Catholic Weddings

So Excited

FI and I have our first meeting at the church tomorrow to start the wedding planning process. We are both converts as we found the faith in college, and we are so excited to begin our marriage the right way! We already have the book, Together for Life, and have a few questions. Overall though I cannot wait to know with 100% certainty that this is the day we are getting married. 

Does anyone have any advice looking back on the process? I am just so excited to be finalizing everything!

Re: So Excited

• edited December 2011
    I'm halfway there, but earlier this year our archdiocese put on a wedding liturgy and music seminar.  We got to hear different selections for each portion on the mass.  It was very helpful.

The person at the church should be able to walk you through everything.  They are usually very thorough.  They will tell you what you need to have and when you need to have it done.  We took our FOCCUS test with our priest and signed up for our engagement retreat, but that's not until Oct.

Good luck and have fun.  Trust me, it'll be here and gone before you know it!

142 Ready To Celebrate! image

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'll throw out there that the hardest part for me was getting my program together.  There are a lot of good examples on the board and mine is in my bio.

Good luck and Congrats!
    My Grandparents on their wedding day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    bio
    Repeat this to your self: My Wedding Party is made of my family and friends and I should treat them as such.
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you so much! We booked the church and a lot of things came with that. We also took our FOCCUS test, and it was fun to think how tangible everything is. We started making our readings (and readers) selection. Thank you so much for your program examples. It really helped!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards