Wedding Etiquette Forum

Stressful week ends in waste of money !

After a very stressful week I decided to make my STD. What a bad decision on my part. 
Here's a photo of them, the date is in the picture but I forgot to put the location and our NAMES! Something so simple! On top of that I planned on inviting around 180 (most are out of town and we know they wont come but thought it would still be nice to send them an invite) okay so that's how many PEOPLE not FAMILIES! NOT thinking I printed 180! Instead of only 100 for the number of families! OMG I am so ready for this week to be over :( In the STD photo is our wedding website which has all of the information but now I feel like I need to re-do these because they aren't done right :(. Any ideas on how to fix them without having to make NEW ones.? I was thinking of writing it in but my hand writing isnt great. My MOH says she thinks it will be okay since I added the webpage and everyone makes mistakes.

Feel free to visit our webpage as well :) Any tips will help! TIA

Re: Stressful week ends in waste of money !

• Is there printing on the back? Can you get a stamp made or something and either stamp on the back "jack and Jill, 10122013, city, state" or do the same for the front? You can order a stamp cheap on vista print with a coupon...good luck!
  • Thanks to you both! 

Freebread I may just do the stamp on the back.. Or even thought about doing the stamp on the back on the envelope? 

Liatris, everyone that is getting one knows us well :) Just figured that it SHOULD have had our names and ciy on it !
  • I did EXACTLY the same thing with my invitations -- ordered enough for the number of people instead of the number of families!  Somehow I managed to do it right for the STDs, but wrong for the invites . . . boy did I feel like a dummy!!  But that's what happens when you've got other things on your mind.  Anyway, the wasted money sucks, but there's nothing to do but laugh about it at this point -- and know that you're definitely not the first one who has made this mistake :)
  • Thank You Elplute :) Once I got home I honestly wanted to CRY! 
  • I think you're okay too.  As others have said, as long as you live near your wedding venue so it's no big surprise as to where it's going to be located and your website provides all of the necessary information then it's not a huge deal.  I hope your stressful week gets better!
  • edited December 2012
    I think you're okay since it has your pictures and surnames, but that "&" in the lower left kind of stands out to me. Could you use a pretty calligraphy pen and put your initials there? Like "S & T" or whatever they are? I think it would look okay to handwrite that portion of it.

Also, you can always use the extras for your family albums, a scrapbook, and anyone you may have forgotten on the initial guest list and remember once you're addressing envelopes. Also, having the extra envelopes will be nice just in case you make an error while writing addresses (or are they postcards?)

I almost made the same mistake with the number by the way. I was freaking out over the cost of the STDs we wanted, and then FI pointed out that we only need 50, not 100. I wanted to faceplant my desk.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I forgot to have "formal invitation to follow" on ours so I just handwrote it at the bottom and then our initials.  Ours were postcards.  I never heard anything about it and I honestly don't think anyone noticed.  If I were you I'd just handwrite something like "Can't wait to celebrate with you in ____, Bride & Groom"  It takes some time but you can hammer it out while you watch TV or something.  Nothing to sweat over!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_stressful-week-ends-in-waste-of-money?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a77e23c4-0933-4104-a0bf-1e459d0f5328Post:4596dc86-fb1f-4e3e-8da3-b2ec662c4815">Re: Stressful week ends in waste of money !</a>:
    [QUOTE]I forgot to have "formal invitation to follow" on ours so I just handwrote it at the bottom and then our initials.  Ours were postcards.  I never heard anything about it and I honestly don't think anyone noticed.  <strong>If I were you I'd just handwrite something like "Can't wait to celebrate with you in ____, Bride & Groom"</strong>  It takes some time but you can hammer it out while you watch TV or something.  Nothing to sweat over!
    Posted by derksenriley[/QUOTE]

<div>This. I would just use a fine-tipped Sharpie to write a short message with your names.  Even if you have bad handwriting, if you take your time, it will look nice and add a personal touch.</div>
  • If I were you, before posting that to a public forum, I would have blacked out the wedding website. I just looked at it and I now know everything about you, including you asking for money for the honeymoon and your house. (not cool)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards