Connecticut
Options

Calling all Waters Edge Brides! Past, Present, and Future....

I'd love some advice and have some questions for anyone who is willing to help.

Hair/Makeup @ salon massimo?
Getting ready/ overnight stay at Waters Edge?
Rehearsal Dinner?
Officiants other then a JP?
Music?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Calling all Waters Edge Brides! Past, Present, and Future....

• Options
    calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For officiants and music, there's no reason to limit to just Waters Edge brides. Check out older threads with those topics to see all the suggestions!

Anniversary

• Options
    llinds7277llinds7277 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi!  I am getting married at Water's Edge next month :) 

I will be getting my hair done at Salon Massimo.  I had my trial there a little while ago and I loved my stylist - she did a great job and was really sweet!  All of the bridesmaids will be getting their hair done there as well. 

I am also staying at Water's Edge the night before with the girls.  FYI - we booked a 3 room suite and I thought we would be able to use it to get ready on the day of the wedding as well, but ti turns out we do have to check out by 3pm.  So make sure you either book the same room again for the next night or arrange to get ready in someone else's hotel room (we ended up upgrading our honeymoon room to a King with a sitting area, so we could have some more room). 

I'm not doing a rehearsal dinner there (although the food is really good!), I am having a JP and a DJ.  Let me know if there are any other questions I can help you with :)
    August 2011 Challenge: Honeymoon ~ Favorite E-Pics! Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at the Water's Edge in November.
       I am planning to use Beauty Entourage, but don't have my trial until the end of August...so i'll have to get back to you.  But, they travel to the Water's Edge (travel fee of $75).  We are having our rehearsal dinner at Cafe Routier, which is about 1/4 mile down the road.  The room is very nice, but only holds up to 40 people.  They also have a television iin the room in case you want to show a slideshow or video.  I am staying overnight in a suite the night before so the girls will all be able to get ready with lots of extra space.  The "complimentary" room that we get with the wedding package will be utilized for the guys to get ready in.  We did have to ask for early check-in for that room and since the wedding is on a friday in november there isn't a problem with availability.  We are having my Uncle, a JP marry us.  DJ Melee is our DJ.  He is soooo great and very very affordable.
       Hope this helps!!! 
  • Options
    tikki80tikki80 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at waters edge next year in April. I'm using DannaBarton for makeup and hair. There is $85 for travel fee to the resort. I havent decided yet about the rehearsal and the dj. Unfortunately,Dj melee is not available for my date! Looking for some idea about rehearsal too! sbseney21, would you mind if I ask for much do they charge at Cafe Routier for having a rehearsal there?
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi tikki80,
       The menu will be a-la-carte.... but the manager, Randy, estimated about $55 per person, not including drinks.  This was the only place I looked at because I fell in love with it, but he did say that $50-60 per person was pretty competitive for the area.  
        As an added bonus, each person will get a personalized menu made especially for our day (e.g. Sarah and Matt's Rehearsal Dinner on the inside.  There will be 2 options for an appetizer, 3 options for entree and 2 options for dessert.
  • Options
    tikki80tikki80 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for the info :)
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hair/Makeup @ salon massimo? I used Dana Bartone's salon and they traveled to me on my wedding day to my bridal suite at Waters Edge.

Getting ready/ overnight stay at Waters Edge? The suite they gave us for our complimentary overnight accomodations is what we used for the bridal suite. DH got ready in his best man's room which was down the hall. 

Rehearsal Dinner? We had a backyard caribbean bbq for our RD and it was perfect. So much better than a fancy overpriced restaurant. It was nice to just relax the night before the wedding. We rehearsed in the backyard and then enjoyed ribs, chicken, shrimp, various salads, rum punch, desserts, etc.. 

Officiants other then a JP? Our officiant was an elder from the church we were attending when we lived in CT

Music Our dj (Tom Salatto from Starry Nite Entertainment) did our music for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception and he was awesome. He did a great job of reading the crowd and knowing what to play when, and kept the dance floor packed all night. 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the info! Did anyone use a string trio or quartet etc...during their ceremony? Or have their dj handle it? We are getting married on site @ the gazebo. We are hoping to block rooms at a local hotel in addition to WE. The Comfort Inn was the furthest away but seemed the nicest...what were some choices others made?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_calling-waters-edge-brides-past-present-future?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:af16dcbd-054f-40d3-868b-1d1398db0a78Post:8186e139-45bf-4fa4-84e4-65213f8d354d">Re: Calling all Waters Edge Brides! Past, Present, and Future....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for all the info! Did anyone use a string trio or quartet etc...during their ceremony? Or have their dj handle it? We are getting married on site @ the gazebo. We are hoping to block rooms at a local hotel in addition to WE. The Comfort Inn was the furthest away but seemed the nicest...what were some choices others made?
    Posted by Lizlangevin[/QUOTE]

I would have loved to have had a string quartet for the ceremony, but when our dj said he'd charge only an extra $100 to do the music for our ceremony and cocktail hour as well it was hard to pass that up and he did a great job and provided the speakers and microphone for the ceremony as well since Waters Edge would have charged extra to provide all that equipment. We also married at the garden gazebo and loved the location.

As for the hotel, a bunch of people said they were booking rooms at WE, but when it came down to it, the only ones who stayed there was my MOH and the best man due to the price. A lot of OOT guests stayed at the Comfort Inn over near where Route 9 dumps out onto I-95 and it was nicer there then we originally thought. I dropped off a bunch of OOT welcome boxes there and was impressed with the facilities since it was a Comfort Inn.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards