Pre-wedding Parties

Bridesmaid tea

What do these usually consist of?  how can I pull a cute/ chic pre party without spending tons of $$? 
any ideas are appreciated!!

Re: Bridesmaid tea

• edited December 2011
    Teas do not have to expensive. Usually a variety of sweet and savory finger sized sandwiches and treats are served. Savory sandwich fillings could be egg salad, tuna salad, ham salad, thinly sliced turkey/ham/roast beef from the deli along with cheese and honey mustard, thinly sliced cucumber with  chive flavored cream cheese. Spread or fold fillings on croissants, mini bagels, sliced bread (remove crusts from sandwiches and cut in quarters.) For the sweet treats mini muffins, banana, cranberry or date bread with cream cheese or jelly, cookies, mini tarts. Decorate the sandwich platters with colorful garnishes such as radishes, cherry tomatoes, stuffed olives, parsley, berries......It's all in the presentation.

You can make many of these things a few days ahead, wrap tightly on their platters and refrigerate. The cookies, muffins and tea breads can be made a week or so ahead of time and frozen. Check the deli and bakery at your local supermarket for finger sandwich and pastry platters, if you don't want to make everything yourself.

Also google tea sandwiches for recipes and pictures.

You could serve tea, coffee and punch with the sandwiches. Be creative.

• edited December 2011
    A local salon has a bridal suite.  I plan on booking this and treating my girls (and myself) to manicures and pedicures.  Maybe have an adult beverage with some nice snacks. 

If you're set on having a tea, you might want to call around to local restaurants or small country inns.  I'm sure you'll find one or two places that can put on a tea for you.  A tea might run you $15 to 25 per person.  I know you don't want to spend a lot of money, but it might be easier for you to do this at a restaurant.  Would you really want to coordinate a tea all on your own the week of your wedding? Personally, I wouldn't.

Planning Bio ~ Updated 9/23/11

Wedding Countdown Ticker

D-Day is 11.5.11

128 invited 102 Party People 23 Party Poopers 3 Wishy Washies
    The harassment begins on 10.15.11!

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    Megan-check your PMs. I sent you an easy recipe.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards