New York-New York City

Please Help - I'm Looking For All Inclusive Vendor in New York for Small Wedding of 30 on Budget of

Hello other Knot-ers,

I am devastated and I need your help. I may have to cancel my wedding for a year after just purchasing the invitations and sending out save the dates to family and friends over not being able to find a vendor in budget (or close to it) that is willing to accommodate such a small party on Friday, July 12th 2013.

I am looking to host a small affair of 30-40 people. I want some nosh, a little something to drink, in a nice place that has windows with a view of something (anything, really other than the building next to it), a little charm/character, chairs, tablecloths and silverware provided in a per person arrangement. I am more than willing to have my wedding on a Friday evening and I have a budget of $6,500. I am beyond tears and need help.

Perhaps I am crazy? I want a nice affair with a good vibe in NYC the place I love and started my family with my fiance. I am fighting family from out of state and I am going to lose if I can not find a place to host the wedding. I am at the end of my teether, my finance is upset, my 13 year old son is saddened and I am running out of Ideas and vendors to call since none want to take my money.

Please if you have some ideas...anything... please tell me.

Re: Please Help - I'm Looking For All Inclusive Vendor in New York for Small Wedding of 30 on Budget of

• edited January 2013
    Hello other Knot-ers,

I am devastated and I need your help. I may have to cancel my wedding for a year after just purchasing the invitations and sending out save the dates to family and friends over not being able to find a vendor in budget (or close to it) that is willing to accommodate such a small party on Friday, July 12th 2013.

I am looking to host a small affair of 30-40 people. I want some nosh, a little something to drink, in a nice place that has windows with a view of something (anything, really other than the building next to it), a little charm/character, chairs, tablecloths and silverware provided in a per person arrangement. I am more than willing to have my wedding on a Friday evening and I have a budget of $6,500. I am beyond tears and need help.

Perhaps I am crazy? I want a nice affair with a good vibe in NYC the place I love and started my family with my fiance. I am fighting family from out of state and I am going to lose if I can not find a place to host the wedding. I am at the end of my teether, my finance is upset, my 13 year old son is saddened and I am running out of Ideas and vendors to call since none want to take my money.

Please if you have some ideas...anything... please tell me.
  • HobokensFuryHobokensFury member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited January 2013
    I'm going to move this to the NYC board for you.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Thank you. Like I said- I am a mess. I appreciate you help. Sincerely - Tiffany

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-new-york-city_please-help-im-looking-for-all-inclusive-vendor-in-new-york-for-small-wedding-of-30-on-budget-of-6500?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:114Discussion:18d9c057-c570-47b8-9e1c-3c1b5b122e92Post:03c1184d-1cbf-45df-af5b-636dd6e24205">Re: Please Help - I'm Looking For All Inclusive Vendor in New York for Small Wedding of 30 on Budget of 6,500</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm going to move this to the NYC board for you.
    Posted by HobokenBride2012[/QUOTE]
  • Have you considered a small resturant.  I know people have had small weddings at clubs in Hoboken, which may work for you.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Try restaurants, yelp.com and chowhound.com have multiple threads on restaurants that do private events. NY Magazine has a couple of articles listing places too. You may need to compromise on the view, when we were pricing things for 20 guests the locations with a view were closer to $8k-$10k rather than the $4k-$6k for those without. You can definitely find something in your price range.

We're using Valbella in the Meatpacking district, if you are looking to serve alcohol it may be above your budget.
    Visit The Nest!  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Thank you spunky. Yes, I will keep looking at Yelp and Chowhownd. It seems as soon as I mention the W word the price goes up exponentially with 1k tacked on for ceremony alone. I will try to keep a stiff upper lip and  one hand my yelp app. Hopefully something will surface soon. I will keep contacting places. Eventually one will have to say yes...?

I love New York and I am greatful to people like you spunky414 on the knot who come to the rescue with ideas and innovative solutions. I can't imagine my wedding anywhere else, I hope someone somewhere in the city will work with me and I can have dream wedding.

Thanks!
    Tiffany
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-new-york-city_please-help-im-looking-for-all-inclusive-vendor-in-new-york-for-small-wedding-of-30-on-budget-of-6500?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:114Discussion:18d9c057-c570-47b8-9e1c-3c1b5b122e92Post:01bbaa1e-2bbf-4026-86e2-2bf16e3ef8c5">Re: Please Help - I'm Looking For All Inclusive Vendor in New York for Small Wedding of 30 on Budget of 6,500</a>:
    [QUOTE]Have you considered a small restaurant.  I know people have had small weddings at clubs in Hoboken, which may work for you.
    Posted by HobokenBride2012[/QUOTE]
  • You could also try doing your ceremony in a public park (only costs a permit fee) and then having a "family reunion" dinner at a restaurant.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Feb13 Siggy Challenge
  • Try Thadassia, I think it's in the Meatpacking district. It's a great restaurant that I know does weddings and its not too expensive. Plus it's small, so you might be able to have the whole place for your wedding. Good luck!!
  • In Response to Please Help - I'm Looking For All Inclusive Vendor in New York for Small Wedding of 30 on Budget of 6,500:
    Hi, 

Are you open to getting married in Brooklyn?  If so, I planned my sister's wedding in a loft in DUMBO right by the water next to a beautiful park and carousel!  It came to around the same as your budget... for 75 people and dress included!  There was an abundance of food, liquor and the decor was fabulous!  Please let me know if I can be of service to you.  We have tons of pictures.  tedh_b (at) yahoo.com

Kindly,

Trudi
  • Floralterrace.com Definitely within your price range.
  • Tiffany,

I can tell you all of the ideas that my coordinator told my friend, who also has a low budget (though higher than yours) though you may want to contact her yourself. Website She is always willing to help out someone in need and comes highly recommended and she is EXTREMELY afforable-- trust me on that.

What she suggested to my friend was renting out a bare space to your liking, and making the rest come together. She suggested a very low cost staffing company serving food delivered by a local restaurant. Rentals will need to come in and you will likely need someone to oversee but this will likely fit your budget. She also knows a lot of VERY low price vendors that she has offered my friend and I.

Shoot her an email -- you won't be disappointed
  • Try City Island... I've used the City Island Yatch Club for serveral parties. Excellent menu.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards