking their special day is just so much more specialer than everyone else. I think the purpose of STDs is to have something to serve as a reminder not to make any plans on a certain day.. And a video that you'll never watch again doesn't seem to fulfill that purpose.Posted by allychaseWhile I agree with some points you've made you seem to be having a really averse reaction to this. You didn't have to watch the video if you didn't want to, and since you're not going to the wedding you'll never have to watch it again.Also, we're date twins, albeit a year apart, happy 4 months away! Posted by kristbot[/QUOTE]

Lol I'm really not that concerned I promise, I'm not the first person to post an interesting, to say the least, video. Yay for date twins :

• Too be honest, when I first saw it and saw the couple was from LA, I thought it might be my oldest sister, it wasn't her. She is very much AWish when it comes to things(was in the past when I spoke to her, I doubt she has changed since we stopped speaking).

For me, if I received a link for a Youtube STD, I'd probably mean to look at it and forget about it. I personally like STDs that I can put on my fridge or above my desk so I can remember to add it to my calender.
    You never lose by loving. You always lose by holding back. - Barbara DeAngelis
  • I love that there's a free link to download the song to your mp3, just in case you wanted to hear them sing Save the date 113 times in 2 and a half minutes

• I actually thought the song was cute, but for a save the date?  No way.  I don't have patience like that, and it's not like I can put that up on my fridge and remember when and where to book tickets to.  Cute, but annoying.  Definitely annoying.
  • I agree that was corny as hell. Very AWish. Look at us! We're goodlooking! And we can sing! And we're in love! This one's worse... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v1u1PvlfgtUssnsem
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersFollow Me on Pinterest
  • melissanjoe21melissanjoe21 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2012
    It was cute.  Since they are strangers to us its probably more corny to us.  There family is probably use to them or expect something like this.  They could have gotten the point across in 30 seconds though.

We didn't do any STD so what do I know.
  • I thought it was a little longer than it needed to be, and I can't stick a disc to my fridge.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards