Wedding Invitations & Paper

Song request on response cards?

So FH came up with the idea that, because we don't have a clue as to everyone's taste in music and we are pretty odd ourselves (listen to country & hard rock/metal) that we should include a song request on our response card. Since he hasn't wanted to be super involved, I'm really trying to make his idea work. But I'm having a hard time wording it. So far, I have I/We promise to dance if you play: What do you think? Anyone else done this or have ideas?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Song request on response cards?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_song-request-on-response-cards?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:5f1722ac-8db3-4796-a2d2-b52bcd975aaaPost:8c1b93c7-3e5b-4fd3-9022-c9e5ddbc59f8">Re: Song request on response cards?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I didn't do this but I've heard of it.  I don't like the phrasing.  They can still want to hear a song and not need to dance to it. If you have a good DJ they will know what to play to get people to dance.
    Posted by edielaura[/QUOTE]

<div>What Edie wrote.</div><div>
    </div><div>We're doing song requests on our RSVPs but we worded it:</div><div>"We're Taking Requests!</div><div>Please tell us a song you'd like to dance to:</div><div>__________________________________"</div><div>
    </div><div>As the responses come back, we're just recording the requests, and any that we like/wouldn't mind hearing, we'll forward to our DJ.  He doesn't *have* to play them all, but if there's time and if a song *fits,* he can.</div>
  • Thanks guys. I wasn't really sold on the idea at first, but FH is really proud of himself for coming up with what he thinks is a cool idea so I think I'm gonna let him have his moment :) I like your wording better than what we have, though, DiLynn.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards