Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

flying with my dress tomorrow... advice?

i'm flying up to MN with my dress tomorrow (of course there is a layover). i'm already planning on getting to the gate really early so i can talk to the flight staff about possibly hanging the dress.

do you think if there isn't room to hang it (due to coats) they will let me fold it on my lap? I'm afraid someone with throw luggage on top of it in the overhead bins- they are so packed now with all of the extra baggage fees!

any suggestions? i'm really short, so i also thought about rolling it and putting it under the seat...

Re: flying with my dress tomorrow... advice?

• threemarie24threemarie24 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You wont be able to have it on your lap.  Hopefully you will get a nice flight attendant that will hang it in a coat closet, and good thing your short, I have heard of the end of the dress getting wrinkled because of the "crampness" off some of the closets.

Or you can wait until everyone boards the plane, then you can slide it on top of the other luggage over head.

Just remember sugar get you farther. Good luck, and tell us how it goes!
    imageimage

Congrats to my super sweet BFPB, veronicafvr, She's a SEP '11 momma

Married bio ? follow my boring blog Follow Me on Pinterest

• edited December 2011
    I'm a destination wedding bride and on that board, most of the ladies say that the flight attendants will take your dress and hang it for you.  Plus, it's not super cold yet, so I'm thinking people won't have big jackets to hang up.  I agree with PP if you can't get it hung up, and don't want it under your seat, wait until everyone has boarded and try to lay it over the suitcases. Good Luck~
  • edited December 2011
    i will def add that to my list of options!

i've already packed a stack of extra magazines to give out to flight staff as a thank-you! i will update tomorrow!
  • edited December 2011
    in case anyone checks this- the flight attendants for both flights back to MN were extremely nice. i introduced myself before boarding to let them know i had my dress, so when it was my turn to board on both flights they had left room for me to hang it.  yay :)
  • edited December 2011
    That's great!  I'm hoping that's the way it is when I fly from MN to Florida!
    edited December 2011
    Super excited for you, what a nice way to start the trip! :) 
    imageimage

edited December 2011
    Oh PS why did you have to fly with your dress? Did I miss something? 
    imageimage

edited December 2011
    Yeah, never mind! I read your Bio... love your vision by the way. 
    imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards