African American Weddings

Deadline for RSVP

Ok, long story short fiance took full reign of the wedding and I let him. He got the invitations printed about 2 months ago. They're DIY ones where you have to tie a ribbon bow on them. The RSVP date he put on the invites is October 1st. Today is September 9th. He just left to drop the bows off with his mom because it was too hard for him. I tried doing it last night but apparently my bows weren't good enough for him. So there's no telling WHEN we're getting the invites out. We're including and FAQ sheet with the invites, should I put something in the FAQ sheet that says we've changed the RSVP date to November 1st?
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Deadline for RSVP

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_deadline-for-rsvp?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:c1447bf0-05df-4e49-8f6d-708610a37ce8Post:39cee3e2-361a-4daa-863f-d4cbfe42ebb6">Deadline for RSVP</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok, long story short fiance took full reign of the wedding and I let him. He got the invitations printed about 2 months ago. They're DIY ones where you have to tie a ribbon bow on them. The RSVP date he put on the invites is October 1st. Today is September 9th. He just left to drop the bows off with his mom because it was too hard for him. I tried doing it last night but apparently my bows weren't good enough for him. So there's no telling WHEN we're getting the invites out. We're including and FAQ sheet with the invites, should I put something in the FAQ sheet that says we've changed the RSVP date to November 1st?
    Posted by footballwife77[/QUOTE]

Yes ma'am, in<strong> <u>BOLD  </u></strong>print.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • NOPE !!! Leave it as is and mentally know you'll accept them till nov 1st.... a lil less stress for you
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I agree with Mer but maybe update on your wedding website and have them refer to that for updates.
    imageimage May2013 October Siggy:Honeymoon:Putna Cana http://1badwedding.weebly.com/
  • I would leave it as is. As people are saying most people don't RSVP ontime any way.  This way maybe people will respond sooner. 

I haven't mailed mine out yet because my aunt said it was too early and I shouldn't allow people a lot of time to RSVP.  My RSVP date is October 6 and we aren't mailing them out until next weekend.
    **I am getting married to Mr. Wonderful on 11/3/2012**
  • I so agree! Leave it and just call ppl closer to your real deadline
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • Leave as is. Accept until new date.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • CreoleBride30CreoleBride30 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited September 2012
    It depends...if you are able to get invites out soon, Leave your RSVP date as is. Ppl only need 2 weeks so you might have enough time if y'all get them out by next week. I wouldn't mention anything about the new RSVP date as it may confuse ppl and make them wait until the last minute anyway. However, if you know for a fact that your invites will not go out until the end of the month, then, I would definitely put that info on the Informational card.
    click here to view our Amazing Love wedding website Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_deadline-for-rsvp?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:c1447bf0-05df-4e49-8f6d-708610a37ce8Post:3aa6b2ec-6b4f-4114-92db-10bbeaf4c9ec">Re: Deadline for RSVP</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would leave it as is. As people are saying most people don't RSVP ontime any way.  This way maybe people will respond sooner.  I haven't mailed mine out yet because my aunt said it was too early and I shouldn't allow people a lot of time to RSVP.  My RSVP date is October 6 and we aren't mailing them out until next weekend.
    Posted by kcc76[/QUOTE]

Really? My RSVP date is Oct. 1 and my wedding in 11/17. I haven't sent them out yet...the OOT are going out prayerfully tomorrow.
    image180 Made the cut!
    image 129 Ready to drop it like its HOT!
    image 7 Found something else to do
    image 44 Are just plain RUDE!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest November 2012 - October Siggy Challenge image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards