Wedding Etiquette Forum

"That's the only way to deal with ugliness; you have to blow it up!"

No lie, that was the final line from a Swedish design show I was just watching. 

Also, I just had the best jam ever- raspberry/rhubarb.  Nom. 

What have you tried recently that was surprisingly delicious?

Re: "That's the only way to deal with ugliness; you have to blow it up!"

• I bought some jam when I was in Paris that was raspberry lavender. It was A-MAZING. Actually, I still have some at home... I predict some nommings in my immediate future....
  • Lingonberry.

I'd never heard of it and my mom got the Swedish Crepes at IHOP the other day and let me taste. It was really good!
  • This is gonna sound gross, and no one will agree with me, but I just had pickled cauliflower for the first time last night. I love it, and most other pickled vegetables.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Caprese grilled cheese sandwich.  Good crusty bread, pesto, fresh mozzarella slices, tomato slices, a slice of proscioutto.  Holy crap, I'm a genius.  (not really)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thats-only-way-deal-ugliness-blow-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2d5306b2-d255-4c86-8b14-3281526d6e32Post:5880acbe-caab-4d27-ad93-399f48b93ef3">Re: "That's the only way to deal with ugliness; you have to blow it up!"</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is gonna sound gross, and no one will agree with me, but I just had pickled cauliflower for the first time last night. I love it, and most other pickled vegetables.
    Posted by laurenclaire1386[/QUOTE]

Nope, not gross at all! 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thats-only-way-deal-ugliness-blow-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2d5306b2-d255-4c86-8b14-3281526d6e32Post:553c8b63-685e-43ee-a8c3-057b11997911">Re: "That's the only way to deal with ugliness; you have to blow it up!"</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: "That's the only way to deal with ugliness; you have to blow it up!" : Nope, not gross at all! 
    Posted by Stackeye210[/QUOTE]
    I'm glad someone else likes pickled stuff. The last time I mentioned it, I got a lot of "holy hell that's gross."
  • edited May 2010
    I tried pickles for the first time Wednesday. Yummmm.

Edit- I meant FRIED pickles!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Sorry LC, that was my first thought too- gross!! :D

I'm scared to try the lingonberry for some reason.  But they do have lingonberry soda here... Hmm
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thats-only-way-deal-ugliness-blow-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2d5306b2-d255-4c86-8b14-3281526d6e32Post:403020e7-860f-4b02-9938-d9125de27c42">Re: "That's the only way to deal with ugliness; you have to blow it up!"</a>:
    [QUOTE]I tried pickles for the first time Wednesday. Yummmm.
    Posted by kkchisholm[/QUOTE]
    How does one go through 20 something years of life without eating a pickle?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thats-only-way-deal-ugliness-blow-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2d5306b2-d255-4c86-8b14-3281526d6e32Post:403020e7-860f-4b02-9938-d9125de27c42">Re: "That's the only way to deal with ugliness; you have to blow it up!"</a>:
    [QUOTE]I tried pickles for the first time Wednesday. Yummmm.
    Posted by kkchisholm[/QUOTE]

WHHAAAAT?  Boy have you missed out.  Fried pickles are the Yummiest! 
  • LC I meant FRIED pickles...haha left out that key word.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oooooh, that makes much more sense! I love the hell outta fried pickles.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thats-only-way-deal-ugliness-blow-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2d5306b2-d255-4c86-8b14-3281526d6e32Post:fa733cda-4efb-4a53-857b-9ac207d9c212">Re: "That's the only way to deal with ugliness; you have to blow it up!"</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sorry LC, that was my first thought too- gross!! :D I'm scared to try the lingonberry for some reason.  But they do have lingonberry soda here... Hmm
    Posted by AmoroAgain[/QUOTE]

It was sweet...almost like grapes meet cherry.
  • Amoro, you're missing a some heavenly goodness. I do feel like a porker after I eat them though, because Elvis liked them and I start thinking about him stuffed into that white rhinestoned jumpsuit like a sausage with a bad wig.
  • I have not had anything different lately.  Booo :(

I love anything with rhubarb, so that sounds delish!
    Photobucket
  • Fried pickles = love.
  • LC, have you had pickled watermelon rind?  I can't stand it, but a lot of people here really like it.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thats-only-way-deal-ugliness-blow-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:2d5306b2-d255-4c86-8b14-3281526d6e32Post:2de8d682-c06e-4d63-9061-4d6522dcf194">Re: "That's the only way to deal with ugliness; you have to blow it up!"</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: "That's the only way to deal with ugliness; you have to blow it up!" : How does one go through 20 something years of life without eating a pickle?
    Posted by laurenclaire1386[/QUOTE]

I only eat sweet pickles. Dill makes me nauseus
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thats-only-way-deal-ugliness-blow-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2d5306b2-d255-4c86-8b14-3281526d6e32Post:ce98250c-c277-4b20-9939-ee7c00cfcfdc">Re: "That's the only way to deal with ugliness; you have to blow it up!"</a>:
    [QUOTE]LC, have you had pickled watermelon rind?  I can't stand it, but a lot of people here really like it.
    Posted by squirrly[/QUOTE]
    Nope, never heard of it. Although my love affair with anything pickled runs deep, I'm not sure how I feel about eating watermelon rind in any capacity. I'd try it though.
  • gross i hate sweet pickles!  Dill is the only way to go!
    Photobucket
  • Yummm... watermelon rind pickles. I miss them - not easy to find here.

LC, its the inside rind, not the outside part, and usually they're spicy (like clove/cinnamon) sweet and the juice is kind of thick.

I had Panera's mac n cheese and then another time their tomato mozzarella panini. Both - yummy goodness.

Then there was some crazy berry dessert topping at a place in Dallas. It was so-so.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Well when you put it like that Missy, it sounds pretty tasty. Pickled peaches are to die for.
  • mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    I love pickled cauliflower as a side to grilled cheese or anything really rich/fatty.
  • I went to a Cuban restaurant last night and had fried plantains for the first time.  I've been thinking about them ever since.  My mouth started watering just typing that.
    Abigail Rose, EDD 6/8/13 BabyFetus Ticker

Nose Job Blog
  • rhubard and berries is an awesome combo.  my grandma always made jams and pies that included rhubarb.  that stuff grows liek weeds.

i had halibut last month.  i hate fish.  and man this halibut was amazing.  it was freshly caught though.

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards