Wedding Etiquette Forum

Anyone around tonight?

Re: Anyone around tonight?

• Thanks, Adamar! It was a pretty great day. 

• Good evening.

I'm nice and relaxed from my massage and pedi (and the mimosas).   

Now I'm relaxing drinking some wine watching DH cook dinner for us and a neighbor (her husband has a work function at DH's place).   We were going to have pasta with some tomato sauce.  Which we are still having, but he is adding meatballs, bruschetta and other stuff he is finding to make out of our fridge and cabinets.    Ahh, the joys of being married to a chef.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-around-tonight-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b5210e21-2e39-40b0-822b-12eea85c2c49Post:122c79c5-106b-48e9-8aa8-5fabc3b353fe">Re: Anyone around tonight?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Could you convince him to order something? 
    Posted by ArynBaker[/QUOTE]

<div>Possibly.  There's not a whole lot to choose from around here, though.</div>
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • yeah, the pharmacy was $31.46 as compared to $79.99 at Target for the prescription for my dog.  I suppose I can suffer the misery for the insanely huge price difference.
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-around-tonight-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b5210e21-2e39-40b0-822b-12eea85c2c49Post:42c144cd-0cb2-410d-9aa8-ae1769be6fa5">Re: Anyone around tonight?</a>:
    [QUOTE]yeah, the pharmacy was $31.46 as compared to $79.99 at Target for the prescription for my dog.  I suppose I can suffer the misery for the insanely huge price difference.
    Posted by kellyjellybelly[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>What's wrong with your dog?</div><div>
    </div><div>I've had to call the vet every week lately for  Chef D.  I'm over it.</div>

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Yea, their pharmacy prices are usually worth it.

So question ladies. I'm looking for a new to me, used car. Have any of you had a car you loved that lasted a while and didn't need to go into the shop too often? I'm a VW person myself but maybe I should branch out since my current one did have a lot of issues. 
  • Oh my goodness Lynda, that is an adorable picture in your sig! 
  • lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-around-tonight-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b5210e21-2e39-40b0-822b-12eea85c2c49Post:80515a18-f220-48e5-9afa-3c1915393a8d">Re: Anyone around tonight?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh my goodness Lynda, that is an adorable picture in your sig! 

<div>Thanks.  I took that about a month ago.  My mac was broke, so I couldn't download it until today.  </div><div>It's my favorite picture of him.  I even gave a pic to DH for Father's day.</div><div>
    </div><div>ETA - doesn't it look like his beauty spot just fell off of his nose?</div>

• Haha it does! That was such a good Father's Day gift idea! 
  • Good evening ladies!

FI and I just got finished with dinner.  We had some steak with corn on the cob and some roasted green beans.  Yum!

We did a bunch of errands today and then went min-golfing and had root beer floats at A&W.  Those were delicious.  I haven't been there in years.

Now we're just looking for a movie to rent on the X-box.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Omg! Lynda Chef D's picture is ADORABLE!
  • lynda - my smaller dog had some bloodword down, her liver enzymes were very elevated.  we ruled out cushings with a bloodtest, then did an ultrasound.  ultrasound showed some sludge in her gallbladder, so she's on a daily med now.  so, she's ok - just needs a pill everyday to try and keep the gallbladder under control.
    Photobucket
  • Aryn, I'm a big fan of Toyotas.  Not only do they run forever but they hold their value really, really well.  We bought my '96 Tacoma 8 years ago.  It was worth close to $10k then, and it's still sitting at $7500-$8500, which is amazing for a car this old.

I'm home alone since H is working tonight.  My plan was to work on my picnic table but it's raining :-(  I think it finally quit, but I'm afraid to get started in case it starts again.  Hopefully tomorrow or Monday I can get to it.  I'm going to paint it and then put a paisley design on it with stencils - not a pattern or anything, just something to give it some character.

I also want to make cushions for the bench.  I'm thinking oil cloth so it can stand up to the weather.  Anyone have an opinion on that?

Also, Chef D is adorable and the dinner Mr Lynda is making sounds delightful.
  • That sounds like one adorable picnic bench. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-around-tonight-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b5210e21-2e39-40b0-822b-12eea85c2c49Post:35033e65-f804-4501-a2e8-15955e2b92f6">Re: Anyone around tonight?</a>:
    [QUOTE]That sounds like one adorable picnic bench. 

<div>Thanks!  I hope it turns out cute.  It's a really old table, given to us by a family friend, and it needs some lovin'.  It's one of those projects I've been meaning to do for a couple of years now, so I'm excited to get to it.</div>
  • I need some help/suggestions!

My birthday is in a few weeks and H asked me what I wanted...I had no idea.  I feel bad because he gets so stressed trying to get me a gift.  He said "You are really hard to shop for.  I know not to buy you clothes, and I am out of jewelry to buy you, I just have no idea...and it isn't fair because I am super easy to shop for"  (he always just wants an amazon gift card).

Soooooo I told him I would think about it.  But I have no idea.  What do I need?  hahaha
  • Hockey  - a gc for a massage?  Mani/pedi?  Facial?
  • I'm here! My dad called and was like "Yeah, so I'm near home, come meet me at X and we can spend some time together." Way to be last minute dad. It was good to see him though. 

And I deserve a most devoted daughter award. I drove my happy ass in 108F heat over an hour away to see my dad. Then, fortunately, by the time it was time to go home it had "cooled" down to 93.
  • Hockey, I like Drama's suggestion. Everyone could enjoy a nice spa day. 

LTB, I'm sorry to hear you've been out of power for so long! That must have been miserable today! 

• I'm here. Hanging out with future stepson again while FI works.  He wanted to talk about cow chips earlier.  Also, I may not be a real mom, but I'm fairly certain that chips and queso and Slim Jims aren't the most nutritious dinner ever. At some point I'll hop into my pumpkin and turn from a fun babysitter into a stepmonster, I'm certain.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-around-tonight-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b5210e21-2e39-40b0-822b-12eea85c2c49Post:3259a095-b0d5-4ea3-91be-14cb3ff9d998">Re: Anyone around tonight?</a>:
    [QUOTE]What is a cow chip? 
    Posted by ArynBaker[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Poop.

</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-around-tonight-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:b5210e21-2e39-40b0-822b-12eea85c2c49Post:3259a095-b0d5-4ea3-91be-14cb3ff9d998">Re: Anyone around tonight?</a>:
    [QUOTE]What is a cow chip? 

Dried cow poop.  Fertilizer.
  • I lied. We still don't have power. Back at MIL's.
  • Evening, ladies.

I went shopping today with one mission:  Find a dress (and shoes if needed) for a wedding in two weeks. I had side goals of some shorts and/or capris I can wear to work, and a new purse (I've been looking for about two months).

4 hours later (FOUR HOURS), I came home with: a dress for the wedding, shoes for the wedding (my first nude pumps! I feel like a grown up), two pairs of shorts I can wear to work, one pair of capris I can wear to work, a new purse, and two super cute tops. Oh, and a pair of cushy gel Nike flip flops (I've been coveting them for awhile, but $35 for flip flops? No thanks. $18 on sale at Kohl's I can do!).

My H went golfing today, and he left his pitching wedge on a hole.  Some d-bags behind them broke it.  Purposely.  WTF, assholes?

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • J - Sometimes I wonder how people like those d bags are able to function in society. They're obviously just over grown children. And congrats on your successful shopping day.

Daff - ick. I'm glad we have power. I'd be crying otherwise. 
  • J, kudos to you for shopping for so long. After 2 hours I'm done, whether I've met my shopping agenda or not. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-around-tonight-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b5210e21-2e39-40b0-822b-12eea85c2c49Post:e48633de-df13-4192-a1c4-a1ed91e2af64">Re: Anyone around tonight?</a>:
    [QUOTE]J, kudos to you for shopping for so long. After 2 hours I'm done, whether I've met my shopping agenda or not. 

Well, most of it was actually accomplished in the first hour or so.  But then I had to grocery shop, and then I stopped at the mall to get my jewerly inspected, and I wandered while they were taking care of that, and bought a bunch more stuff.  And then I remembered I still had an AE gift card, so I went there, and yeahhhhh.  I'm not normally a marathon shopper, except when my BFF and I go to Chicago, so I'm pooped.

But I now own my first pair of nude pumps.  I feel like a grown up.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Yeah I'm not a happy camper. News articles keep talking about possibility of extended outages. I just want to be on my couch, and sleeping in my bed later.

Boy I'm whiny.
  • It's okay Daff. I would be whiney too. 

Who wants to come cook something wholesome for me? I still feel icky. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards