Military Brides

Pass for the day after the wedding

OK FI is returning home from Iraq and thing will be rather crazy at work. We wont be taking our honeymoon until he can take block leave (so sad) in October. However, our weddng is on a Sunday and I m just worried FI will have to go o wrk on Monday. I know that is a ood possibility and w wont know till he is home and puts in for a pass the day after. But I just wish there was a little more wiggle room on how he uses his leave time.

M
Photobucket
My Aisle Runner

Photobucket
My DY invitation.

Re: Pass for the day after the wedding

• Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Putting off a honeymoon until october is nothing if your wedding is in September.  I am actually jealous of you since we got married July 30th and can't take a honeymoon until after her gets back from deployment in May (which was already supposed to be March and got changed).  So be happy you only have to wait a month.

He might have to go back to work on a Monday but there's really nothing you can do about it.  Just hope for the best, and don't let this be something that stresses you out since its something you can't control.  Just relax and hope for the best!

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    The only thing you can do is have him talk to his supervision and cross your fingers that they allow him to take that time.  Hopefully the manning isn't stretched that thin that his supervision would deny it.  Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be much else if he is unable to do anything until he returns.  But GOOD LUCK I hope he is able to get the day pass!!!
  • kyrgyzstankyrgyzstan member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    TBH, if I was leadership, I wouldn't be giving passes for that reason. I wouldn't want to encourage weddings that close to the end of a deployment. 

I'm not saying that to be mean, I'm saying that leadership doesn't want their troops making hasty decisions.
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • edited December 2011
    If he puts in a pass for Monday he has to include Sunday and Saturday because thats how the Military is....so he would need to put in for a 72 hour leave chit....which not to sound mean he probably won't get....they'll probably say if he wants Monday off he will have to put leave in for it.  I would suggest he just goes ahead and puts in for the leave so he doesn't have to worry about working after a long day the previous day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards